Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-06-2013, 09:39 PM   #1
Rainmaker Ron

Default Rainmaker Remedy lamp doors

Tapelight

More than twenty years ago I discovered the trick to use a small piece of masking tape to mark the position of the headlamp doors before removing them. (see photo) This makes it easy to align the latch when reinstalling the lamp doors. The first 4 or 5 years I marked RH on the right and LH on the left. On day I woke up and started marking only the right or left. Duh! Would you believe that just the other day when I had the headlights apart it dawned on me that placing the tape off center, like to the right on the right and to the left on the left would work without the need to mark which hand! Who says we never learn? I’ve heard it said that we learn something every day. The thing that always amazes me is that it takes so long sometimes to see that which is right in front of me. How many of you have pried off old hoses that were glued in place only to throw them in the trash and install new hoses? If they are to be replaced, why not slice them off with a razor knife? Same with fighting the collar off a distributor shaft so the shaft and bushing can be replaced…Saw it off and pitch it!

Rainmaker Ron
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCP_5290.JPG (58.9 KB, 94 views)
Rainmaker Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:08 PM   #2
Roger V

Default Re: Rainmaker Remedy lamp doors

'nother great idea I never thought of. You definitely need to write that book we talked about!
Roger V is offline   Reply With Quote