Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-13-2013, 08:43 AM   #1
wrndln

Default Photobucket question

I have been using Photobucket to upload pictures to use on Fordbarn. Photobucket has "improved??" itself recently. After the "upgrade" to Photobucket it seemed to work much the same way as it used to until today. However, today I tried to upload a couple of pictures, which worked, but aren't in the library (I have one large library). Has anyone that uses Photobucket had this problem? Before, when I uploaded pictures, they would show up in the library automatically after I uploaded the pictures where I could then copy the IMG link(s) to Fordbarn. Thanks for any information about this problem.
Rusty Nelson
wrndln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:57 AM   #2
MikeK

Default Re: Photobucket question

Yup. "new and improved" Photobucket now sux. They improved how to deliver advertising (during an upload!) and the whole system is now dog slow (no offence to Buster T.). If I upload photos one at a time and immediately name them followed by clicking on the upload thumbnail, they go to my album which no longer displays the direct links. I guess they are trying to limit server bandwidth. I'm looking for a new photo host site that looks/works like the OLD photobucket. Their new server is so slow my DSL provider's connection sometimes times out and disconnects, delivering an error message. If you want a new photobucket horror story, talk to Tom W.
MikeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:22 AM   #3
Dennis Pereira

I feel your pain Rusty the new photo bucket is hard to use . I can't change the image size to get away from clickable thumbnails and the whole thing is confusing to me lol .
Old 04-13-2013, 11:48 AM   #4
CarlG

Photos uploaded via photobucket do not show up on my comuter at work, only at home. Photos that are uploaded via FB always show up.
Model A Restorers Club
Antique Automobile Club of America
Mullins Owner's Club
CarlG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:07 PM   #5
29ModelA

I have been with Photobucket since the beginning, every update has made it harder to use. I wish I did not have so many photo's on there, I would change. I am still looking though - I tend to link a lot from FB now, but it is harder.

Interior, steering box (rebuild), and I am sure much more!
29ModelA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:10 PM   #6
Mitch//pa
BANNED

On photo-bucket click the blog link on the bottom of the home page. It gives some tutorial on how to navigate with the new upgrades
Mitch//pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:58 PM   #7
Tom Wesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
Yup. "new and improved" Photobucket now sux. They improved how to deliver advertising (during an upload!) and the whole system is now dog slow (no offence to Buster T.). If I upload photos one at a time and immediately name them followed by clicking on the upload thumbnail, they go to my album which no longer displays the direct links. I guess they are trying to limit server bandwidth. I'm looking for a new photo host site that looks/works like the OLD photobucket. Their new server is so slow my DSL provider's connection sometimes times out and disconnects, delivering an error message. If you want a new photobucket horror story, talk to Tom W.
Photobucket told me I had to change from IE7 to IE8 if I wanted to continue using the new Photobucket. I don't like IE8 and don't want to change. Too bad that I have 1,600 photos in PB that I can no longer access.

Now a couple weeks ago Hotmail also changed, and of course it's now harder to use. What's wrong with these boneheads that can't understand when something works well and people like it, you don't change it.
Can you say "Coka Cola"
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:05 PM   #8
MikeK

Classic "If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is!"
MikeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:45 PM   #9
29ModelA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Wesenberg View Post
Photobucket told me I had to change from IE7 to IE8 if I wanted to continue using the new Photobucket. I don't like IE8 and don't want to change. Too bad that I have 1,600 photos in PB that I can no longer access.

Now a couple weeks ago Hotmail also changed, and of course it's now harder to use. What's wrong with these boneheads that can't understand when something works well and people like it, you don't change it.
Can you say "Coka Cola"
"New Coke"

"Crystal Clear Pepsi"

Interior, steering box (rebuild), and I am sure much more!
29ModelA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:56 PM   #10
pooch

Quote:

Can you say "Coka Cola"
Load firefox, PB works quite OK.

Every change a site makes is a bit of drama at first but after a few days, you wonder what the old one ever looked like.
pooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:37 AM   #11
Purdy Swoft

I've had some of the same problems as others with photobucket . The first picture would come up and I could go no farther. It use to have albums at the top of the page. I could left click albums and go from there, that option was removed. It now has Library at the right upper page. I left clicked library and I could then navigate my pictures. I posted one yesterday, it is slow and i'm not very swoft with computer stuff. I have picture albums on Blue Melon and it works better for me than Photobucket ever did. The problem was that a lot of my favorite pictures were on photobucket and I couldn't post them.
Purdy Swoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:04 AM   #12
Dennis Pereira

I tried photoflop again its to much trouble . Its easy to upload from photos stored on my computer this was a test .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4950.JPG (218.8 KB, 24 views)
Old 04-14-2013, 11:53 AM   #13
Tom Wesenberg

I never heard of Blue Melon before. I'll have to check it out.
It would be nice if I could transfer my pictures out of Photobucket to a better host.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:47 PM   #14
Purdy Swoft

Quote:
I never heard of Blue Melon before. I'll have to check it out.
It would be nice if I could transfer my pictures out of Photobucket to a better host.
Deb says that she can't transfer pictures from photobucket. She has pictures stored on the computor and transfers them to Photobucket or preferably Blue Melon. She first transfers pictures from her scanner or her camera to our computer and then from there to Blue Melon, where I can then post them whereever. It is a sort of slow process transferring pictures from the computor to Blue Melon because we usually transfer several at the time. Good luck, its getting to where I can post pics from Photobucket again if I cuss and worry with it enough.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:07 PM   #15
Fred K-OR

Rusty, why don't you just use the "Attach Files" in the options at the bottom of the page on FB or in the "Advanced Options"? It works great and you don't need to mess with PB.
Fred K-OR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:13 PM   #16
Purdy Swoft

Thanks Fred, I'm not very computer smart. I'll check it out.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:30 PM   #17
Tom Wesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred K-OR View Post
Rusty, why don't you just use the "Attach Files" in the options at the bottom of the page on FB or in the "Advanced Options"? It works great and you don't need to mess with PB.
That's what I've been doing since PB messed up. The nice thing about PB (before they messed up) was that I could post the full size photo, instead of having to click on the smaller one then having to wait for it to enlarge.

The fewer clicks to get the job done, the better!!!!
Old 04-14-2013, 05:11 PM   #18
wrndln

Thanks for the tip Fred. I will try the Fordbarn attach method next time I need to post a picture. It does look easier. I never noticed the "attach" option before. I guess I should look a little closer. I wonder if it has always been there or added more recently.
Rusty Nelson
wrndln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:04 PM   #19
Fred K-OR

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrndln View Post
Thanks for the tip Fred. I will try the Fordbarn attach method next time I need to post a picture. It does look easier. I never noticed the "attach" option before. I guess I should look a little closer. I wonder if it has always been there or added more recently.
Rusty Nelson

If I remember correctly, it has been on the "New" Ford Barn from the start. It took me awhile until someone pointed it out to me. But like Tom says, you have to cut down on the size of your pictures or it will not accept them. I just use Microsoft Picture software to reduce the size but there is other software out there that will also do it.
Fred K-OR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:55 AM   #20
pooch

Windows 7 built in snipping tool does a great job of reducing the pic by resolution and cropping in one click.
pooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:44 AM   #21
ctlikon0712

Yes, when you attach with the FB option there is a chart that show's you depending on what type of file it is the size limit. That is how I have always done it here and when I reduce the size I like and use Microsoft Office. It has a quick and easy "resize" option under the "picture" tab. It has preset sizes and a % method also.