Go Back   The Ford Barn > To The Editors > Questions & Suggestions

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-14-2019, 08:34 AM   #1
Cliffs55

Default Kong heads

I,m new to this so please bear with me. I bought a built engine on eBay a few years ago.This engine had many goodies (Kong Jackson heads with original build sheet).Just recently decided to go thru it because of oil fouling on one plug.Found it had been over bored on #4 cylinder. I rebored if from 3-5/16 to 3-11/32. I’m in final assembly & checking head clearance because of a cam swap(KIWICAM),with no gasket I have .070 clearance with would give me.120 with gasket.I know this is way too much.My question is were these heads possibly for a blower? The gasket that was originally used was only.020 almost like a shim & were leaking.I hate to shave these very nice rare heads,I’m considering selling them & getting a new set.———-Any suggestions? Thanks
Cliffs55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 08:54 AM   #2
Charlie Stephens

Default Re: Kong heads

Welcome Cliff. You posted in a section that is intended for questions "To The Editors" about the site. You would probably have better luck posting here: https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4. This site deals mostly with stockers so you might also try posting here: https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...ssage-board.5/

Charlie Stephens
Charlie Stephens is offline   Reply With Quote