Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-10-2019, 07:13 AM   #1
rally 1

Default Snyders On-Line Ordering

Has anyone been frustrated with Snyders “new and improved” website.
Trying to order from an I-pad is crazy, constantly back and forth through the various menus.
I usually order from Snyders because they are in my state, and delivery is next day.
Frustrating.........
Sorry for the rant.
rally 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 07:24 AM   #2
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Snyders On-Line Ordering

Quote:
Originally Posted by rally 1 View Post
Has anyone been frustrated with Snyders “new and improved” website.
Trying to order from an I-pad is crazy, constantly back and forth through the various menus.
I usually order from Snyders because they are in my state, and delivery is next day.
Frustrating.........
Sorry for the rant.

And I am sure your first action was to privately send an e-mail to Don Snyder and "rant" to him. Is that correct, -and what was his response?? Surely you DID this out of respect before you ranted to others who have no control over this.

But just for the record, can you imagine hiring someone whose job for the last two years was to revamp a website and implement an on-line ordering system that works? Can you imagine the expense involved?? That is exactly what Don Snyder did. Is their new system perfect yet? No, not yet and 'for the record' I had some issues with it the other day where I actually had to call my order in instead, but they are still working with it make improvements to the entire system on a daily basis. Give them a chance while it is still in beta mode.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 07:27 AM   #3
Joe K

I use a regular PC and I had difficulties using the Online. I got to the end where it took my credit card number, made the entry and suddenly the whole list/shipping/total disappeared!

So I called. No, he had no record of my order on HIS computer but took my list over the phone, gave me a total including shipping, and took my credit card details - and ASSURED me there would be no duplicate order. And an apology for an ordering system still in "beta" mode.

As usual with Don - high end albeit old fashioned service. Perhaps more should be like this?

I had the parts in my hand in three days. Almost as good as Amazon - but Amazon doesn't have much in the way of Model A parts.

Joe K

Last edited by Joe K; 05-10-2019 at 07:35 AM.
Joe K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 07:36 AM   #4
jm29henry

I always just call the orders in on the phone never had a problem!
jm29henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 08:07 AM   #5
30 Closed Cab PU

Have ordered a couple of smalls, 1 or 2 things at a time - No problems. I prefer on line, have complete email strings for what has been ordered.
30 Closed Cab PU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 08:07 AM   #6
Afordman31

Thumbs up Re: Snyders On-Line Ordering

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm29henry View Post
I always just call the orders in on the phone never had a problem!
Finding out if you make a list the night before then call it in the next morning.
The lady that takes your order is very friendly and knowledgeable. If you don't
have a catalog then order one. I give Snyder's a big thumbs up!
Afordman31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 08:16 AM   #7
Franchise_24

I would never order through a tablet, I always like to just call in and talk to someone, so friendly. I am going to call in Monday and order some tires and a radiator, but am going to drive up and pick it all up Saturday. Enjoy going in there once or twice a year.
Old 05-10-2019, 08:30 AM   #8
rally 1

Yes, I did make several calls.
Was told that they were aware of issues, and working to fix them.
Two months now, still have the same issues.
I generally place my orders online in the early morning hours (05:00).
As technology today includes I-phones, and I-pads (tablets) , the website should accomodate that technology, in my opinion.
It just takes too long to place a multiple item order. I’m generally buying for two or three customer projects at one time.
If I have time during the day, I order (now) by phone, but would prefer a more user friendly website.
I meant no disrespect to Snyders, just venting my frustration. They are still my #1 supplier.
rally 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 08:43 AM   #9
1928Mik

I always call, it's faster. I will shop online after hours, or go thru the catalog, but you can't beat a live person if there are any questions.

-Life's Too Short To Drive Boring Cars-
1928Mik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 09:47 AM   #10
Dave Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C View Post
And I am sure your first action was to privately send an e-mail to Don Snyder and "rant" to him. Is that correct, -and what was his response?? Surely you DID this out of respect before you ranted to others who have no control over this.

But just for the record, can you imagine hiring someone whose job for the last two years was to revamp a website and implement an on-line ordering system that works? Can you imagine the expense involved?? That is exactly what Don Snyder did. Is their new system perfect yet? No, not yet and 'for the record' I had some issues with it the other day where I actually had to call my order in instead, but they are still working with it make improvements to the entire system on a daily basis. Give them a chance while it is still in beta mode.
Actually we do have some control over this, if their service is really bad, we can buy elsewhere !!!
Old 05-10-2019, 10:06 AM   #11
Y-Blockhead

I have had no problems ordering from Snyder's and the young lady (sorry, can't think of her name right now) always calls when something is out of stock (very rare) and when they expect the item to be back in stock.

The only thing I don't like about the new site is that the "Wish List" is no longer available. In the past when something I need came up I would put it in my "Wish List" for the future. Then when I had enough items for an order I would transfer to my Shopping Cart.
Y-Blockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 10:53 AM   #12
Russ/40

Guess I'm weird, I really like the new website. I used to get frustrated by it switching to "T" parts when I was ordering A parts. As to devices used, I have found in the past that tablets don't always function optimally. If it's important, use your desktop. Can't imagine a household without a desktop.
Russ/40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 05:29 PM   #13
dbaldwi3

I have been using Snyder’s for about six months now as for the update to their website I have likes and dislikes for the old and new sites the “wish list” was ideal the new “saved list” leaves a little bit to be desired, also having to scroll to the bottom of the page past the list to get to the items is less than ideal. I like having all of my past purchases available to see what I’ve ordered that’s a plus and the final checkout is improved. Hopefully they’ll work out the bugs in the future. Btw I use a pc, laptop, tablet and an iPhone when ordering from them.

Last edited by dbaldwi3; 05-11-2019 at 07:54 PM.
dbaldwi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 05:51 PM   #14
Synchro909

Snyders changed their website a few years ago. Are you guys talking about that change or has there been yet another change more reently?
You might have guessed I stopped even looking at their site when that change was made a year or three ago. It virtually barred international buyers by requiring a telephone number (mandatory) and not recognising anything but a US number. I had no trouble with their previous site and bought plenty when they were using it - nothing since.

Last edited by Synchro909; 05-11-2019 at 07:35 PM.
Synchro909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 09:12 PM   #15
SimplyCosmic

This is a more recent update involving a large site-overhaul.
SimplyCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 09:33 PM   #16
Synchro909

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyCosmic View Post
This is a more recent update involving a large site-overhaul.
OK, Thanks. I wouldn't have encountered it because as I said, I no longer go there. There business - they can do what they like with it.
Old 05-10-2019, 09:58 PM   #17
PalAl

Have had no trouble at all with the new web site, just made a big order this afternoon and it's shipped already. Yes, this was made online. Some others have had some trouble and found it was on their end. Hang in there, Snyders is a great company that will bend over backwards to make things right for you.
PalAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 10:37 PM   #18
daveymc29

Ever have anyone bad mouth your business on social media? I think I would feel pretty bad if that had happened to me and any of my businesses. I'd be sitting there with a whale of an investment riding and out of the blue someone is impatient or unsatisfied and telling the world how horrible I have mistreated them. Sorry, I will keep my thoughts to myself and phone in my order, I love Snyder's service and helpfulness, even when I'm only asking a question.
daveymc29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 01:41 AM   #19
Bill G

My hat is off to anyone trying to run an online ordering website that is capable of all the many, many possibilities of PC, laptop, phone, tablet, Apple, Windows, yada yada yada platforms.
Bill G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 03:52 AM   #20
Werner

I ordered this week per PC. No problems.

Ford Model A, Roadster, 1928
Citroen 11 CV, 1947
Hercules W 2000, 1976; (with NSU-Wankel Rotary Engine), Canadian version
Werner is offline   Reply With Quote