Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Model-A

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-25-2014, 06:35 PM   #1
jmeckel

Default SOLD Rare Zenith Carb, Aug-Oct 1928-Restored

City: Luck
State: WI

SOLD

This is a rare Zenith single venturi carb. It was made from Aug. through Oct. 1928.
It has the dowel pin boss – flat both sides Aug – Oct 1928, and 3rd brass plug near main bolt July – Oct 1928. And has the word Zenith on the bowl (no -1). This carb was made by Zenith. Information as stated and pictured in the current Model A Restoration Guidelines.
I completely dissemble the carb, glass bead blast it, then clean all of the passage ways by hand. Then the carb is placed in a commercial carb chemical boiler. Once again it is blown out with air and passages cleaned by hand. I paint the outside with special hot fuel proof dope paint. On this particular carb I followed the restoration guidelines for the proper original numbered jets, air adjustment needle and spring cup, idle adjustment screw, venturi, throttle and choke plates, and main bolt. I did install a Gross ball type float valve as they are far better than any others and a new brass type fuel filter. I used all new gasket. The price is $299.00 shipped to the lower 48 states. I accept PayPal, cash, or check however if you pay by check I will not ship the carb until a full 2 weeks AFTER I cash your check to make sure it clears. I normally sell restored carbs on EBay but thought this rare one maybe something Ford Barners may be interested in. Email me with any questions. I have sold a lot of rebuilt carbs and have never had a negative comment or problem with any of them. I spend a lot of time working on these and do my best to make sure each and every little part of the restoration is done right.

Forgot to add my email [email protected]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image00001.jpg (120.2 KB, 135 views)
File Type: jpg Image00002.jpg (104.5 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg Image00003.jpg (113.7 KB, 104 views)
File Type: jpg Image00004.jpg (91.3 KB, 97 views)

"If you choose to not decide, you still have made a choice!" RUSH

Don't tell me what you know..... Tell me what you have done.

Last edited by jmeckel; 02-24-2014 at 09:13 PM. Reason: SOLD
jmeckel is offline   Reply With Quote