Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-23-2019, 08:45 PM   #1
29&47Ford

Default Request for help with 28/28 Pickup

Hello:

I am looking for someone who owns a 28/29 Closed Cab Pickup (within 75- 100 miles of Washington, DC), that would be willing to let me take some measurements and photographs to help me with my restoration. I specifically need to get some measurements, photos, and sketches of the cab corners/back (inside and out), to help me with fabricating some new tin. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much. Gregg
29&47Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 09:01 PM   #2
denis4x4

Default Re: Request for help with 28/28 Pickup

You can buy brand new 28-29 cab corners. Try Steve Becker at Bert’s Model A for measurements. His number is 800-321-1931. Closed Mondays. The ‘29 CCPU in my avatar has new cab corners that were extended 6-1/2”.
Old 06-24-2019, 02:48 AM   #3
29&47Ford

Thank you Denis4x4. I am 6’6”” tall and am making specific modifications to the corners that will work for me. I looked at both standard and extended pre-made corners and I can’t modify either to what I need. Easier to just make them myself. Thanks for reaching out - Nice truck got there! Gregg

denis4x4;1770715]You can buy brand new 28-29 cab corners. Try Steve Becker at Bert’s Model A for measurements. His number is 800-321-1931. Closed Mondays. The ‘29 CCPU in my avatar has new cab corners that were extended 6-1/2”.
29&47Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 04:48 PM   #4
nick c

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
I'm restoring a 29 AA cab, the same as yours, I made my own cab corners and made them 6" longer, for 3 reasons, I would like more space for leg room, adjustable seat, and a tool box and stuff like a jack and more. You wont need the 3 wood slats for the seat back, I took the seat out of a mid to late 80's f150 and cut 18" out of the center. I sheared, broke and welded 14 ga. c r steel for new corners, it turned out nice and they look good, the corner are plug welded. If you use 14 ga. c r steel, you will thank me for don't using thin metal. I extended the roof bows with oak and replaced the floor with 14 ga. c r steel. I don't have a blue print because I used the stock corners as a template to trace out the radius and dimensions, it was easy. I guess you know that you must remove the back of cab first then the corner will come off. I'm in fl. but if you interested send me a pm with email address and I will take pic's in side and out.
carry on nick c
nick c is offline   Reply With Quote