Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2019, 02:17 AM   #1
rrich1

Default Newly acquired '31 AA

Hi,

I have been lurking for a few weeks trying to learn as much as I can. I recently purchased my grandfather's '31 AA. He purchased it very early 80's and he sold it in '11 when alzheimer's started to set in. Well yesterday I was able to purchase it back. Growing up, I'm 33, we would take it to Walcott Iowa every year for the Trucker's Jamboree truck show. I have a lot of great memories tagging along and setting the truck and tent up, talking with people, and enjoying the antique trucks. My dream for this truck is to get it back up and running, preserve the looks as much as possible, and fix what is needed as time and funds allow. It will be my toy for the next several decades.

The cab is dark green with black fenders and radiator. Unfortunately with his alzheimer's I am unable to ask him any questions about it. The engine block number, A1551291, doesn't match what is on the title and from what I have looked up the engine looks to have been produced sometime in 1929. So I don't think it is the original engine. Even so the "vin" on the title is nowhere to be found on the truck as far as I can find. So I am trying to figure that out.

I believe the truck is a stake bed, possibly a 187-A but I am not positive. The wheel base is 131". The bed has all enclosed sides so I do not believe it is original. The rear has a sliding gate that goes up. I

From what I have been told is that it hasn't been ran in over a year and last needed a rolling start to get it started. Thoughts on what that might be?

Any info from the pics you might have is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
​​​​​​​Ryan

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
rrich1 is offline   Reply With Quote