Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-12-2012, 06:32 AM   #21
Vic Piano

Default Re: Would you buy a car or truck without a title?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRA View Post
Anyone have experience with Florida? I plan to register a 34 Ford. Vin# is clear on frame rail and I had a body tag made that matches the vin. Was bought as a body and frame with a bill of sale. Car is not complete but I want to get plates and a title for it.

The Florida DMV wants to verify the VIN# on the vehicle so, you either have to bring the car/frame to a DMV location or have a DMV representative/Police Officer come to your location and verify the VIN# before you can get a title and/or register the vehicle. That has been my experience with Florida DMV. Vic
Old 06-12-2012, 06:56 AM   #22
31chevy

Default Re: Would you buy a car or truck without a title?

The problem I had was the pickup was given to me from a friend who had this pickup since 1956 & had the title signed over to me (called pink slip in Ca.) & the DMV wanted me to pay sales tax & would not register it unless I placed a value on it. I thought this was unfair as no money had changed hands. By now people were lined up behind me & overheard the conversation some of them were hollering $10.00 in my defense, I tried to tell the lady that it was a disaster & I honestly did not know it's value, I said $100.00 & was able to get it registered. (p.s. the friend who gave me this will be here with his wife to visit us & see the restored 34 pickup in August.) We have remained friends since we were drafted into the Army in 1956.
Gary.
31chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)