Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-16-2012, 11:08 PM   #1
Jim Parker Toronto

Default Thanks Oshkosh!

I would like to say a special thanks for all the members who put on the show. They did a spectacular job. Thank you all! Jim Parker

BTW, I accumulated 1594 miles round trip and around town. 16 hour drive home and my A is stiff! (693 miles in 1 day)
Jim Parker Toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:27 AM   #2
[email protected]

Default Re: Thanks Oshkosh!

Jim,
So glad you had a great safe trip. Your car looked like it could handle it with no problems.... It was great to meet you in person.... I also met several other FB members during the events, so Don, WI thank you again for the FB pins for us FB members to wear.

I would also like to thank the Nickle A's team as it was truly A great National Meet!

Dave

Last edited by [email protected]; 06-17-2012 at 06:28 AM. Reason: type
modela@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:00 AM   #3
Aerocraft

I felt that the mix of airplanes and cars made for a terrific location. We used the camp site and found it to be first class.

The truck is not mine. A member drove up to visit and I asked if he would park the truck as you see it. It makes for a much better picture than my Ranger P/U. Please advise if you know who owns the truck. The camper is a 1935 Bowlus. Gar Williams
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1060931.jpg (77.6 KB, 68 views)
Aerocraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:01 AM   #4
dean from bozeman

I, also, appreciate all that the Nickel A's did to put together a fine national meet. I particularly liked the way they had an ample number of swap spaces and even had a meal of appreciation for the swap vendors.

Besides seeing friends, I enjoy "the smell of grease and rust" in the swap area. In addition to exchanging parts, tons of learning takes place there as folks can explain the difference between parts, discuss how a part works, or find out how to return a part to its original condition.

Vendors seem to bring out their best available parts at a national swap meet. Where else can you buy a Dave Cella rebuilt carburetor or an NOS '30-31 hood that is still in the Ford crate?

I tend to judge a national meet on the swap meet area. With that in mind, the folks in Oshkosh seemed to understand that importance and did a wonderful job facilitating swapping. With new parts, ideas and learned techniques the swap area is one where Model A dreams can be born.

Thanks Nickel A's.

Dean
dean from bozeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:12 PM   #5
Helen Ehrenhofer

I agree. The Nickel A Region held a FANTASTIC meet! We all had a great time!
My husband Ken really enjoyed it! The two A's he helped restore...the 1929 Boyer Fire Truck by Joe Schutz, and the 1930 Phaeton by John and Marilyn Krenger...both got done and both got MARC of Excellence awards in fine point. Ken is on his way to Marquette to show them there this week. When he gets back he will have to tell you about his airplane ride on Thursday, when we sent him up in a Cessna to take some aerial shots of all of the Model A's in the field getting ready to leave on the grand tour. He didn't drop my camera and he got about 60 aerial shots of the As that are great! Congrats to Nickle A....a great meet. Weather was great! We had 19 A's that ended up getting judged in fine point and 40 in touring class. Complete coverage of the meet will be in the July August issue of the Model A News.
Helen Ehrenhofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 01:07 PM   #6
Gary Karr

Thank you Nickel Region for all of your efforts in putting on a successful meet. As a director of the Pacific A's Region that put on the San Diego National MARC Meet last year, I know what you all went through! I had a great time, especially catching up with old friends and meeting new. It's the people in this hobby that make it all worth it. Hope to see you all soon down the road.
Gary Karr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 01:29 PM   #7
msmaron

Send a message via AIM to msmaron

As Gary says: "It's the people in this hobby that make it all worth it. Hope to see you all soon down the road."
Great time was had by all, loved it and never got enough sleep BUT that was half the fun, going going going all the time! This was super meet and congrats to the Nickle A's
National Facebook Admin.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MARC.group/

A7191-Sport Coupe
29 Roadster
29-Town Sedan
29-Original Special Coupe
msmaron is offline   Reply With Quote