Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-21-2015, 06:19 PM   #21
ford2831

Default Re: Hershey theft

Anyone see any slant windshield window regulators with turquoise green paint on them they were stolen of all places at the MARC Membershipmeet in Joliet il. I was so excited to have found them last year at Hershy my customers always ask for them. Let me know. My Dad use to say " if they can live with it I can live without them" but it still makes me angry. Maybe there glass will break when they use them!! Thanks v
ford2831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 11:33 PM   #22
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-A View Post
I will not drive and leave either one of my A's parked and unattended. For any length time in an unfamilliar area. I hate to think what would happen to the person I catch trying to steal something off of a car of mine! I'd probably be the one who went to jail..........

Bob-A
You jail, him hospital!
Old 11-21-2015, 11:37 PM   #23
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise_24 View Post
Is it legal to buy a title from someone or used for shady purposes hence the reason Ford Barn does not allow such advertisements for them?
They are legal to buy but not legal to use.

You can have a collection of titles for display but here in the US it is illegal to use them for any vehicle.
Old 11-22-2015, 11:41 AM   #24
leo

Nothing is going on with our hobby. It's going on with our society which seems to be losing more and more of it's moral compass with each passing day. Sure we've always had thieves and evildoers among us but their brazenness seems to be increasing. Then again what would be the punishment for stealing 200 Model A titles? First offense, probably a suspended sentence so there is no fear of retribution. Yes, we've come a long way in the last 50 or so years but not always for the best.......
leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 02:59 PM   #25
hardtimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbird View Post
Has anyone thought about setting up a camera around or near your car. It would be great to catch the sob that day.
Hey Redbird,
Many such cameras record such actions/behavior all the time. Your suggestion is noteworthy , in that it is proven true daily. And, such cameras are easily available, but cost time/money. Whether it cost/purchase/use is reasonable is up to an individual. Sorry situation that IT has come to this.
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 05:09 PM   #26
redmodelt

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Some act like all this is something new, IT IS NOT! This S**T has been going on forever.
redmodelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 11:35 AM   #27
burner31

Been seeing some titles popping up on Ebay, don't know if these are connected.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l1600 (3).jpg (35.3 KB, 217 views)
File Type: jpg s-l1600 (4).jpg (23.3 KB, 175 views)
burner31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 11:42 AM   #28
Mitch//pa
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by burner31 View Post
Been seeing some titles popping up on Ebay, don't know if these are connected.
i saw those along with a huge list of old titles on the baltimore city craigs list.. none of them were connected to the theft... i have been in contact with the person that had them stolen, he thanks everyone for the continued look out.
Mitch//pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 11:57 AM   #29
Mikeinnj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch//pa View Post
i saw those along with a huge list of old titles on the baltimore city craigs list.. none of them were connected to the theft... i have been in contact with the person that had them stolen, he thanks everyone for the continued look out.
How can anyone "be on the lookout" if the victim does not publish a list of VIN numbers for folks to look for.? I believe he said he has a list of the numbers.
Mikeinnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 09:56 PM   #30
ronn

Those are not titles. They are expired license plate registrations.

By the way in most states:
1. Illegal to possess an open title
2. Illegal to sell a title

they actually are Maryland titles, not sure what you are looking at..........
the illegal part is completely incorrect.................

I guess we all have opinions.........
ronn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 12:04 AM   #31
Henry's Lady's Man

I figure if a person steals a dollar, he has sold his honor and integrity for that amount. That's all he/she is worth. Obviously, some folk aren't worth a buck. -Chuck
Old 12-02-2015, 08:25 AM   #32
ronn

forever,

was looking at the Maryland titles for sale

several states use registrations, which are still regarded as titles.................

pre 73 NY regs are titles and show ownership-even if expired

other reg states are VT, NH, GA, CT, etc. years ago, many more states only used regs for proof of ownership.

though they are registrations, they are transferable and show ownership
hence title and registration are clear as mud, on a state by state basis.
ronn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 10:18 AM   #33
BlueSunoco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry's Lady's Man View Post
I figure if a person steals a dollar, he has sold his honor and integrity for that amount. That's all he/she is worth. Obviously, some folk aren't worth a buck. -Chuck
Good point Chuck. One Christmas pre-season day I was at Walmart when the lady at the check out counter said 'Is that your money on the floor beside your foot?' I hadn't even noticed it. I looked down and picked up a wad of cash, looked to be twenty dollar bills, a lot of them. and instinctively I said 'no ma'am' and handed it over to her. My first instinct was that somebody was buying toys for his kids and needed that money and would be back looking for it. I didn't give it a second thought. It wasn't mine. Hopefully she did the honest thing and turned it in I'll never know.

Not being 'street smart' I'm no good at cheating people I guess Being honest will have to pay off somehow sometime in the future. Once an Eagle Scout always an Eagle Scout!!
BlueSunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 09:48 PM   #34
Indiana A. Lover

Send a message via Yahoo to Indiana A. Lover
Thumbs up Re: Hershey theft

Blue Sunoco Bless you for being a straight shooter. In turning that money you get a place in the drag strip in the sky. You did good glad to know you!!!!!!
Indiana A. Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 03:44 PM   #35
BlueSunoco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana A. Lover View Post
Blue Sunoco Bless you for being a straight shooter. In turning that money you get a place in the drag strip in the sky. You did good glad to know you!!!!!!
Thanks. People have told me I was stupid to do what I did, but my first instinct was to turn it back in. Never knew just how much cash there was but it was a big bundle

And when I get to that big drag strip in the sky hope I get a 425HP 427 '67 Fairlane always kinda liked them! I'll probably draw a '29 Model A Fordor to race in!!
BlueSunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 07:03 PM   #36
Synchro909

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSunoco View Post
Thanks. People have told me I was stupid to do what I did, but my first instinct was to turn it back in. Never knew just how much cash there was but it was a big bundle

And when I get to that big drag strip in the sky hope I get a 425HP 427 '67 Fairlane always kinda liked them! I'll probably draw a '29 Model A Fordor to race in!!
I was taught and I taught my children that if they weren't sure what was the right thing to do, just imagine your father was standing behind you,, watching.
Old 12-03-2015, 11:29 PM   #37
jeep44

I once found a pay packet full of cash, and a paycheck stub on the floor in a K-Mart store. I took it to the back where the offices were, and a store detective was holding a shoplifter there. He pointed to me and said "Look at this guy-he's honest, not a THIEF like you". LOL!
jeep44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 12:00 PM   #38
Roger V

Quote:
If do get it, you'd beat me as mine is only a 390 S code '67 Fairlane GTA! But then mine is down here
Roger V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 12:09 PM   #39
Roger V

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronn View Post
pre 73 NY regs are titles and show ownership-even if expired

other reg states are VT, NH, GA, CT, etc. years ago, many more states only used regs for proof of ownership.

though they are registrations, they are transferable and show ownership
hence title and registration are clear as mud, on a state by state basis.
Dealt with that several years ago when I took a NY registration into the Michigan Secretary of State's office to get a Michigan title. When the clerk refused I asked her to look up New York's info in that registrations were titles prior to 1973. She was surprised and I got my Michigan title. A sidebar to that transaction was that Michigan only has/had for titles a 2 door, a 4 door and a stationwagon not getting into trucks. That NY registration for a 1931 roadster actually came back on my Michigan title as a roadster. Nobody believed it until I showed it to them.
Roger V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 12:23 PM   #40
TonyM

Quote:
Good point Chuck. One Christmas pre-season day I was at Walmart when the lady at the check out counter said 'Is that your money on the floor beside your foot?' I hadn't even noticed it. I looked down and picked up a wad of cash, looked to be twenty dollar bills, a lot of them. and instinctively I said 'no ma'am' and handed it over to her.
I have found a lot of money laying on the ground over the years. Hundreds and hundreds of dollars--not all at once, some small amounts, some good amounts. In the several years since 2008, I have found nearly $700. There was no way to determine the owner, so I kept it.
TonyM is offline   Reply With Quote