Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-28-2016, 09:37 PM   #181
elwood

Default Re: Harmon Collins Rotors ?????

Dzusfast, I dont need one, but I can truly appreciate the work you have put in this project.
Its guys like you that help to keep our cars running ..
Cheers mate .......
elwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 10:48 PM   #182
DzusFast

Color was chosen since the the material matching original couldn't be replicated without considerably more invetsment and time.... I wanted to use the "Tootsie roll" colored material (What I call it) since testing showed much stronger, more crack and chip resistant properties.

Here is it installed fitting very nicely to the cap above, and the distributor housing below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg centercap.jpg (34.9 KB, 131 views)
DzusFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 11:40 AM   #183
DzusFast

Sorry for taking so long fellas....

I've made a few to send out to the people I'd promised them to, and the couple a people that pm'd me. It's so weird seeing a new one since I'm so used to the "epoxy repaired, safety wired" center caps so I'm getting used to seeing new ones gonna take a bit

I also beefed-up a bit the contact ring to coil wire terminal ( see 2rd attachment) for more trouble free service.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cntrcapFnl.jpg (61.0 KB, 211 views)
File Type: jpg cntrcapFnl_2.jpg (57.4 KB, 193 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2016-08-28-09-39-32.jpg (44.2 KB, 176 views)

Last edited by DzusFast; 09-10-2016 at 12:29 PM.
Old 09-10-2016, 02:41 PM   #184
DzusFast

Oh, and yes it's bakelite, also not sure about mentioning anything about sales Within this forum's rules but I will discount $12 bucks off the ebay price....FYI if anyone wants one.

Last edited by DzusFast; 09-11-2016 at 10:06 AM.
Old 09-20-2016, 11:45 AM   #185
super flat

I received my new center cap from Joe this morning. His work is flawless, It looks great! I could not be happier. Well worth the wait. If you need one pony up, they are worth every penny! Gary
Old 09-25-2016, 03:41 AM   #186
ButchRed33

So good to see this happening, keeping the good ol' stuff alive. Keep on doing it if you possibly can, this helps everybody involved. Thanks. My hat's off to you.
ButchRed33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 07:30 PM   #187
DzusFast

Quote:
Originally Posted by super flat View Post
I received my new center cap from Joe this morning. His work is flawless, It looks great! I could not be happier. Well worth the wait. If you need one pony up, they are worth every penny! Gary
Thanks a lot for the positive feedback guys, if you know anyone in need please let them know - I made 10 more for those in need. So, get um while I got 'em!

Old 10-02-2016, 11:19 PM   #188
Brian King

Hello and new to this thread. Question - I have a "post-type" H&C, model 15.00. I need a rotor. Will these re-pops work on my style?
THANKS
Brian King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 11:38 AM   #189
DzusFast

I've never seen this distributor before, I don't think so :-/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2016-10-03-09-33-08.jpg (9.9 KB, 128 views)
Old 10-07-2016, 02:32 AM   #190
Offy 220

Quote:
Originally Posted by DzusFast View Post
Thanks a lot for the positive feedback guys, if you know anyone in need please let them know - I made 10 more for those in need. So, get um while I got 'em!

Joe, I purchased two rotors from you a few years ago and I have decided to use one of my H&C dual coil ignitions on the 296" I am putting together for my 40 coupe. Please put me on your list for one of the 10 center caps you just made. I tried to send you a PM but your mailbox is full.
Thanks for your time and effort!
Bruce [Offy 220]

Last edited by Offy 220; 10-07-2016 at 02:33 AM. Reason: Spelling correction
Offy 220 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 11:05 AM   #191
DzusFast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian King View Post
Hello and new to this thread. Question - I have a "post-type" H&C, model 15.00. I need a rotor. Will these re-pops work on my style?
THANKS
Hi brian, did I accidently send you a centercap instead of a rotor? I'f so let me know - might be able to modify a solution for that distributor before an exchange

Nevermind I found out who it was. ....hope the rotor works well for you.
Old 01-28-2017, 02:25 PM   #192
JM 35 Sedan

Bumping this one to the top to determine if anyone here knows the best way to contact DzusFast on buying his H-C Rotor and Intermediate Cap? I plan to send him a pm/email through Fordbarn and will send an email to an address that was given on an old post here (edit: email was kicked back as not being a valid address), but is a couple years old. Does anyone have a phone number or an updated email address?

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 01-28-2017 at 02:47 PM.
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 02:50 PM   #193
V8COOPMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan View Post
Bumping this one to the top to determine if anyone here knows the best way to contact DzusFast on buying his H-C Rotor and Intermediate Cap? I plan to send him a pm/email through Fordbarn and will send an email to an address that was given on an old post here (edit: email was kicked back as not being a valid address), but is a couple years old. Does anyone have a phone number or an updated email address?
John M.......Not sure what it means, but DzusFast's info page currently shows the following if you click on his screen name:

Biography Apparently I've lost any privileges to either POST, or SEND/RECEIVE email and un-able to contact anyone here. Sorry if it's an inconveenience to anyone.(I haven't been contacted either)...
DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 03:12 PM   #194
V8COOPMAN

John.......Try this e-mail address: [email protected]

His name is Joe ?.....but he still goes by DzusFast on the HAMB. He has posted over there as late as last September. Click the link below! DD

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/t....841103/page-2

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 03:39 PM   #195
JM 35 Sedan

Thank you DD. I have been trying to find his contact info for a friend needing these H-C parts he's reproducing, but running into roadblocks on all attemps so far.

I had tried this one he gave on an old post, but it failed....."[email protected]". I'll try the one you posted above or try to contact him on the HAMB.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 01-28-2017 at 03:45 PM.
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 07:43 PM   #196
DzusFast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan View Post
Thank you DD. I have been trying to find his contact info for a friend needing these H-C parts he's reproducing, but running into roadblocks on all attemps so far.

I had tried this one he gave on an old post, but it failed....."[email protected]". I'll try the one you posted above or try to contact him on the HAMB.
I enjoyed our conversation JM. Sorry for the difficulty but we got it handled. That "sales AT specific design" was receiving 99.999% spam, and .0001% actual sales so I shut er down

I've been hoping for more interest in my centercap, try and recoop expenses but if anyone would like to get a rotor or the new centercap just replace the "sales@" part of my email with my name (Joe at) and I'll reply

Thanks everyone for supporting me!
Old 05-22-2017, 09:32 AM   #197
DzusFast

Hi all,
I have made a few more centercaps if anyone needs them. There's about 22 available fyi.....PM or email and I'll reply asap thanks for supporting the cause
Old 08-05-2018, 12:21 AM   #198
FLTHDCPE

Would like to hear from anyone that has purchased these reproduction H & C parts and actually installed them on a running Flathead. I have both, ( the Rotor and 2nd coil adapter ring ) on my Engine and would like to hear your comments or evaluation. I have experienced some ignition problems lately and would like rule these two items out.
FLTHDCPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 05:34 AM   #199
DzusFast

Default I got my first returned centercap

Woodie from another forum sent me his defective intermediate (Centercap).

I'm posting pictures and a descriptive explanation to help others understand what to look for, the cause, it's effect, and solution:
The cause is in temperature variations during the manufacturing/mold process. It is 200LBs. of well engineered billet steel and needs preheating prior to injecting very high temp Bakelite and then a waiting process (Cooling down evenly) staring at a stopwatch 10 minutes for each piece before exposing it to ambient air; (My rotors only took 4 minutes!) split the mold too quick and the result is hairline cracks.... too slow and the machine clogs up and have to spend 2 hours re-tooling it and repeat until everything's running smooth, cool down's timed right - kinda like baking a pound cake in a french oven I guess. Anyway, before installing always inspect for cracks please. In Woodie's case, he had a crack from the primary screw hole to 1 of 4 pin holes that support the top ring in position during manufacturing. Because the steel wasn't at the correct temp yet, the outside of the part cooled quicker than the inside leaving 'EXTERNAL VISUAL CRACKS' noticeable in my pictures so please inspect before installing.

NOTE:
I now use JB Weld (Kwick) to insulate the 4 holes from "Leaking" high voltage secondary electricity. For any naysayers, JB-weld does not conduct electricy!!! I use it in building circuits and never have had ANY issues
Attached Images
File Type: jpg InkedInkedbadInterCap_LI.jpg (70.6 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg GoodIntermCap.jpg (70.0 KB, 79 views)
Old 10-03-2018, 08:59 AM   #200
Automotive Stud

I sent a PM, I'm interested in an inner cap and rotor if they are still available. Thanks!
Automotive Stud is offline   Reply With Quote