Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-04-2011, 04:42 PM   #81
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Cost to Attend the MARC Meet??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Parr WI View Post
Having been involved from both sides, national and local, of national meets in the past my wife and I have also discussed this possibility before. To what extent could an event planners expense be offset by reduced cost? Would not an experienced person be able to negotiate better hotel "deals", find more sponsors. know where to get "freebees", and in other ways reduce expenses? From the local club prospective what is offered is requirements and what is wanted is knowledge which is not currently available from the national.
Jerry, like you, my wife, my two teenage kids, and myself planned & hosted the 52 Annual Model T Ford Club Int'l meet in our town without the aide of a local club or chapter. I must tell you the only two times in my life I have really been extremely nervous is when I walked down the aisle and said "I Do!" at my wedding, ...and the 2nd was when I sat down in that Holiday Inn office and signed on the dotted line guaranteeing the Meet. I now know what I would do different at the next meet, --and my wife has told me that I can do another Meet again, ....with my next wife! THAT ain't gonna happen either!!

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote