Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-18-2015, 07:42 PM   #1
hope

Default diagram

Ello diagram
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 002.jpg (34.6 KB, 163 views)
hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 07:47 PM   #2
JSeery
Member Emeritus

Default Re: diagram

The dotted lines are the existing car wiring and where to tap into them. In the case of the turn signals, you would cut the wire and attach it to the turn signal wire. The other end of the cut wire would be capped and stowed as we used to say. The power wire is a wire you need to provide to a power source.

Edit: Ops!! Went back and looked again, the other dashed wire is the brake light wire!

Last edited by JSeery; 03-18-2015 at 07:58 PM.
JSeery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 07:47 PM   #3
Tony, NY

They look like the existing wires that you connect to.
Tony, NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 07:48 PM   #4
Bruce/CT

Hi Hope,
What turn signal unit is your diagram for? Is it a SignalStat 9000? I have a unit without a diagram
Thanks, Bruce/CT
Old 03-18-2015, 07:51 PM   #5
cmbrucew

That appears to be the wiring diagram for a seven wire turn signal switch. Should work for six or twelve volts.
Bruce
Old 03-18-2015, 08:14 PM   #6
Drbrown

It is a seven-wire setup, just like my Ron Francis unit. The arm device works with either 6 or 12 volts because its just a "switch", but do provide a flasher unit to match your voltage.
Drbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 08:30 PM   #7
hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce/CT View Post
Hi Hope,
What turn signal unit is your diagram for? Is it a SignalStat 9000? I have a unit without a diagram
Thanks, Bruce/CT
Bruce.
On the box that the signal unit came in says EVERLAST with no other comparable numbers i could compare with, like you have 9000 or 500, other than this#(HL-101). I've researched that number, but came up empty.

As far as i can tell it looks comparable with the A500 series, and I've been having a hard time figuring things out.
First i could'nt find a plug in for the three prong Flasher that had the color coded wires, so i settled for a plug that also works on head lights as well with all wires black witch caused more .
Then the little Right and Left indicator lights on the Signal Switch didn't work, i finally got that to work and also the Right and Left blinkers to work.
Now i'm on to the rear lights. (got to build up my PATIENCE)

The fact that this has taken me a long time to accomplish this, is that i'm not very savvy with wires and electricity and i'll be 80 years young in a few months.
Laying on my back under the dash is tough, laying on my back ANYWERE is tough. (not so much to get down on my back, but yo GET-UP)

Well GEEees that's a lot more than i planned for my reply.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:57 AM   #8
koates

Hello hope, This switch is designed to use the rear stoplights as blinkers. Example, If you have your right blinker turned on and your foot on the brake pedal then only the left stop light will be on and the right stoplight will be flashing. In my opinion this is not the safest option. Better to have two separate amber blinker lights on the rear (left and right) which leaves you with two stop lights "ON" when you are braking. All adds up to greater visibility at the rear so that all these new young drivers using their mobile phones whilst driving might just see you before running up your backside. If you do it that way then the stoplight switch does not need to be wired in (easier on your old back ). Two separate amber motorcycle type blinker lights could be mounted on small brackets above your rear bumper. I have this type set up on my 1934 ford sedan. My blinker switch is like yours and also has a hazard light knob which will operate all four blinker lights together should you break down on the highway. You need all the safety options on your old car possible to protect your life. Good luck with your wiring. Regards, Kevin.
koates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 07:35 AM   #9
cmbrucew

Hope
Here in the colonies I believe any light behind the rear axle must be red.
That may well be a good suggestion on using independent turn signal lights for the rear. Orange and brown wires from the switch all the way back to the new red light fixtures leaving original stop lights intact.
Bruce
Old 03-19-2015, 11:54 AM   #10
hope

Kevin & Bruce

Thanks for the suggestion, its a very good idea and i'm always in favor of an easy way of doing things. Beside it will give my back a Break.( no pun intended)
There is a chance i may be able to put this car on the road after all.

Hope