Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-08-2018, 05:58 AM   #1
Growley bear

Default THANK YOU Ford Barn members

This seems to happen often.
1) somehow someone gets your telephone number and calls you when you are enjoying your first day off in months and talks your ear off about a Model A problem. And because you know the answer you take the time to give a lengthy block of instruction and even get an argument because your answer wasn't what the other person wanted to hear?
2) Someone asks you a Model A related question-I have to assume that they asked because they didn't know-and then uses your answer as the reason for an argument?
3) Many Ford Barn members, well versed in the fine art of Model A repair go to great lengths to share their experience and knowledge to help someone with a Model A problem and then------------nothing-What happened? Was it repaired? The person seems to vanish. Some people do let us know the outcome of the situation but I think that we never hear from most. These questions and answers are very informative and educational and the experience and insight of Ford Barners is priceless and at the very least deserves a follow up/thank you.
I don't remember how long I have been a member; I always learn something here and wish to express my thanks to those helpful folks who take the time to share their Model A experience and knowledge with us all, newcomers and old timers alike
Growley bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 10:45 AM   #2
canadian
BANNED

Default Re: THANK YOU Ford Barn members

yes a simple , thanks for your time and help would be acceptable .
canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 12:10 PM   #3
Y-Blockhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Growley bear View Post
I don't remember how long I have been a member;
Well, Growley Bear, I can help you with that one, as it sez right there below your name... Join Date: Apr 2012.
Y-Blockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 12:25 PM   #4
harleynut

Well said
harleynut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 08:21 PM   #5
SeaSlugs

yea the wrath of any help forum for anything from cars to guns to radios to computers is at least 50% of the people seeking help never return to post what fixed thier issues.
Old 04-08-2018, 10:03 PM   #6
Bill G

Just about anything I want to know has been discussed before. Sometimes over and over again with the same pro and con discussions. Regardless of the fact that there are usually different opinions on many topics, I find that by really searching this and other forums, I can usually find answers without bringing it all up again for another discussion. The real key is being patient enough to use the right search terms. Then I read and weigh what has been said to see which information I want to use.

Let's say I want to know something and I ask a question. It could take several days for everyone to weigh in. If I am out in the garage and run into something I wasn't anticipating, I can usually do a search and several days or weeks worth of discussion is instantly at my fingertips.

A question that was asked and answered 5 years ago is usually just as relevant today since we are dealing with cars that are 88 or more years old.
Bill G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 07:39 AM   #7
Growley bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y-Blockhead View Post
Well, Growley Bear, I can help you with that one, as it sez right there below your name... Join Date: Apr 2012.
You're welcome, however things aren't what they seem.
Growley bear is offline   Reply With Quote