Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-25-2017, 09:43 AM   #1
wingski

Default rear window on cabriolet

I put the top up last night and had trouble getting it far enough forward to get the pins into the holes. So, I unzipped the rear window and was able to line up the pins. I attached the rear window to the underside of the top using the snaps that were there. I love that look when that whole rear area is open. I didn’t even know that Ford made a model A convertible until about two months ago and now I have one, so I’m learning about this car every day. Wow, what a hoot! My question is can that top be lowered with the rear window in that up position?
wingski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 10:35 AM   #2
asapguy

Default Re: rear window on cabriolet

I have had my 68C Cabriolet for 16 yrs. & put the top down many times. I have never put it down unless the rear window is zipped in place & fastened down. When the top is up I normally open up the rear window area & snap it up inside for better visibility when driving.
asapguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 10:53 AM   #3
Tom Wesenberg

It's best to store any folding top in the up position, as the material can shrink a bit and make it hard to put up later if it was stored in the down position for a long time. I never even put my 28 Phaeton top down, because I don't like the hot sun shining on me.
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 11:15 AM   #4
larrys40

Quote:
Originally Posted by asapguy View Post
I have had my 68C Cabriolet for 16 yrs. & put the top down many times. I have never put it down unless the rear window is zipped in place & fastened down. When the top is up I normally open up the rear window area & snap it up inside for better visibility when driving.
Nice looking 68C. I have one to restore and every time I see another one I probably start to drewel a little.
Enjoy it!
Larry
larrys40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 03:45 PM   #5
CHuDWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by asapguy View Post

Are zippers authentic? Not criticizing but the reason I ask is we put a LeBaron-Bonney top on our Sport Coupe. It also has a rear window panel that snaps up inside. However, it has flaps on the sides that fit into pockets on the top when the panel is closed. Zippers would be better but L-B said the flaps are correct. Maybe Cabriolet is different?
CHuDWah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 04:01 PM   #6
DJ S

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHuDWah View Post

Are zippers authentic? Not criticizing but the reason I ask is we put a LeBaron-Bonney top on our Sport Coupe. It also has a rear window panel that snaps up inside. However, it has flaps on the sides that fit into pockets on the top when the panel is closed. Zippers would be better but L-B said the flaps are correct. Maybe Cabriolet is different?
My grandfather's 68C has zippers as well as snaps.
DJ S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 06:14 PM   #7
BILL WILLIAMSON

TRIVIA: A Friend put his new Roadster top on SO tight, when he finally got the top on the windshield pins, he couldn't OPEN the doors!
Never heard HOW he corrected it????
Bill W.