Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-01-2018, 10:07 AM   #21
30 Closed Cab PU

Default Re: 1930 victoria coupe

My goal is to drive my A when it is 100 years old in 2030, I will be 76 then.
30 Closed Cab PU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 11:04 AM   #22
WHN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Bidonde View Post
I still have my 1st Model A, a 1931 45B Coupe. I have owned it since 1962, so that's 56 years I have been driving it. By the way, I am 76 years young!
Your Grandparents look great standing next to you now restored coupe.

Congratulations.

Keep on motoring. We’re right across the sound. Enjoy.

Bill
WHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 12:49 AM   #23
31 RPU

Ford called the Victoria’s a Coupe.
31 RPU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 08:30 AM   #24
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by desotoguy View Post
Advice to anyone posting their opions, better do your research on your comments, there are many guys with a boat load of knowledge about the Model A, and they have no problem correcting your post.

Yes I agree with you, and you are very correct as IMO that is the way it should be.

You bring up an interesting perspective on opinions. Society has seemingly changed vastly in this regard as it used to be considered prudent that if you did not have factual knowledge about a topic, then you listened and observed to learn without opening your mouth. It seems that folks seem compelled today to make erroneous statements about topics they really have no knowledge of just for the sake of being heard, -and if they are called out on it they defend their actions by saying it is their opinion (-which evidently justifies or validates it as being correct). This mindset is extremely rampant on social media sites where misinformation is spewed from the fingers of self-proclaimed experts, and those participants are not truly interested in correct information as it is more about how many viewers they can attract. I have been a part of Fordbarn since Gus first developed it, and there was a time when folks that repeatedly gave misinformation was not tolerated. Ironically most of the knowledgeable people here have left due to comments by the ones who repeatedly posted without knowing what they were talking about. Therefore I am in favor of folks correcting folks who are posting misinformation as that kind of information has no benefit to the hobby.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 09:16 AM   #25
BillEbob

Thumbs up Re: 1930 victoria coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent in 10-uh-c View Post
yes i agree with you, and you are very correct as imo that is the way it should be.

You bring up an interesting perspective on opinions. Society has seemingly changed vastly in this regard as it used to be considered prudent that if you did not have factual knowledge about a topic, then you listened and observed to learn without opening your mouth. It seems that folks seem compelled today to make erroneous statements about topics they really have no knowledge of just for the sake of being heard, -and if they are called out on it they defend their actions by saying it is their opinion (-which evidently justifies or validates it as being correct). This mindset is extremely rampant on social media sites where misinformation is spewed from the fingers of self-proclaimed experts, and those participants are not truly interested in correct information as it is more about how many viewers they can attract. I have been a part of fordbarn since gus first developed it, and there was a time when folks that repeatedly gave misinformation was not tolerated. Ironically most of the knowledgeable people here have left due to comments by the ones who repeatedly posted without knowing what they were talking about. Therefore i am in favor of folks correcting folks who are posting misinformation as that kind of information has no benefit to the hobby.

amen brother❗️
BillEbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 09:43 AM   #26
WHN

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillEbob View Post
amen brother❗️
I also agree.

You don’t know what you don’t know.

The world is changing. Up is now down and down is now up.

Knowledge! At one time it was important.
WHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 10:27 AM   #27
Bob Bidonde

Good one WHN!