Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-25-2018, 10:01 AM   #1
mfirth

Default help for a friend

I have a disabled friend with a 41 sedan delivery, a 56 panel truck[rough], and an 82 Durango with an H O 302 which is nice . He's talking of selling and wants me to do it since he can't talk very well. He's reluctant on the 41, but to me that is the attention getter. Suggestions PLEASE ! Thanks Fella's! mike
mfirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 11:18 AM   #2
19Fordy

Default Re: help for a friend

You don't specifically say if he wants top sell all the vehicles or just some. If he has a computer he can do research to find out what others have sold for. As for the 41, check and see what 40 sedan deliverys have sold for. Here's a start.
https://classics.autotrader.com/clas...ivery-for-sale Be reasonable and honest. Also here:
http://www.allcollectorcars.com/clas...edan-delivery/ Let him make the final decision. I think the market is changing in a downward direction for OEM cars as younger buyers are now buying the cars of their youth like muscle cars. Street rods with all the modern conveniences seem to be doing well, however.
19Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 11:29 AM   #3
40 Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfirth View Post
I have a disabled friend with a 41 sedan delivery, a 56 panel truck[rough], and an 82 Durango with an H O 302 which is nice . He's talking of selling and wants me to do it since he can't talk very well. He's reluctant on the 41, but to me that is the attention getter. Suggestions PLEASE ! Thanks Fella's! mike
A Dodge with a Ford engine?? Rather unusual! Wonder why. A Durango doesn't seem a likely candidate for an engine swap.
40 Deluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 02:04 PM   #4
jagnweiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40 Deluxe View Post
A Dodge with a Ford engine?? Rather unusual! Wonder why. A Durango doesn't seem a likely candidate for an engine swap.
A 1982 Durango isn’t a Dodge. It’s a Ford. Sort of the successor to the Ranchero, based on a Fairmont platform. I’ll admit to having to Google it, because I don’t remember them at all.

Edit: Or maybe that’s not what we’re talking about, as apparently only 100 of them were made as conversions.

'47 Mercury Convertible
'25 Dodge Bros. Touring Car
'63 MG Midget
jagnweiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 04:52 PM   #5
40 Deluxe

Wow! I should have paid more attention to the year of this Durango! The first Dodge Durango was 1998, nowhere near 1982! ("Engage brain before putting fingers in gear!")
40 Deluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 05:14 PM   #6
mfirth

Thanks guys, very helpful. Like i said the 41 isn't for sale yet, but if some one showed interest....? He can't do much on line, he is too disabled, that's why i'm trying to help.
jagnwiener, that is it, fairmont ranchero..sort of. 19fordy, thanks for the links ! mike
Old 06-25-2018, 08:28 PM   #7
paul2748

Ford Durango was a car manufactured by Ford and modified into a Durango by National Coach Corporation. It was intended to replace the Ford Ranchero. The car was based on the Ford Fox platform, specifically the Ford Fairmont Futura. Reports of total Durangos builts is from 89 to 220 units. Ford Fairmonts were delivered to National Coach Corporation which modified the body

I believe they were produced in 81 and 82.
paul2748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 06:35 AM   #8
mfirth

Paul, thanks for the info on the Durango. Knew they were low production.....does this make them "rare". Sorry this got out of "the early ford" realm.
Just trying to help a disabled Vietnam Vet. Be blessed guys & thanks again, mike
Old 06-26-2018, 08:43 PM   #9
paul2748

I guess that makes them "rare" but I have no ideal what they are going for since I have not seen very many of them in the "net". An ebay search did not turn up anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfirth View Post
Paul, thanks for the info on the Durango. Knew they were low production.....does this make them "rare". Sorry this got out of "the early ford" realm.
Just trying to help a disabled Vietnam Vet. Be blessed guys & thanks again, mike
paul2748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 12:06 AM   #10
Tinker

I like fishing too, live bait works well.

post some pictures and say what is for sale. If the 41 isn't for sale leave it out.

best of luck
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote