Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-05-2016, 09:32 PM   #1
Jim Mason

Default hershey

So what did you find at hershey? and how much would I have to pay to buy that early brake light switch you found?
Old 10-08-2016, 10:13 PM   #2
Jim Mason

Default Re: hershey

So what did yall find?
Old 10-08-2016, 10:22 PM   #3
aonemarine

Edelbrock v8-60 intake with stromburg 81 bases attached and a rebuilt 81 stromburg
saw alot of other stuff I would loved to have.....maybe after I hit the lottery...
aonemarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 01:28 AM   #4
C26Pinelake
BANNED

Location: Michigan / Ontario border, Sarnia, Ontario. 50 miles from Detroit and 150 from Toronto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aonemarine View Post
Edelbrock v8-60 intake with stromburg 81 bases attached and a rebuilt 81 stromburg
saw alot of other stuff I would loved to have.....maybe after I hit the lottery...
What about Model A Ford parts?
C26Pinelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 06:29 AM   #5
Ray in La Mesa

Walked around tuesday and saw a pair of 19" KH adjustable spoke wheels for $150 each OBO but didn't buy them, went back later, of course they were gone. Got a fluted headlight lens for $4 and 68B cabriolet landau iron (that had NO wear in the hinge) for $100. Perfect weather but started to rain sat as we were leaving. Guess the car show got rained on.
Ray in La Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 08:24 AM   #6
brum1

model a screw drivers,(getting hard to find elsewhere); butler finish e-brake and shift levers
Old 10-09-2016, 08:38 AM   #7
32forddump

Model B engine
Volvo Overdrive mounted in a Model A torque tube and rear end.
4 - 16 inch x 4 1/2 rims
Old 10-09-2016, 08:43 AM   #8
Kurt in NJ

I wasn't looking for a early kind, but the place I bought the 31 original mfg almost nos switch for 5$ had some others
I found a NOS water inlet for the special late 31 police/bus generator--at well under the price for a new repro regular one

I just opened up the 36 open car radio I got, it is missing 2 tubes, but the inside otherwise looks "new" and has not been molested----I have been looking in the corners of the "antique" dealers booths instead of just walking by, sometimes vthe car parts they don't know what they are are cheap---got a whole with all original connectors radio for 1/2 the price of a control head

and to go with the radio I found a old time radio tester that plugs in place of the tube(the type of tubes in the 36 radio---and the 1934 seeburg jukebox I have--then the tube plugs into the tester to check voltages and amps in circuit

at the tool place near the bridge I was getting some Packard tools and saw the purchase of a model A tool kit, I saw an original tool pouch sold for 40$, screwdriver in good shape 20$

at first I was having trouble finding spark and throttle rods --good ones--for my brother---last year I didn't find any in any condition---yes, they were probably there, this year there were at leasat 4 sets to choose from along with some bad ones and overpriced ones
Kurt in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 09:25 AM   #9
Midwest Tin

NOS 30/31 Coupe rear fender and other small items in mint condition. Jim
Midwest Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 09:27 AM   #10
WTSHNN

My buddy found an original accessory 3 door hood for a 30/31. Was in great shape with all the pieces. Paid less than rootlieb gets for their repro ones.

Same guy found an NOS spare tire bracket for use with a Kari-keen trunk, paid $20 bucks for that.

Lots of Hubleys this year for $20-30.

Plenty of Model A parts around for reasonable prices.

I picked up a radiator from Bergs as mine went bad coming home from the old car fest a month ago. Time for a winter project...

-Tim
Old 10-09-2016, 09:29 AM   #11
JtownJoe

I picked up a set of rear cast iron drums with exchange for my old hubs, sort of expensive but, no shipping costs evens it out.
Only my second time at Hershey and I only had a few hours to spend there, my main complaint would be the lack of better marking or identification of the areas, seems like chaos if your not real familiar with Hershey and only interested in a certain spectrum of vehicles or parts.
JtownJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 01:02 PM   #12
29spcoupe

Picked up a high compression head, new front and rear spring gators, spare tire lock. Great year for selling and buying.
29spcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 01:08 PM   #13
Tim Ayers

Original '28 commercial shell in great shape and complete for less than a Brookville repop.
Tim Ayers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 01:31 PM   #14
Gary Karr

Pictured below is what I found at Hershey this year. I was jazzed to find the box of NOS radiator hoses, a set of NOS 28/28 hub caps, an early-28 wide bezel speedometer in kilometers, plus a bunch of valve stems and related hardware. I fit it all in my suitcase so I didn't have to ship anything this year. I had a ball, as always, seeing Model A buddies as well as meeting new.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2541.jpg (68.0 KB, 117 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2546.jpg (66.0 KB, 104 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2543.jpg (84.8 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2544.jpg (90.4 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2545.jpg (92.4 KB, 108 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2547.jpg (83.0 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2542.jpg (82.2 KB, 83 views)
Gary Karr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 04:53 PM   #15
Terry, NJ

I must be wearing an invisible sign on my forehead that says "Here come stupid" I never saw the Hubley's for $20-30. The Hubley Town Sedan I looked at was $80, needless to say, I left it there. And that's the way it went for much of the show. Lotsa walking and talking, but no buying (for me). I did get a couple of "B" carbs, one the old style and one new style for $10 and $ 25. Pretty much complete and no broken flanges. I paid too much for a new Vintique Motometer. I left with kind of a bad taste in my mouth. I don't know what I'll do next year. I love the show, the anticipation and hubris. And It's not a bad drive. We'll see!
Terry
Terry, NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 05:32 PM   #16
WTSHNN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry, NJ View Post
I never saw the Hubley's for $20-30. The Hubley Town Sedan I looked at was $80
Terry
My friend was on a mission to buy one of each this year. We ended up buying seven of them; I think. Most we paid was $35 for a station wagon Friday afternoon in the green field. I grabbed a roadster pickup from the same guy for $30.

We did encounter one vendor in the chocolate field on Thursday who had a bunch of empty Hubley boxes and he stated he sold all his complete kits to a guy "a few rows away" for $40 a box. So we walked over to that guy and he wanted $80 a kit, complete with "I got more than that in them" line of BS. So we rolled our eyes and told him good luck.

-Tim
Old 10-09-2016, 07:38 PM   #17
Terry, NJ

As I said, I missed the $20-30 examples! However, we must have run into the same guy who had the $80 Version. I just looked him and quietly put the box (yes it was an unassembled kit) down and walked away. Experience has taught me that it's useless to try to convince them of anything (Like, You're out of freaking mind!) Just put the item down and walk away. I always marvel at the way amateurs like to delude themselves as to the value and the demand for a give item. Like the Distributor I also didn't buy. Then the guy tries to tell you just how Rare, unique, strange, whatever, his particular item is and why it's worth humiliating yourself paying 5X (Or more) what you'd pay anywhere else. Or they fall back on the old story "That's what I get for them!" From who? Am I supposed to believe I'm just one in a long line of customers and if I don't snap this treasure up, someone else will? Keep your overpriced scheisse. I know what I can do! I can do without!
As long as I'm ranting, I'll add another pet peeve to it! Guys who won't put their prices on things. This is usually for one of two reasons, One , He is just too lazy. Two. And this is the most annoying, He is actually a two (or three) price organization and thinks that someone will come along whose so dumb that when he asks the price, he can double what he would have asked and get it. so when I come to a table with no marked prices, I usually just keep moveing along. Who needs the BS about Rare, Unique, excellent condition Blah, Blah, Blah!
Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTSHNN View Post
My friend was on a mission to buy one of each this year. We ended up buying seven of them; I think. Most we paid was $35 for a station wagon Friday afternoon in the green field. I grabbed a roadster pickup from the same guy for $30.

We did encounter one vendor in the chocolate field on Thursday who had a bunch of empty Hubley boxes and he stated he sold all his complete kits to a guy "a few rows away" for $40 a box. So we walked over to that guy and he wanted $80 a kit, complete with "I got more than that in them" line of BS. So we rolled our eyes and told him good luck.

-Tim
Terry, NJ is offline   Reply With Quote