Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-21-2012, 09:07 PM   #41
Scott H

Default Re: George "Skip" Haney Water pumps

He's probably pretty busy...I recently sent him mine and they were done and back to me within about 10 days including shipping.
Scott H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:54 PM   #42
G.M.

Foxy, Skips email is [email protected] Phone # AM 1-941-637-6698 PM 1-941-505-9085
Lucky, The 37 to 53 pumps all get the turbine impellers that increase the flow of each pump from 65 gallons in 5 minutes to 110 each. G.M.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TURBIN IMPELLER & SHAFT 2.jpg (12.5 KB, 59 views)
Old 02-22-2012, 11:15 AM   #43
foxydoxy

Thanks guys.... A great form here...Mike
foxydoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:05 PM   #44
foxydoxy

Hey guys..... I got intouch with skip and he does not do 60 hp Ford pumps. He put me intouch with fellow in North Carolina. Robert Hall..... He is the only one that will make your 60 hp Ford leak free. I do know there are other guys that rebuild them but not leak free for a long time. Call Robert if you are having leaking pump issues at 704 732 1202. He is a pro at this :>) Michael
foxydoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:55 PM   #45
G.M.

Sorry Foxy, Didn't see the 60 HP. Glad Skip was able to give you Roberts contact info. G.M.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:22 PM   #46
36tudordeluxe

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Can't say enough good things about Skip's work; Skip sent them back to me before I even paid for them!
36tudordeluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:44 AM   #47
Bruce/CT

Heading to the Post Office with a pair of Water Pumps to ship to Skip right now. Better hurry before they shut down this branch before my eyes.
Bruce/CT
Old 02-25-2012, 01:50 PM   #48
krackerjack1951

i still dont get the theory..more volume thru a hot engine,hot day,hot water thru hot radiator...100 degree ambient temp..thermostats wide open,,does not cool down a flattie..,,flattie cooling theory is the longer the water stays in the radiator,incoming air thru the radiator helps cool the water..water flow is controlled by thermostat..water gets hot,thermostats slowly open ,allows water to flow thru radiator..if water travels too fast thru radiator,very little heat transfer is accomplished..todays speed on interstate 60/70 mph doesnt make any difference..keep in mind mashing on throttle to generate more speed. bucking more wind resistance requires more fuel,which creates more heat... raise your right foot.get the vehicle back to the optimum 50 mph speed the engine was designed for..the water temp settles down to normal..dont think the water wetter.snake oil or other "stuff" is the cure all..NOT..keep this in mind,if your engine has been bored and the heads milled etc,the water traveling thru it is actually closer to the heat source in the poorly design cooling system/exhaust ...the flattie was troubled even back in the days of 50 mph..my 2 cents
krackerjack1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:34 PM   #49
Old Redneck

Send a message via AIM to Old Redneck Send a message via Yahoo to Old Redneck

I run Skip's water pumps on my 33,35,both 39's and my 50 with no heating problems at all. I have clean all the blocks and the radiator are in top shape.
Old Redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:27 PM   #50
G.M.

Kracker your 2 cents is all from old wives tails and the "I THINKS". The longer the water stays in the radiator the longer it is also in the "OVEN". Thousands of old Ford owners cured their heating problems with Skips pumps. If you don't believe in "snake oil" try some Mavel Mystery Oil for sticky valves and Purple Ice in the cooling system.
I know the Purple Ice works, I have watched it with a laser pointed thermometer as the temperature dropped in my 33. There is not enough room on this web site to tell all the MMO SAVES in the 62 years I have used it and NO it's not the same a tranny fluid. The engine will run COOLER going into the wind even though it requires more power to push the car, it's very noticeable. G.M.
Old 02-25-2012, 06:34 PM   #51
4dFord/SC

If the longer the water stays in the engine/radiator the better, why not just rely on thermal syphoning and eliminate water pumps altogether? Just sayin'.
4dFord/SC is offline   Reply With Quote