Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-08-2015, 10:48 PM   #1
Drive Shaft Dave

Default Technical Questions To Jerry Wilhelm

While looking at the Model A News, Nov, Dec there is an article about the gas gage from Steve Plucker P.O.Box 341 The Dalles,OR 97058. The date is 1979. This is from A magazine I picked up A couple of years ago , I thought Steve would remember it. It was Technical questions to Jerry Wilhelm.
Drive Shaft Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 11:26 PM   #2
Steve Plucker
BANNED

Default Re: Technical Questions To Jerry Wilhelm

Dave,

Ahhhh...I do remember The Dalles, Oregon! Nothing like living on the Columbia River in the most beautiful gorge in the world...The Columbia River Gorge!

Darn, that was a long time ago for sure...I will have to look at the letter to Jerry. Haaa...I wrote him so many times asking questions about this and that, that the USPS made some money from both of us for sure.

I was 29 then and belive it or not kept all those correspondance to Jerry and others who had helped me with the restoration of my September 1929 Standard Coupe.

That was 36 years ago and if some of you remember those days, what was accomplished then when you wanted information on a particular subject, it took weeks to hear back from someone on your technical questions so you could continue the restoration due to snail mail. NOW, it only takes for the most part, a few days, or less, to get an answer to your technical questions due to the internet and websites such as Ford Barn, MAFCA, MARC, ect.

Oh, Can't forget about the Judging Standards as they were called then...I think they were out then...or close to it...Just a few sheets of paper...I think...Anyone?

Thanks for the memories David!

Pluck

Last edited by Steve Plucker; 09-08-2015 at 11:41 PM.
Steve Plucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 11:37 PM   #3
Drive Shaft Dave

Default Re: Technical Questions To Jerry Wilhelm

You are welcome, I have had this Model A News Magazine for several years now and after reading the tech letters , I realised It was you. Your articles in the publications are amazing . My favorite was the one on the 30 31 gas tank, keep up the good work.
Drive Shaft Dave is offline   Reply With Quote