Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Late V8 (1954+)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-22-2013, 11:23 AM   #1
mfrk
BANNED

Default Rudeness

Well Im saying it again people are rude & disrespectful Ive been asked several times for pictures to be emailed to people "WHO WANT TO BUY IT" so I take my time to do so & then get no reply or a "THANK YOU BUT NOT INTERESTED" C-Mon people If someones taken the time to do you a favor at least reply to them.
mfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 03:29 PM   #2
ford3

Default Re: Rudeness

LOL, wish full thinking, most of those are just picture collectors, you dont really know who is serious, so all i can say is email the pictures, the ones who are interested will contact you and ask if you could send them a picture or two
ford3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:44 PM   #3
46yblock

I dont mind the response "Thank you but no thanks". It is the lack of any response that is disrespectful. It doesnt happen often.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:42 AM   #4
SSsssteamer

I have been the victim of people selling parts that they never had. They will take your money and run. Now, I always ask for a photo of the part being sold. That really helps sort out the fraud. Recently I advertised on the internet for a windshield frame. I was contacted by the seller who said that he had one on the car that he was parting out. I told him that I wanted to see a photo of it before I would send him the $350 that he wanted for it. In return he sent me a photo of the windshield frame with it still on the car. It was a photo of my car with me still sitting in my car with the old windshield frame that I was trying to replace. It was a photo that my friend had taken and the photo had been posted on the net. I am glad that I had first asked for a photo before sending him my money. Always ask for a photo before sending your money.
SSsssteamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:04 AM   #5
Y-Blockhead

^^^^^^^^
Now that's just crazy...
Y-Blockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:04 AM   #6
Rowdy
BANNED

Seems to be a trend that if they do not want it, they just don't respond. I always consider it unsold until I receive comfirmation otherwise. I try to ignore the nonreplies. Rod
Old 09-25-2013, 09:48 PM   #7
34pickup

Banned already? Must have ticked off the brass with too much drama.
Matt 24:36-41
34pickup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:09 PM   #8
Frankenstein57

I was guilty of not responding to a picture request, but the stuff being sold was supposed to be in such great shape, I was simply floored to see pitted up junk with a big price tag, Mark
Frankenstein57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:16 PM   #9
46yblock

Sellers, myself included, sometimes dont have a good handle on value. A reply might result in a new negotiated price, or maybe simply an education of the seller that what they think is good isnt. I have a seat listed on another site. To some eyes it is junk, but for the guy that cant find it anywhere, it would be a shame to Junk It.

Then there is the case of an item that sits around the Barn for years. Multiple unsuccesful attempts are made to find it a new home, and finally it IS junked. Later someone learns that you threw the valued item away and they cant believe it.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:14 PM   #10
zipperhead

On the flip side, guy sets up at Amherst NH swap meet with lots of fenders but not one I'm looking for...handed his card as he says he has several sets at his house in Jericho Vt..I won't mention his name as I have some class. Called him and he says he will call me that night. No call. Call him next day leave message..no call.. Call several days later, wife says she apologizes he will call you back tonight...no call...WTF...why bother with this guy...just rude I guess
zipperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:45 PM   #11
Step-down

I work in NYC sounds like the norm ......Read a bumper sticker "mean people suck "LOL...
Old 11-01-2013, 07:17 PM   #12
Shadetree

My son advertised his car on eBay. A potential buyer wanted to come see the car, which was fine. I bet he spent an hour taking pictures in the trunk, under the dash, under the hood, under the car, and from every angle outside. He said he would let us know, waved good-bye and away he went. After not hearing from him in a few days my son called him and asked why he hadn't heard from him. The picture taker said he wasn't interested in the car...

I think he enjoyed taking pictures of antique cars and never had any intentions of buying the car.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:36 AM   #13
Y-Blockhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadetree View Post
I think he enjoyed taking pictures of antique cars and never had any intentions of buying the car.
OR... he had a car similar and needed pictures of yours so he put his back together properly, haha
Y-Blockhead is offline   Reply With Quote