Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Archives > Model-T

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #1

Default '27 model T fan with '12 brass radiator

I would like to know the best way to mount a fan and pully on my speedster. It has a '27 motor and I am using a '12 radiator. Which fan support will work best for that setup. I found out that the '27 water inlet with fan pully on the head does not work witha that small radiatior. Will the 12 fan mount fit the '27 block? Thanks, Robert

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #2

Default Re: '27 model T fan with '12 brass radiator

You will have to put a fan and bracket anny. for a brass radiator. '15 or '16 and older Model T. Wolf !!

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #3

If your 27 engine block has the correct front plate, there is no boss to mount the earlier fan. So you may have to get an earlier front plate, the early fan arm bolts to the boss on the early front plates. The later 26-27 front plates deleted this boss as the fan went to the bracket on the water outlet..Dan

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #4

You'll need a 1919-1925 front plate (the piece that the timer or distributor goes on). This "plate' is used with a generator.

Be sure and use a timer centering tool to make sute the "plate" is centered on the cam shaft. They're in serveral 'T' catalogs for $10.00-15.OO. You should also use an early water outlet, the short one, at the head. Good luck with your speedster, Vic