Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-13-2019, 08:29 AM   #1
rockfla

Default Have some fun, Throwback Thursdays

Lets see IF this is fun or has any interest. I was hoping to get my dad's photo album and start with "old" picks of cars that came and went, ones that got away, ones that never were, interesting stories etc etc BUT haven't done that yet BUT will start with this one that popped up last week or so, kind of a local "back in the day" out at Jacksonville beach, looks to be south of the pier say around 10th street south or so.....Shore patrol from Mayport NS on duty it looks like, working hard!!!! AND a really sweet 37ish??? Panel working hard in Atlanta for the radio station WSB. Next week I'll post a more "personal" picture and story!!! Anyone else???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1941WoodyJaxBch.jpg (20.1 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg photos.medleyphoto.4746308.jpg (47.4 KB, 100 views)
rockfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 05:32 PM   #2
A bones

Default Re: Have some fun, Throwback Thursdays

If you like old pics, ask google to pull up "Vintage shots from days gone by". This will take you to a thread on the H.A.M.B. that was started in 2009. Currently there are over 6,600 pages. Photos range from the Horseless Carriage era up to 1965. It is very interesting and really, a challenge to to keep up with. I have it bookmarked and can't keep up with the entries. I can not think of any archive that could hold a candle to it.
Old 06-14-2019, 08:55 AM   #3
RalphG

This is one of my oldest vintage shots from the family album that actuallyl features a Ford. Great uncle Jack had this Model T coupe. I don't recall whatever became of it but it is long gone.
Picture from the 1930s.
Edit: my dad used to tell the story of how Jack was driving the Model T and at one point the steering wheel came right off the shaft while driving. I guess it must have been at low speeds as there was no collision resulting.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jack Model T.jpg (63.1 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by RalphG; 06-14-2019 at 01:32 PM.
RalphG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 09:15 AM   #4
rockfla

Thanks RalphG, that is more of the "vein" of pictures I was maybe hoping to have everyone enjoy and the stories behind them. As I said (and I guess I should have waited to do it) but my dads photo album is full of pictures of V8's with "stories" like a 39 coupe in a junk yard that they actually got running right were it sat!!! Stuff like that, not "really" so much what I posted above other than the 41 woody picture has some sentimental meaning as it is a V8 Ford, two-I used to surf right at that spot so I know right where it was taken. @ABones yes I understand that aspect of what you are saying!!!
rockfla is offline   Reply With Quote