Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2011, 12:47 PM   #1
curleeman

Cool Ford Flathead vs small block chevy debate!

I've got a debate for everybody out there that needs some input..I recently read an article in Street Rodder magazine that was debating why people put a regular old small block chevy in their FORD hot rod?? I must say that it sucks that everytime I go to a car show 9 times out if 10 the hot rods all have some combination of the small block chevy.Don't get me wrong, I think the small block 350 is a monumental motor and deservers respect.But my big question is, how come a person will spend thousands and thousands of dollars on their 32 FORD roadster and have a beautiful car only to ruin it by throwing in a regular chevy 350 small block?Why not go the distance and at least put a ford motor in it,to me it's a hybrid at that point, part ford part chevy. I know that budget and availablity of parts dictates what motor someone may use but a ford motor is not that much more than a chevy,especially if your'e already spending the amount of a small house on the vehicle...Or when someone is building a traditional hot rod and they throw in a 80's model chevy motor,doesn't make since to me. There are plenty of old classic motors out there just begging to be brought back to life, Flatheads,Hemis,cadillacs etc...What do yall think about the hot rod community being overrun with chevy small blocks???
curleeman is offline   Reply With Quote