Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-09-2014, 12:07 AM   #1
mrtexas

Default Early 28 off to paint

I have found a body shop guy that will paint my open cab pickup for $2,500. He did a very nice job on my 36 woodie. Just getting the 36 back on the road after a little varnish work and replacing the 25 top slats. I supply the paint. I'm trailering it 110 miles tomorrow to Jorge's place. I had it wet blasted and have shot 2 gallons of Southern Polyurethane epoxy primer. Jorge will do the final body work and shoot the paint. I found a couple rust spots under the old paint job. The driver's side door needed a 4 inch patch at the bottom and one corner of the cab needed about 3/4 inch x 12 inch patch. At few other small holes as well. Wow, the rear beaver tail fenders look like NOS. The passenger side front fender has had some very good beating out on the front. I've found the bed and running boards to be new and the floorpan under the seat has been replaced. Lots of early 28 parts tho. I'm using TCP Restoration Shop line of paint for the green and Kirker for the black. I did repaint a few pieces a couple years ago, the driver's side door, radiator cover, the tailgate, and half the hood. I'll have those pieces scuffed up and shot again with the rest to match.

Overall a really nice truck. I'll be selling it in a few months, too many old cars -4 and the 28 open cab pickup and 29 roadster will have to go! The 36 woodie and 63 Corvette will stay.

mrtexas is offline   Reply With Quote