Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-19-2022, 08:27 AM   #1361
sugarmaker

Default Re: 1932 The Deuce, Dually, Dump Truck

David,
Thanks I was thinking I heard or read that the 12 volts starters would engage a little less violent? I may still have a starter shaft run-out issue? Will keep testing on it!
Would love to get to the Eastern Meet to visit with you and Redpond2 and many others. Thinking about it!
Thanks for the starter info!
Summer is creeping in on us and the days are crammed with stuff. lawn mowing, cutting wood for syrup and of course a nap now and then too!
Regards,
Chris
Lots of Allis tractors
Some Cub Cadets
sugarmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 04:03 AM   #1362
flatford8

Is that a “Grand-Kid-Cart” on the end of the train??......needs to be painted white!.....it’s just one more project!!......Looks like all is well in NE PA......Mark
Billy Joe Shaver
flatford8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 06:16 AM   #1363
Mart

Chris, everybody else has moved away from photobucket. they offered free hosting then started asking people to pay for it and blackmailed them by restricting access and blurring photos.

I lost lots of pics that way and lots of build threads on the hamb are messed up by pictures not being available.

I load pics to postimages.org That works ok and is free without any threats being made.

Photobucket have a bad name among forums for the reasons I stated.
Mart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 07:02 AM   #1364
sugarmaker

Mark,
Humm never thought about painting it white? Its my red white and blue theme!

Mart,
I have 4000 pictures kind of stuck in photobucket. I have 9000 pictures stuck in imgur. I currently have a bad taste in my mouth for free image hosting sites!

Our grandson Nic finishing the wiring for the jib crane in the shop. This one was stored in photobucket and copied here. I am paying photobucket each year to keep my pictures alive.

Regards,
Chris
Lots of Allis tractors
Some Cub Cadets
Old 05-20-2022, 07:55 AM   #1365
sugarmaker

Mart,
I have signed in to the Postimage photo storage site. Seems easy to use I may try it. The only good news about photos is that my pictures on here saved in Imgur are still showing!

My first attempt using the Postimage storage:

Regards,
Chris
Lots of Allis tractors
Some Cub Cadets
Old 05-20-2022, 04:36 PM   #1366
flatford8

Chris,
Ahhhhh......Red, White and Blue......you slipped that one right by me!!!!....your shop is in a class all by itself.......the “Ragged Ol’ Truck” is looking well!!
Take Care,.......Mark
Billy Joe Shaver
flatford8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 07:14 PM   #1367
DavidG

Chris,

It would be a pleasure to see you at Franklin, if you can make it. I will be there from Wednesday afternoon through Sunday.
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 09:09 PM   #1368
sugarmaker

Mark,
Thanks on the shop! Temps are at 70, nice evening! I took a picture out my " living room window" ( the 9 x 16 door) at 10:00 p.m. not a bad place to hang out. Will try to use Marts recommended photo storage site to load it up on the morning.
Spent 6 hours mowing at the steam show grounds this afternoon. Had lunch with my hunting guys today! Doesn't get much better!

David,
Thanks for the info on your plans. Still mulling this over . Would be great to meet you, see Micheal D, and Redpond2 also! I had actually thought about hauling the ragged ole' truck along with me. Would it be accepted at a meet like this? I have not been to one of these meets. And my truck is far from correct and or stock. It may not happen but good to dream a little too!
Regards,
Chris
Lots of Allis tractors
Some Cub Cadets
Old 05-20-2022, 09:26 PM   #1369
Redpond2

David and Chris,

My truck won't be making it! But I did extend an invitation, myself and grandpa, dick webber, will be there. my first meet of the type. As they say the more, the merrier, excited to meet as many of the " '32 guys" as I can, apparently we're a rare breed, and I need all the guidance I can muster, I am more and more getting to the point where I want mine as period correct as possible.

Haven't met Mr. Driskell yet, but have received some NOS misc parts from him. would love to put a bug in his ear as well!

Chris- don't let me get in the way of your prior engagements but I would love to meet you down here in the south and hope to return the favor in your neck of the woods someday. Even if its a tractor meet, I have a few old Farmall's I could bring to PA someday??

thanks for the great thread. learned a lot already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmaker View Post
Mark,
Thanks on the shop! Temps are at 70, nice evening! I took a picture out my " living room window" ( the 9 x 16 door) at 10:00 p.m. not a bad place to hang out. Will try to use Marts recommended photo storage site to load it up on the morning.
Spent 6 hours mowing at the steam show grounds this afternoon. Had lunch with my hunting guys today! Doesn't get much better!

David,
Thanks for the info on your plans. Still mulling this over . Would be great to meet you, see Micheal D, and Redpond2 also! I had actually thought about hauling the ragged ole' truck along with me. Would it be accepted at a meet like this? I have not been to one of these meets. And my truck is far from correct and or stock. It may not happen but good to dream a little too!
Regards,
Chris

Caution: living may be hazardous to your long term health. Eventually, and often over time, death has been known to occur....
Redpond2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 09:36 PM   #1370
Kens 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmaker View Post
I had actually thought about hauling the ragged ole' truck along with me. Would it be accepted at a meet like this? I have not been to one of these meets. And my truck is far from correct and or stock. It may not happen but good to dream a little too!
Regards,
Chris
Chris, Your truck would certainly be welcome at the meet.

Ken
Old 05-21-2022, 08:14 AM   #1371
sugarmaker

Folks,
There is a glimmer of light. I asked Cheryl if she wanted to go. She is thinking about it. After 50 years just seems like the thing to do, to have the wife come along. Have to firm that up and then get with Danny D on logistics.
Working on the trailer yesterday. Will pull the bearings and clean and repack with new axle seals. This needed to be done even for hauling tractors around here. So a good maintenance project in general on the little trailer!
The seeds have been planted. Remember this engine came from Tennesee also so it would feel at home.

Thanks for the support Ken! 36 Ford one of my favorites!

I am getting pictures relocated to the new hosting site Postimage as recommended by Mart. Working OK so far.
Regards,
Chris
Lots of Allis tractors
Some Cub Cadets
Old 05-22-2022, 02:31 AM   #1372
Randy in ca

The Photobucket fiasco opened a lot of eyes to the potential consequences of using any photo hosting service - thousands of pictures lost totally degrading threads on many different forums.

Why not use Fordbarn to host your photos? Load them here and they'll very likely be around as long as Fordbarn itself is.
Randy in ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 08:11 AM   #1373
sugarmaker

Randy,
Might be the way to go?? I may just need to get educated more on that.
I see the add image box above /\. Then I need fo figure out where to get the URL form my pictures. I dont think I cn get that from the picture without being in a hosting site. Probably can just dont know how. Also need to resize the pictures so that are appropriate size. I know this may put Petehoovie out of a job!

Below is a picture from recent trials of Postimage. That I can do fairly well.

Regards,
Chris
Lots of Allis tractors
Some Cub Cadets

Last edited by sugarmaker; 05-22-2022 at 08:25 AM.
Old 05-23-2022, 03:06 AM   #1374
Randy in ca

Chris, it's hard to comment further without knowing what process you're currently using, as in using camera? phone? photo sizing? windows PC storage? Or?

Once you get to the stage of being able to post Thumbnail pictures onto a post (there are many past threads in this regard) the process for posting them enlarged (either with or without the thumbnail shown) as done by Petehoovie and others is pretty straightforward.
Old 05-23-2022, 03:53 PM   #1375
mike in tucson

Why do people trust their documents (and Pictures) to a third party? Nobody who operates these sites (and the cloud) give a rat's pootey about your information security. Buy a SSD (ultra cheap) and store them in your system..... even thumb drives can work if you keep them labeled.
mike in tucson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 08:42 PM   #1376
sugarmaker

Mike,
I for sure am not aware of all of the options for getting pictures presented on these forums. I do my best to present them at a appropriate size and as easy as I can make it for my self.
I agree that know one cares about these pictures. I do also have most of mine saved on my computer.

Randy,
Using Android cell phone for taking pictures. Cromebook lap top. Then download, and to PhotoresizerHD to resize. Then upload to a hosting site. Then copy or share on to the forum.

On the 32 truck: I did some body work today on the ragged torn driver's side running board. Perfect no, acceptable and better, yes. I will try to get some pictures loaded.
Cheryl and I are currently planning to go to Franklin Tennessee to the Early V8 show. Hope to meet a bunch of Ford barn folks!

Side note: it finally dawned on me the license plate numbers on the 32 truck. 70016
70 0r 16? Hard to tell in my brain!
Thanks for checking in me!
Regards,.
chris
Lots of Allis tractors
Some Cub Cadets

Last edited by sugarmaker; 05-23-2022 at 08:54 PM.
Old 05-23-2022, 09:17 PM   #1377
DavidG

Chris,

I'll be seeing you in Franklin and I'm looking forward to it.
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 11:40 PM   #1378
Randy in ca

Chris, assuming you have your pictures filed on your laptop. Here's an example of one of your pictures posted using nothing outside of Fordbarn itself.

When I started thinking about it there are a fair number of steps involved, but once you've done a couple it's quick and easy. Let me know if you're interested in trying it and I'll pass on the procedure.

-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1932 Ford BB truck.jpg (87.2 KB, 99 views)
Old 05-23-2022, 11:44 PM   #1379
Randy in ca

Here's the same without the Thumbnail attached:

Picture quality is kind of poor in these two examples because I just took a screen shot
as Photobucket doesn't seem to allow copying of a posted photo (?).

-

Last edited by Randy in ca; 05-24-2022 at 01:35 AM.
Old 05-24-2022, 07:02 AM   #1380
sugarmaker

Randy,
That looks good. I will check out that option. As you mention there may be some steps to get there and that is typically waht makes it difficult for folks to get pictures loaded on these forums. Even the previous picture hosting sites I have used have several steps that need to be done for each picture inserted. I feel the pictures are important to tell the story. So I rend to go through the steps to provide them for folks to view. If each says a 1000 words I have written several books!
Thanks for your support and those ragged ol truck pictures look fine. I need to figure out how to get the URL from my computer to the box that appears when I click on the picture icon above.
Regards,
Chris
Lots of Allis tractors
Some Cub Cadets