Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-18-2015, 10:28 AM   #41
Tom Wesenberg

Default Re: September 1928 Tudor

When you call Bert's, also ask about the correct battery holder. If you look at the upper right corner of the second picture in reply #4, I can't figure out what they have at the top of the battery holder. I do see they have a wood bottom, which probably relaces the original metal tray.
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 05:57 PM   #42
PO51

Neil,
Nice car! as it for sale locally in San Diego? I'm thinking that a Tudor might be the way for me to go, I just can't get enough leg room in a coupe and my open pickup is even worse. I was thinking with a Tudor I would have more options in moving the drivers seat back without butchering the car!
PO51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 06:09 PM   #43
Jeff/Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by PO51 View Post
Neil,
Nice car! as it for sale locally in San Diego? I'm thinking that a Tudor might be the way for me to go, I just can't get enough leg room in a coupe and my open pickup is even worse. I was thinking with a Tudor I would have more options in moving the drivers seat back without butchering the car!
You are on the right track PO51, hard to beat a sedan for more room and comfort. Roadster PU is the worst for being cramped.
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 02:34 PM   #44
moasew

Hi:

I just discovered this thread while looking for info on honeycomb radiator.I'm from Eastern Canada and currently restoring a June 28 Canadian Tudor very similiar to yours with the same blue paint under black.The trim which I also have is called Coachlace trim and is not surprisingly reproduced by any upholstery firm. Lebaron has a stamped (as opposed to weaved) pattern which isn't even close to the original pattern.After many hrs of searching and talking to weavers locally I finally found a company in Pennsylvania who has reproduced coachlace trim and vintage clothing. The company is thistlehillweavers.com run by Rabbit Goody.It's not cheap but it's also one of the more visible areas of the car.They have the original Henry Ford looms and are quite familiar with coachlace. I've sent my sample to them (taken from behind the rear seat).The untouched sample is VERY nice compared to the stamped reproduction pattern. Some will tell you it is the windlace unrolled but it's not even the same pattern!! When the Canadian dollar goes back up I'll tell them they can fill my order! Anyone wanting to travel to Canada NOW IS the time.Make 25-30 % on your US money!
I've replaced my multi clutch with the single clutch but now I'm wondering if I should leave my honeycomb radiator as it looks in great shape.
moasew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 03:12 PM   #45
brito36

Very nice sedan you acquired. I have one and it is dated 8-20-28. It was pretty complete when I bought it in the early 70's. It has many of the features that yours has. Your color appears to be possibly gun metal blue. You can check for the multiple disc clutch by measuring the size of the pedal shaft coming out of the bell housing. The multiple disc has a smaller diameter pedal shaft as opposed to the later shaft having the single plate clutch. Good luck and have fun with it....
brito36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 05:59 PM   #46
Jim Mason

It appears the 8 is upside down. also the door handle appears to be a type j. if you need non adjustable brake rods let me know. Great car!
Old 03-28-2016, 06:26 PM   #47
d.j. moordigian

Neil,

Great Tudor,....it's just perfect!
I'm impressed that it has that early of a horn that late in mid-28..
d.j. moordigian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 07:46 PM   #48
glenn in camino

Great tudor Neil. Keep it original. I've had my 6/1/28 tudor since the mid 60s. I restored it in the early 70s and still have it. It has all the early/mid 28 features and has won many awards over the years. It currently has about 30,000 miles on it since restoration. I'm currently doing a refresh on the restoration. My wife will probably sell it after I'm gone. Send me your email and I will send you some pictures of it.
glenn in camino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 08:39 PM   #49
Jim Mason

As for color of the car, check the dawn gray combinations.
Old 03-29-2016, 03:46 PM   #50
lwannem

Thank You for sharing those pics with us. I to am restoring an early 28 canadian tudor, and appreciate the pics of the upholstery.
lwannem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 04:08 PM   #51
Neil Mylar LakewoodCA

Hi everyone,
Thanks for the continued interest in the 1928 Tudor.
I recently had the opportunity to re-purchase a May 1929 Tudor that was in my family many years. It was a tough decision, but I ended up selling the 1928 Tudor and bought the 1929 Tudor.
I was very fortunate to find a person who was excited with the originality of the 1928 Tudor and wants to preserve it. He drives it around his neighborhood every weekend.
Neil Mylar LakewoodCA is offline   Reply With Quote