Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Late V8 (1954+)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-17-2020, 03:29 PM   #1
38 Conv

Default SCAM alert

[email protected]

OR

[email protected]

Show you the part send money never get the part
38 Conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 10:14 PM   #2
Daves55Sedan

Default Re: SCAM alert

Are these people who have advertised parts for sale on fordbarns "swapmeet" ? If so, it is very disturbing to here we have some scammers advertising here.
I have many parts for sale in the late V8 swapmeet and hope all my customers realize that I will always give accurate descriptions, low prices and prompt shipment. I hope all the people who advertise on the swapmeet will respect their fellow fordbarner and deal with integrity as well. If we have scammers, people will begin to lose confidence in their ability to do legitimate business via the swapmeet with anyone. Not good.
Daves55Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 07:40 AM   #3
mobileparts

That REALLY sucks -- because there ARE 99%+ good, honest, hard working people here -- that just want to share their wares....
Do you have a phone number for these clowns??? Call them every hour ..... Until you get satisfaction....Your merchandise or your money back.....
mobileparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 08:06 AM   #4
Ford blue blood

Sounds like the same bunch from over on the HAMB......

2016 F-150
2016 Focus
08 Shelby GT500
57 Ford Ranchero
36 Chevy, 351C/FMX, 8", Mustang II
Ford blue blood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 10:24 AM   #5
54vicky

anytime you want something and the price or anything seems too good due diligence will save you your time and money.simply ask for advice on the seller.this is critical if the seller has recently joined.I realize this is not a guarantee but a few minutes asking will save you or anyone a ton of aggravation and money
54vicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 03:39 PM   #6
hoss73ford

Someone tried to scam me six years ago on here. I was looking for three original wheels for a 1966 F250 and someone a couple hundred miles away said he had some. I offered to drive up there but he said to send him a Moneygram and would ship them. That's when I knew it was a scam.
hoss73ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 06:23 PM   #7
Daves55Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54vicky View Post
anytime you want something and the price or anything seems too good due diligence will save you your time and money.
Well, not always. I am selling most of my stuff real cheap, but I would say having been around here for a while, it is better to know who you are dealing with. So far, I have had great confidence in most of the people I have sold to. In many cases, I will ship out to them before I receive payment by mail, knowing they have integrity and will not cheat me.
If doing business with someone you are not familiar with, I suggest the usual policy of not only receiving payment, but waiting till their check clears the bank (usually 3 business days) BEFORE shipping the parts.
Daves55Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 08:00 AM   #8
51504bat

I've bought and sold both here on the Barn and the Hamb. Never any issues with what I've bought and I think what I've sold has been at fair prices. I always stand by what I sell and offer to resolve any problems once the buyer receives the part. Had the USPS damage one of the pair of water pump cores I sold to a guy back east. I refunded the buyer's money and dealt with the post office myself. He ended up getting one undamaged pump for free and I eventually got my money back since I used a flat rate box with the included insurance. I think 99+% of Barner's or Hamber's are honest and trustworthy. Its just sorting the less than 1% who aren't that is the problem.
Old 10-20-2020, 03:01 PM   #9
ALLTIN33

You have there address put it out for everyone to see Just maybe ???????? 99% will be alert not to respond.
ALLTIN33 is offline   Reply With Quote