Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-02-2012, 08:04 AM   #1
Vic Piano

Default 2013 Florida “Barner’s Bash” Plans

2013 Florida “Barner’s Bash” Plans

For the 2013 Florida “Barner’s Bash” we’re thinking about taking things a little further south of Tampa. Here are a few examples of things we’d like to do; there is an Antique Automobile Museum in Sarasota (approximately 100 miles south of Tampa) also, for the ladies, St. Armands Circle in Sarasota provides excellent shopping as well as a bunch of restaurants to choose from. I’ll start checking hotels in the area for availability and see if I can get a discount rate.

Steve (Steve46) has made initial contact with the Ruskin Drive-In and they are receptive to having a “car show”, reserving a row(s) for us on either Friday or Saturday night.

In Ft. Myers (a little further south) there is the Henry Ford winter retreat across the street from Thomas Edison’s home. Both are museums and would make an interesting stop.

We are thinking about having the “Bash” in early to mid March, but before we firm up any dates, I'd appreciate some input from those of you that would like to attend to enable us to accommodate the maximum number of “Barner’s”. We're looking forward to another Florida "Barner's Bash"
Old 11-02-2012, 08:22 AM   #2
chuck stevens

Default Re: 2013 Florida “Barner’s Bash” Plans

Vic, Do you remember the privet collection near Dade City, I had some pictures of it about a year ago. The guy's name is Tom Small, he's a great guy, and a ford guy to boot. If you want I'll try to get his phone number. I'm down here till Thanksgiving, NO HURRICANES down here! Let me know Chuck S.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg a Small collection 005.jpg (84.0 KB, 63 views)
chuck stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:59 AM   #3
Vic Piano

Chuck, That would be excellent. If you get a chance, give me a call, the guys are most likely going to be here tomorrow to play, hopefully you'll be able to make it over to my place before you go back up north. Vic
Old 11-02-2012, 09:32 AM   #4
JM 35 Sedan

Vic, sent you a pm on this. I like the idea of going further south. If we decided to go near Punta Gorda we could stop in and 'harass' G.M. and Skip some about Flathead cooling technology advancements .

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:53 AM   #5
Vic Piano

Hi John, Punta Gorda is a place I'd like to stop at as well. I'll give GM & Skip a call (once we have confirmed the event dates) to see if we can set something up.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:12 AM   #6
TomT/Williamsburg

So this Bash would not involve any outside shows like we have done in the past? Not complaining, just asking - I do like the venue so far ....
TomT/Williamsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:27 AM   #7
Vic Piano

Hi Tom, there may be another "show" at the Drive-In, as there are several local area car clubs that might want to participate. However, at this time nothing in conjunction with any other events has been planned. I can guarantee you perfect topless cruising weather though… Vic
Old 11-02-2012, 11:08 AM   #8
JM 35 Sedan

Tom, depending on the Bash dates, there may be an opportunity to take in Billetproof, before or after the Bash, for those who wish to attend that show. I have no idea when Billetproof is scheduled for 2013. Maybe Google would know?

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
Old 11-02-2012, 11:53 AM   #9
Vic Piano

To my knowledge, the dates for the 2013 Billetproof Florida show have not been published yet however, I do think it will be in March. Vic
Old 11-02-2012, 06:22 PM   #10
39coupe

Billetproof Florida is on March 23,2013 at Big Daddy's Museum. Mike
Old 11-02-2012, 07:08 PM   #11
Steve/IL

Vic, Any chance of scheduling the 2013 Florida Barner's Bash in mid to late February?? We'll be in Florida until March 2. Bringing our 42 Ford Woodie down from Illinois. Really like the idea doing the Barner's Bash in southwest Florida! I believe quite a few of us snowbirds are heading home by early March?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Piano View Post
2013 Florida “Barner’s Bash” Plans

For the 2013 Florida “Barner’s Bash” we’re thinking about taking things a little further south of Tampa. Here are a few examples of things we’d like to do; there is an Antique Automobile Museum in Sarasota (approximately 100 miles south of Tampa) also, for the ladies, St. Armands Circle in Sarasota provides excellent shopping as well as a bunch of restaurants to choose from. I’ll start checking hotels in the area for availability and see if I can get a discount rate.

Steve (Steve46) has made initial contact with the Ruskin Drive-In and they are receptive to having a “car show”, reserving a row(s) for us on either Friday or Saturday night.

In Ft. Myers (a little further south) there is the Henry Ford winter retreat across the street from Thomas Edison’s home. Both are museums and would make an interesting stop.

We are thinking about having the “Bash” in early to mid March, but before we firm up any dates, I'd appreciate some input from those of you that would like to attend to enable us to accommodate the maximum number of “Barner’s”. We're looking forward to another Florida "Barner's Bash"
Old 11-03-2012, 05:23 AM   #12
Tom Morookian

If you actually get down to the Punta Gorda or Ft. Myers area there are 2 stops you may want to make:

Muscle Car City has a display (indoor) of over 100 cars - mostly muscle vintage so lots of GM chrysler as well as Mustangs and a few oldies

www.musclecarcity.net

Monday nights in North Ft. Myers (Rt 41 at Rt 78) Merchants Crossing has a "cruise in" usually attended by 100 or more cars. All vintages.
Tom Morookian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:32 PM   #13
Steve/IL

Tom,
Thanks for the heads up. When we were down last year, we attended a cruise in at Muscle Car City one weekend and a swap meet another weekend with our 65 Impala Station Wagon which we drove down from Illinois. I sold the Chevy Wagon when we got home, so now we only have Fords! Coming down in mid December and plan to go Muscle Car City events and to the Merchants Crossing cruise ins on a regular basis. Trailering the 42 Woodie down, since we just have too much to haul down from home. Will hopefully see you there?
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Morookian View Post
If you actually get down to the Punta Gorda or Ft. Myers area there are 2 stops you may want to make:

Muscle Car City has a display (indoor) of over 100 cars - mostly muscle vintage so lots of GM chrysler as well as Mustangs and a few oldies

www.musclecarcity.net

Monday nights in North Ft. Myers (Rt 41 at Rt 78) Merchants Crossing has a "cruise in" usually attended by 100 or more cars. All vintages.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:00 PM   #14
Vic Piano

Steve, we haven't really started to get serious about the dates just yet... February sounds good to me and I want to accommodate as many "Barner's" as possible so we get the best turnout... I'll start getting serious about selecting the dates in a week or so. Vic
Old 11-03-2012, 11:54 PM   #15
Steve/IL

Vic,
I'm in for mid to late February. Hopefully more of us 'Barner' snowbirds will chime in with their Florida schedules.
Steve

Quote:
Steve, we haven't really started to get serious about the dates just yet... February sounds good to me and I want to accommodate as many "Barner's" as possible so we get the best turnout... I'll start getting serious about selecting the dates in a week or so. Vic
Old 11-04-2012, 08:36 AM   #16
Pat/Ohio

Vic, Another Meet going on around that time is the AACA Meet in Lakeland on February 21-23, 2013. Might be something that some of the 'Barners might be interested in. Also the Zephyrhills Show is usually around that time also. We'll be Florida January thru March...so any of the dates should work for us. Thanks, Pat

Just checked....The Zephyrhills Show/Auction/Swap Meet is February 21-24, 2013.
Pat/Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:21 AM   #17
Vic Piano

Pat, I'm aware of the other events going on in that time frame. The AACA Meet would be an excellent choice, Zephyrhills, on the other hand, has not provided very good hunting for Flathead pats in recent years. They do however have vintage dirt track racing as well as an auction but parking is poor. In the past we've always tied our event to another automotive related event and that has worked well however, in an attempt to expand our event, I thought it might be a nice change to do some touring in Sarasota, Ft. Myers and the surrounding area as there are automotive related venues to be enjoyed. As always, we’ll try to accommodate the wishes of the majority of attendees’, in scheduling the locations. Vic
Old 11-04-2012, 11:56 AM   #18
Vic Piano

For those interested, here's a link that Steve (Steve46) provided that gives information about the Ruskin Drive-In. http://www.ruskinfamilydrivein.com/
Old 11-05-2012, 12:52 PM   #19
Vic Piano

Ok, we've narrowed it down to possibly two different weekend dates (the last weekend in February or the first weekend in March) however, we are waiting for conformation from the Drive-In as to their preferable date. We have also decided to schedule the "Bash" away from other events taking place in February & March in central Florida, to enable us to focus on and possibly expand our activities.

We are still in the early stages of setting things up so; we're open to suggestions from those of you that would plan to attend. I have it on good authority that Bill Wzorek may once again create one of his masterpieces’ for the "Miss Shelly Award", and we’re working on a few other venues of interest to visit. Let us know your thoughts and ideas, to make the 2013 Florida "Barner's Bash" the best one yet.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:38 PM   #20
Vic Piano

Old 11-29-2012, 12:41 AM   #21
paints4me2

If this helps I met Tom Small at Daytona Turkey Run his phone # 727-518-4700 ; Email Carlady57@hot mail.com .nice guy invited me to come and see his collection. antique cars,scooters,signs and seems to be into 32 fords now at least 3 that we talked about. hope this helps Ralph
paints4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:45 AM   #22
paints4me2

Billetproof is March 23,2013 at Garlits.
paints4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:01 AM   #23
chuck stevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by paints4me2 View Post
Billetproof is March 23,2013 at Garlits.

I've been to Tom's place and it is a must see! He is a great guy, and has unimaginable amount of v8 Fords ,signage and even some Chevys to fill in the empty spaces.
You could go there ten times and not see it all.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:20 AM   #24
Vic Piano

Chuck, where is Tom located? I have been working on scheduling this years "Bash" a little further south of Tampa and logistically it might not be possible to include (if Tom was up for it) a visit to see his collection. Also, the Billetproof show is on the 23rd of February at Don Garlits Museum in Ocala and, as I said in an earlier post, I'm trying to schedule the "Barner's Bash" away from other events for several reasons, not the least of which is; in the past, we've held it in conjunction with Billetproof, Zephyrhills, etc. so, this time I wanted to offer up some different venues and opportunities that would include some driving excursions. However, if the majority of people planning to attend the 2013 Florida "Barner's Bash" would prefer to do the same thing (Billetproof) this year, we can still change the plans; I'll just need to know the consensus as soon as possible. I'll make the "cut off" date (for making changes) December 15th. So, if anyone that is planning to attend would like to go to Billetproof again, let me know. Vic
Old 12-04-2012, 08:53 AM   #25
Vic Piano

Old 12-06-2012, 04:52 PM   #26
Vic Piano

OK, it's official.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:37 PM   #27
Old Redneck

Send a message via AIM to Old Redneck Send a message via Yahoo to Old Redneck

March would be great that we could make it.We just got another Motor Home and that would be a nice test for it.MAYBE pAT COULD PUT SOME OF US UP FOR THE EVENT. Is Pat down there yet. I heard he bought a big spread down there.He won't tell me where because he afraid we would crash in on him and Lolly Pop or is it Candy?She sure is one good looking girl.I will watch the dates for sure.
Old Redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:14 PM   #28
Vic Piano

Ken, we'd love to see you and Barb down here for the "Bash", I sure hope you can make it. Vic
Old 12-06-2012, 10:44 PM   #29
G.M.

Vic if you get down to Punta Gorda I will supply lunch or dinner at my place for all on the tour. Ken has the key to the "Gated Community" with a few motor home hook ups. I have enough room for 15 or 20 motor homes without hook ups also. You need to get dates nailed down soon so over night rooms can be reserved. They become hard to find in any resort areas in the winter season. G.M.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:45 AM   #30
Vic Piano

Hi George, thanks for the offer, we'll have to talk about possibly a Saturday afternoon and/or evening at your place. The dates are now "set in stone", they are March 22nd - 24th. I know that Billetproof is on the 23rd at Don Garlits but, we've included that event twice, and I thought it would be nice to see other sights of automotive interest in Florida this time.

We are still working out details for the Friday cruise to Sarasota, the antique auto museum and the Drive-In as well as the Saturday cruise to Ft. Myers to tour the Ford-Edison Estates and back to Punta Gorda to your place (thanks again). We may also try to have our traditional BBQ on Sunday at Fred Howard Park in Tarpon Springs. If all of this comes together it will include a lot of cruising in our Flatheads and, after all, that’s what it should be all about.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:27 AM   #31
chuck stevens

Vic,
Here is a link on mapquest that shows the area of Tom's place. He is on Parrish rd., off from Blanton rd., north west of Dade City. I don't have his phone number up here (NY), but I'll be coming back down after Xmas. He is a very nice guy with a ton of rare Fords. Lets get him on the list, Chuck S.

Quote:
Chuck, where is Tom located? I have been working on scheduling this years "Bash" a little further south of Tampa and logistically it might not be possible to include (if Tom was up for it) a visit to see his collection. Also, the Billetproof show is on the 23rd of February at Don Garlits Museum in Ocala and, as I said in an earlier post, I'm trying to schedule the "Barner's Bash" away from other events for several reasons, not the least of which is; in the past, we've held it in conjunction with Billetproof, Zephyrhills, etc. so, this time I wanted to offer up some different venues and opportunities that would include some driving excursions. However, if the majority of people planning to attend the 2013 Florida "Barner's Bash" would prefer to do the same thing (Billetproof) this year, we can still change the plans; I'll just need to know the consensus as soon as possible. I'll make the "cut off" date (for making changes) December 15th. So, if anyone that is planning to attend would like to go to Billetproof again, let me know. Vic
Old 12-07-2012, 07:28 AM   #32
chuck stevens

Oh yea here's the link: http://mapq.st/UJMQ8a
Old 12-07-2012, 07:48 AM   #33
Vic Piano

Sounds like a plan Chuck. He's a little North of where we were planning to be but hopefully we'll be able to include a stop at his place if he's willing.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:17 PM   #34
TomT/Williamsburg

Might not be able to make it to this one - I've got to see what's coming up on next years calendar as I'm thinking of making a run to Bonneville in the roadster. We will make a few stops inbetween and probably take 2-3 weeks when all is said and done ....
Old 12-07-2012, 03:54 PM   #35
Vic Piano

Tom, that sounds like fun... got room for me in the Roadster?
Old 12-07-2012, 04:08 PM   #36
TomT/Williamsburg

Sure - we can hook up at some point (maybe at your Mom's?) and run out from there. If you think I'm kidding, I'm not!! Be prepared for stops at Speedway, Daryl Starbird's museum, Fordbarn and HAMB folks, and other places of interest along the route .....
Old 12-07-2012, 04:33 PM   #37
Vic Piano

That sure sounds good only, I'll have to retire first... and that's not looking to promising at the moment.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:30 PM   #38
TomT/Williamsburg

Quote:
That sure sounds good only, I'll have to retire first... and that's not looking to promising at the moment.
Just save up your vacation days!!
Old 12-08-2012, 09:44 AM   #39
Vic Piano

What's a vacation...
Old 12-08-2012, 09:55 AM   #40
BILL WZOREK

Vic : Those are the days that you have to go to work to cover some one else's job so they don't have to be there. LOL LOL
BILL WZOREK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:44 PM   #41
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomT/Williamsburg View Post
Might not be able to make it to this one - I've got to see what's coming up on next years calendar as I'm thinking of making a run to Bonneville in the roadster. We will make a few stops inbetween and probably take 2-3 weeks when all is said and done ....
Tom, after going to Bonneville last August I am wanting to go back again. I loved being out on that salt with all those race cars. Four of us had a blast out there together. I am also thinking I would like to drive one of my cars out the next time I go. Won't be 2013 but possibly 2014. I talked to the Rolling Bones crew about possibly joining in with them somewhere along their route and they were receptive to that possibility. Who knows, maybe just another wild dream of mine, but then who really knows, just may happen.

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 12-08-2012 at 12:56 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:54 PM   #42
JM 35 Sedan

Vic, your March date sounds like a go for me. The February date was a big question mark since we have a family trip to Orlando planned just before that date. Keep the plans rolling....lunch or dinner with George sounds good. It's always interesting to get up to date on what innovations he has going to make these Early V8's more drivable.

Old 12-08-2012, 06:10 PM   #43
Vic Piano

John, lookin' forward to seeing you in March. Have a Merry Christmas. Vic
Old 12-08-2012, 06:15 PM   #44
Vic Piano

You're sure to get a BANG out of the Florida "Barner's Bash"!
Old 12-09-2012, 10:11 AM   #45
chuck stevens

Hey John - Tom, If you guys firm this trip up maybe I would go. It's always been on my bucket list, Chuck S.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:41 AM   #46
Vic Piano

Old 12-12-2012, 12:54 PM   #47
TomT/Williamsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan View Post
Tom, after going to Bonneville last August I am wanting to go back again. I loved being out on that salt with all those race cars. Four of us had a blast out there together. I am also thinking I would like to drive one of my cars out the next time I go. Won't be 2013 but possibly 2014. I talked to the Rolling Bones crew about possibly joining in with them somewhere along their route and they were receptive to that possibility. Who knows, maybe just another wild dream of mine, but then who really knows, just may happen.

A buddy of mine went with the Bones crew last year and he had a tough time keeping up with them and he was in a 32 Ford street rod - 85+ was the norm at certain points in the trip. Although he stopped at night at their same stays, he arrived (at times) usually an hour or more later than they did. After while he just ran at his own pace and enjoyed it alot more. Nothing says that that's a bad thing, just not what I would want to do.

To me, it's all about the ride and meeting folks from the 'Barn, HAMB and others, seeing the sites, cruising some portion of old Rt 66, and visiting a few car museums/private collections/Speedway Motors type vendors along the way - that's my kind of trip to Bonneville, the holy grail of hot rodding. I would probably devote a week to getting there and a week for the return (probably with one day built in each way for unscheduled "repair" stops), more or less a 20 day trip total. My present plan is to go in my roadster (avatar) but perhaps if my 40 p-up is done (non-flathead powered - sorry ), I might go in it.

We can talk more about this whenever you'd like John, and anyone else who might be interested. How about a 'Barner's Bonneville Run event - sound like a possibility?

And for those of you who are purists, I know little (in comparison to most) about Bonneville and its history but what I do know is that way back when, many, many guys brought out their bone stock rides, removed a few things, taped up others, and made a pass. I doubt my roadster would make it through safety but making a pass in any ride would be sweet!
Old 12-13-2012, 04:46 PM   #48
Vic Piano

Tom, I like the idea of a "Bonneville Barner's Blast", wish I could go with you guys... Maybe next time...
Old 12-13-2012, 07:20 PM   #49
41ford1

Tom, Bonneville Barners Bash. That sounds like something I NEED to do. A real "see the USA" trip to the holy grail of hot rodding.
41ford1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:09 AM   #50
Vic Piano

Old 12-17-2012, 03:05 PM   #51
Vic Piano

Old 12-17-2012, 07:53 PM   #52
apba12m

March for me!
apba12m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:31 AM   #53
chuck stevens

I'm headed south next week so I'll be there in time for the barners bash. Vic give me a heads up for the Saturday morning get togathers, maybe we can get some of those ol v8's up and running, enough of this NE, Chuck S.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:41 AM   #54
Vic Piano

Chuck, as they say "welcome South brother". After the holidays, we'll be gettin' back in the garage to finish reinstalling the Zephyr transmission, etc. It'll be good to see you, and we appreciate all the help we can get. Have a Merry Christmas. Vic
Old 12-19-2012, 11:55 AM   #55
Vic Piano

A 2013"Barner's Bash" Update

Bill Wzorek has been working on tying the “Miss Shelly Award” to a charitable organization that will take donations from "Barner's" who want to support it. Bill is in the final stages of the negotiations and we'll let everyone know all the details as soon as everything is confirmed.

We are also looking into having a (limited number) of Commemorative Dash Plaques made. The plaques will be available to everyone (you don’t have to attend the 2013 “Barner’s Bash”) for a small fee. A portion of the fee will go to cover the cost, while the balance will be donated to the selected charity.

Stay tuned for further updates, and have a safe and Happy Holiday.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:00 PM   #56
BILL WZOREK

Quote:
A 2013"Barner's Bash" Update

Bill Wzorek has been working on tying the “Miss Shelly Award” to a charitable organization that will take donations from "Barner's" who want to support it. Bill is in the final stages of the negotiations and we'll let everyone know all the details as soon as everything is confirmed.

We are also looking into having a (limited number) of Commemorative Dash Plaques made. The plaques will be available to everyone (you don’t have to attend the 2013 “Barner’s Bash”) for a small fee. A portion of the fee will go to cover the cost, while the balance will be donated to the selected charity.

Stay tuned for further updates, and have a safe and Happy Holiday.
Just a clue : THINK PINK
Old 12-19-2012, 06:01 PM   #57
Vic Piano

Old 12-19-2012, 11:39 PM   #58
Dennis Jarrell

I don't recall seeing on any of these posts where this event is located. My wife and I will be in Florida during this time.

Thanks,
Dennis
Dennis Jarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:14 AM   #59
Vic Piano

Dennis, we have been putting the event together and waiting for conformation from various venues before we post the actual itinerary however, the initial plan is to have the majority of events take place in the Sarasota and Ft. Myers area. As things are confirmed, I'll post them. If you need any additional information you can PM or email me at [email protected]. Hope you can join us for the Bash. Vic
Old 12-21-2012, 06:40 AM   #60
Vic Piano

Old 12-21-2012, 09:25 AM   #61
Vic Piano

Here is a sample of the proposed 2013 Florida "Barner's Bash" Dash Plaque. We will have a limited number of the magnetic Dash Plaques produced, most likely in an approximate 3X4 inch size. You don't have to attend the event to get a Dash Plaque, they will be made available to everyone for $5.00 each. A portion of each sale will be donated to the charity. If you wish to make a larger donation, you can do that as well. We'll be posting payment information as soon as it is confirmed.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:45 AM   #62
Vic Piano

Old 12-27-2012, 09:51 AM   #63
BILL WZOREK

Vic : Check your email: 12/23 12

Bill W
Old 12-27-2012, 01:33 PM   #64
Vic Piano

As is the usual case, Bill Wzorek has outdone himself yet again with this years (2013) "Miss Shelly Award". In addition to the actual award (and only Bill knows what it will be), he has set up an opportunity for each of us (if we so choose) to make a donation in the name of the "Miss Shelly Award" to the Susan G. Komen foundation for breast cancer research to fine the cure. Click on the link below if you would like to donate or to fine out more information.

www.info-komen.org/goto/MissShellyAward2013

This adds another dimension to the Florida "Barner's Bash" and I hope it becomes a regular feature of the event as well as other "Barner's Bash" events in the future.

We hope you'll join us for the fun from March 22nd to 24th. And please consider making a donation.

Happy New Year.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:50 AM   #65
Vic Piano

Old 12-31-2012, 01:47 PM   #66
Vic Piano

Old 01-03-2013, 07:55 AM   #67
Vic Piano

Old 01-05-2013, 06:31 PM   #68
Vic Piano

Old 01-07-2013, 07:14 AM   #69
Vic Piano

Old 01-09-2013, 07:52 AM   #70
Vic Piano

Old 01-09-2013, 07:53 AM   #71
Vic Piano

Oops, that previous post should say 2013, not 2012 but I'm sure you knew that...
Old 01-09-2013, 09:17 AM   #72
Capn John

Any chance of getting the "CIGAR CITY FLATHEADS" made into T-shirts??
Capn John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:34 AM   #73
Vic Piano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn John View Post
Any chance of getting the "CIGAR CITY FLATHEADS" made into T-shirts??
The short answer is yes, we're working on that. I had posted previously that we were going to look at having T-shirts made however, in order to keep the cost (per shirt) down; we need to place a minimum order. We received a number of request for the T's however, not enough to enable us to sell the shirts at a reasonable cost (around $15 to $20. each). We will have dash plaques (rubberized magnetic) made (minimum order 100) and we will be making them available at $5.00 each plus postage. The dash plaques cost around $1.85 each. The $5.00 will cover the cost and the balance will go to the Susan G. Komen foundation for breast cancer research charity.
At this time I'll take T-Shirt request (orders) again to see if we can meet and/or surpass the minimum requirement. Send me an email at: [email protected] if you would like to be put on the list.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:40 AM   #74
Vic Piano

I forgot to mention, we'll also take request for the dash plaques. Not sure yet as to how we're going to set up payment for the T's or the plaques but we'll let you know as soon as we figure it out.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:54 AM   #75
Tom Morookian

Can I come anyway?

Ok, I admit it, I don't have a flathead. I got my 36 5 window in 2006 (from a liar) in Mass. That was long before I discovered Fordbarn (joined in 2010) so I did a lot of things I now regret. Like building a hotrod instead of a restoration. Mea Culpa! But, I least I put a Ford motor (302) in it not some junky bow-tie small block.

Had I known the wealth of information and parts available I'd have gone the restoration route. What I have now is an all steel Henry body on top of my home built frame and Mustang II front end. When I die, somebody can plop the body back on an original frame and running gear. I'd do it now but I'm not in that financial position.

So, can I come to the "Bash" anyway and ogle/drool over the real ones?
Old 01-10-2013, 05:07 AM   #76
BILL WZOREK

Tom:

They let Lee (my wife ) & I go and we show up with her Rice burner.
It's for the love of the hobbie / Friends that this is growing at the rate that it is.
Last year @ the BBQ I pulled my wifes car in line Popped the hood to show what I had.
Some how there was no interest ( GO FIGURE )
Old 01-10-2013, 07:05 AM   #77
Vic Piano

Tom, you are most welcome (and we'd love to see the '36) Like Bill said, the Florida "Barner's Bash" is all about enjoying the hobby and meeting new people with the same passion. There will be Flathead powered originals, hot rods, etc. at the event. There will also be modified Flathead era FoMoCo products and even the occasional Rice Rocket… The objective is to have fun related to our cars/trucks. We’re looking forward to meeting you in March. Keep checking here for updates on the event. Vic
Old 01-10-2013, 07:57 AM   #78
Vic Piano

Old 01-10-2013, 09:51 AM   #79
Vic Piano

This Just In

Steve (Steve's '46) has secured hotel accommodations for the 2013 Florida "Barner's Bash". Here's the information:

Sleep Inn
900 University Parkway
Sarasota, FL 34234
941) 359-8558
http://www.sleepinn.com/hotel-sarasota-florida-FL536

All you need to do (when making your reservation), is mention the Cigar City Flatheads and the room rate will be $115 plus tax per night. The hotel is in an excellent location, just minutes away from the "Cars of Yesteryear" Museum. I would highly recommend folks start making their reservations soon! The one catch is that, in the event anyone has to cancel a reservation, they must do so 2 weeks prior, to avoid any charges.

With regard to driving distance to the Ruskin Drive-In, it's about 32 miles north on US 41 so that should make for a fairly easy trip from the hotel.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:11 PM   #80
Vic Piano

Old 01-14-2013, 06:46 AM   #81
Vic Piano

Old 01-15-2013, 07:01 AM   #82
Vic Piano

Old 01-17-2013, 07:49 AM   #83
Vic Piano

Old 01-17-2013, 12:09 PM   #84
Vic Piano

Carpe Diem

OK, it's Official, the 2013 Florida "Barner's Bash" Dash Plaques have been ordered and should be delivered to us in short order. And, speaking of short orders... we only purchased a total of 100 of the Dash Plaques so... if you want one (and you're not going to be able to attend the event), you can buy them for $5.00 each plus $1.00 for S&H for a total of $6.00. (a portion of the $6.00 will cover the cost of the plaque(s) and shipping while the remainder will be donated to the charity). We have opted not to go the route of opening a specific bank account so; you'll just have to trust me with your $6.00. You can send a check for $6.00 (for each plaque, limit two per person), made payable to Vic Piano at; 18501 Council Crest Dr., Odessa, FL 33556.

Why not be the first kid on your block to display the plaque on your Flathead's dash?

Order yours today!
Old 01-18-2013, 07:05 AM   #85
Vic Piano

Old 01-18-2013, 07:39 AM   #86
Vic Piano

Old 01-18-2013, 10:03 AM   #87
TomT/Williamsburg

Quote:
Vic - I guess you'll have some "modern" recording equipment there for the event. You already have your poor assistant exhasuted!

Your posts are priceless, let me tell you ....
Old 01-18-2013, 10:29 AM   #88
Vic Piano

Tom, that 1/4 inch reel to reel brings back memories... That's when we used to edit audio with a razor blade and scotch tape... Glad you enjoy my postings.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:14 AM   #89
Vic Piano

Old 01-20-2013, 12:15 PM   #90
41ford1

Talking Re: 2013 Florida “Barner’s Bash” Plans

Quote:
Carpe Diem

OK, it's Official, the 2013 Florida "Barner's Bash" Dash Plaques have been ordered and should be delivered to us in short order.... We have opted not to go the route of opening a specific bank account so; you'll just have to trust me with your $6.00.
How about you trusting me for the $12.00 for 2 and I'll pick them up at the Bash. HeHe.
My reservations are set. See you guys there.
BTW, what is the status on shirts?
Old 01-20-2013, 01:09 PM   #91
Vic Piano

Chuck, you know I wouldn't do that for just anybody... But for you... OK. Looking forward to seeing you in the Sunshine State. As for the T-Shirts, I still don't have enough interest to be able to keep the cost per shirt down around $20.00. If more people express a real interest, I'll place an order for the T-Shirts and let everyone know.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:05 AM   #92
Vic Piano

Old 01-23-2013, 07:17 AM   #93
Terry,OH

I am confused what is the date in Feb or March and the location of the drive-In?
Terry,OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:55 AM   #94
Vic Piano

Terry, the dates are as listed above, March 22nd to 24th. The Drive-In is in Ruskin, FL, and we will be going to the Drive-In on Friday night March 22nd.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:51 PM   #95
Vic Piano

Old 01-24-2013, 09:24 AM   #96
Vic Piano

Old 01-26-2013, 09:23 AM   #97
Vic Piano

Old 01-30-2013, 07:00 AM   #98
Vic Piano

Dash Plaques are in
I got home last night (from a business trip) and found a box filled with the 2013 Florida "Barner's Bash" Dash Plaques along with a special gift for me... (see the photos)

I know Bill Wzorek had everything to do with that. Thanks Bill for all you continue to do for the Florida "Barner's Bash" and the "Miss Shelly Award".

I’ll be sending Dash Plaques, to all that have ordered them, in the next day or two. Dash Plaques are still available so, if you would like one (or two), send your check made payable to Vic Piano, to 18501 Council Crest Dr., Odessa, FL 33556. Don’t forget to include your mailing address.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:17 PM   #99
Vic Piano

Old 01-31-2013, 07:35 AM   #100
Vic Piano

Old 01-31-2013, 11:08 AM   #101
Vic Piano

I received another mail box full of orders for the Cigar City Flatheads Florida "Barner's Bash" Dash Plaques today... Just about half the Dash Plaques we ordered are gone already... So, if you like one (or two), you've got to act fast! Send your check for $6.00 or $12.00 made payable to Vic Piano to 18501 Council Crest Dr., Odessa, FL 33556. I've got a pile of orders that I'll be sending out this weekend. Thanks to everyone for your support, we appreciate it. Vic
Old 02-01-2013, 07:53 AM   #102
Vic Piano

Old 02-01-2013, 03:34 PM   #103
Vic Piano

Old 02-04-2013, 07:33 AM   #104
Vic Piano

Old 02-05-2013, 06:56 AM   #105
Vic Piano

There are still some "Dash Plaques" available and the money goes to the charity so, if you'd like one (or two) send in your check and include your return address. The info (for purchase) is in an earlier post in this thread.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:30 AM   #106
Vic Piano

As in years past, we have asked for (and received) donations of parts and/or services from FordBarner's, to use as raffle prizes at the Florida "Barner's Bash" BBQ. I want to again thank those that have contributed and brazenly ask again for contributions for the 2013 event. If you would like to participate, please PM or email me at: [email protected]. Thanks, Vic
Old 02-05-2013, 10:41 AM   #107
Vic Piano

Here's Some Good News

For the Throngs of FordBarner's that have inquired about the Cigar City Flathead T-Shirts. We have found a supplier/printer that has given us a super deal that will enable us to offer the T-Shirts for $14.95 plus $3.50 S&H for a grand total of $18.45.

The T-Shirts will be white with a large LOGO on the back and small LOGO on the left front. The initial run will be a total of 40 shirts, including ten (10) each, M, L, XL & five (5) each of S & XXL.

If you would like a Cigar City Flatheads T-Shirt(s) please send a check payable to: Vic Piano, to 18501 Council Crest Dr., Odessa, FL 33556. Don't forget to include your return address.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:20 PM   #108
Vic Piano

Old 02-07-2013, 06:59 AM   #109
Vic Piano

There are still some Cigar City Flatheads 2013 Florida "Barner's Bash" Dash Plaques available so, if you'd like one (or two) send in your check with your return address. The info for the check and mailing address are in another response in this thread.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:57 AM   #110
Vic Piano

Old 02-08-2013, 09:08 AM   #111
TomT/Williamsburg

Ummm, I didn't think Olds made a flathead?!?! LOL!!
Old 02-08-2013, 09:39 AM   #112
KGS

Vic, Thanks for that pic. As mentioned,
a buddy of mine and I did that swap back
in the day. Hmmm, 1957 a looong time ago.
That Olds powered '40 coupe would fly... Ken
KGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:56 AM   #113
Vic Piano

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomT/Williamsburg View Post
Ummm, I didn't think Olds made a flathead?!?! LOL!!
C'mon on Tom... you know the Olds came out...
Old 02-08-2013, 09:58 AM   #114
Vic Piano

Old 02-09-2013, 09:55 AM   #115
Vic Piano

Old 02-11-2013, 07:14 AM   #116
Vic Piano

Old 02-11-2013, 06:23 PM   #117
Vic Piano

Old 02-12-2013, 08:36 AM   #118
Vic Piano

For those of you that will be attending the Florida "Barner's Bash", here is an up-date. The possibility of an impromptu meeting on Thursday evening at the hotel has been suggested. If you are planning to arrive the evening of Thursday, the 21st, let us know. We’re looking forward to seeing everyone. Vic
Old 02-12-2013, 11:39 AM   #119
Vic Piano

Old 02-12-2013, 04:30 PM   #120
Vic Piano

T-Shirt Request

We've still got in the neighborhood of thirty (30) Dash Plaques available and now, I'm starting to get inquiries about the proposed Cigar City Flatheads T-Shirts. Previously we received a dozen or so request however, as I've mentioned in other post, we have to order a minimum number of T-Shirts and the up front (out of pocket) cost is $300.00+ so, I don't want to commit money until we have sufficient orders (cash in hand).

Here is what I suggest; at the minimum order number, the price for the T-Shirts can be set at right around $20.00. That price includes packaging & shipping. If you would like one or more T-Shirts, send a check in the appropriate amount, made payable to Vic Piano, 18501 Council Crest Dr., Odessa, FL 33556. We will hold all the checks until we have sufficient orders to have the T-Shirts made. Don't forget to include the T-Shirt size(s) you want as well as your return address.

The T-Shirts will have a large Cigar City Flatheads logo on the back and a small logo on the left front. All T-Shirts are white, as in "you can have any color you want, as long as its white"...
Old 02-13-2013, 06:42 AM   #121
Vic Piano

Old 02-13-2013, 05:04 PM   #122
Vic Piano

Old 02-14-2013, 10:41 AM   #123
Vic Piano

Old 02-14-2013, 12:58 PM   #124
TomT/Williamsburg

Miss Jones looks intrigued ....
Old 02-14-2013, 01:21 PM   #125
Vic Piano

Well, wouldn't you be... LOL
Old 02-14-2013, 01:22 PM   #126
TomT/Williamsburg

My point is she didn't even flinch with the mention of topless .... LOL!
Old 02-14-2013, 01:36 PM   #127
Vic Piano

Old 02-14-2013, 02:54 PM   #128
Cecil/WV

[QUOTE=TomT/Williamsburg;591992]My point is she didn't even flinch with the mention of topless .... LOL![

It probably wouldn't bother her if He went topless.
Cecil/WV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:58 PM   #129
Vic Piano

Old 02-17-2013, 10:33 AM   #130
Vic Piano

Old 02-17-2013, 12:51 PM   #131
Vic Piano

We're Gettin' Close

... to the 2013 Florida "Barner's Bash" so I'd like some input from those who are planning on attending. If you've been to a "Barner's Bash" before, you know about our Sunday BBQ at Fred Howard Park in Tarpon Springs, FL. This year we are holding the Friday & Saturday events in Sarasota, Ruskin and Ft. Myers. Fred Howard Park is a little over 100 miles from the host hotel in Sarasota so, before we book a pavilion at the park and figure out how much food we'll need, I want a consensus.

If we don’t get enough votes (so to speak) we'll have to come up with Plan "B"...

Please let us know what you'd like to do by posting here or sending me a PM or an email to: [email protected]. As always, thanks for your support, we're looking forward to seeing you in the sunshine state.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:31 PM   #132
Vic Piano

As in years past, we are looking to fellow "Barner's" to donate parts and/or services for the Raffle. If you have participated in years past and would like to contribute again, please let me know. If you haven't participated before, and would like to contribute, please let me know via a PM or email to: [email protected]. Thanks, we appreciate your support. Vic
Old 02-18-2013, 04:50 PM   #133
Vic Piano

Old 02-19-2013, 06:36 AM   #134
Vic Piano

Old 02-20-2013, 10:30 AM   #135
Vic Piano

Old 02-21-2013, 10:40 AM   #136
Vic Piano

Ok, we're getting close to the 2013 "Barner's Bash" so, it's time for a Roll Call. If you are planning to attend the event please post here and let us know how many people you'll be bringing with you and what kind of vehicle you'll be driving.
Also, if you are a vendor of parts and/or services, we'd appreciate your participation in the form of raffle prizes. If you want to know more about the raffle, please PM or email me at [email protected]. Thanks, we appreciate your support. Vic
Old 02-21-2013, 02:04 PM   #137
Vic Piano

Old 02-22-2013, 10:23 AM   #138
Vic Piano

Old 02-23-2013, 08:58 PM   #139
Vic Piano

Old 02-24-2013, 10:35 AM   #140
Vic Piano

Old 02-25-2013, 10:13 AM   #141
Vic Piano

Old 02-25-2013, 04:59 PM   #142
Vic Piano

2nd Request...

Ok, we're getting close to the 2013 "Barner's Bash" so, it's time for a Roll Call. If you are planning to attend the event please post here and let us know how many people you'll be bringing with you and what kind of vehicle you'll be driving.

Also, if you are a vendor of parts and/or services, we'd appreciate your participation in the form of raffle prizes. If you want to know more about the raffle, please PM or email me at [email protected]. Thanks, we appreciate your support. Vic
Old 02-26-2013, 05:26 AM   #143
Tom Morookian

Sure would be helpful to have an itinerary, like:

Friday March 22 breakfast at Joe blows, 123 main st, Redon, fl
lunch..................
2:00 at XYZ museum
5:00 cruise to Tampa, meet at billy bobs 12 nostreet
overnight at ................
Saturday etc, etc, etc
Sunday etc, etc

I'm gonna' be there I just don't know which venue(s)

That would hep us all plan on when and where we can actually make it to and then we can let you have a real "roll call"
Old 02-26-2013, 07:11 AM   #144
Vic Piano

Tom, I'm looking forward to meeting you. I've posted the itinerary a number of times but I'll be happy to do it again for those who might have missed it;

Thursday, March 21st, check in at the hotel, we may arrange an impromptu diner (restaurant to be announced) on Thursday evening.

Sleep Inn
900 University Parkway
Sarasota, FL 34234
941) 359-8558
http://www.sleepinn.com/hotel-sarasota-florida-FL536

All you need to do (when making your reservation), is mention the Cigar City Flatheads and the room rate will be $115 plus tax per night. The hotel is in an excellent location, just minutes away from the "Cars of Yesteryear" Museum. I would highly recommend folks start making their reservations soon! The one catch is that, in the event anyone has to cancel a reservation, they must do so 2 weeks prior, to avoid any charges.

Friday. March 22nd, 9:00am Meet at hotel lobby and go for breakfast (restaurant to be announced). After breakfast we’ll cruise over to the "Cars of Yesteryear" Museum in Sarasota. We can get a group rate of $7.50 per person if there are 10 or more people in the group. For lunch we’ll cruise to St. Armands Circle in Sarasota for lunch at the Columbia restaurant and, if you’re so inclined, do some window shopping and people watching…! Sarasota provides excellent shopping as well as a bunch of restaurants to choose from.

Friday evening we cruise to the Ruskin Drive-In, it's about 32 miles north on US 41, a fairly easy trip from the hotel. Another option for Friday night is to attend the Friday night cruise-in at the Dairy Queen in Riverview.

Saturday, March23rd, Meet at hotel at 8:00am, go to breakfast and cruise down to Ft. Myers to tour the Henry Ford & Thomas Edison “winter estates”. On the return trip to Sarasota we may stop in Punta Gorda to visit with G.M. & “Skip” Haney (I’ll try to confirm that with George this week, but we do need a head count to give them an idea as to how many of us there will be in our group.)

Saturday evening, return to hotel…

Sunday, March 24th, 8:00am (check out of hotel) Meet at hotel lobby and go for breakfast. After breakfast cruise north to Tarpon Springs (Fred Howard Park) for our traditional Florida “Barner’s Bash” BBQ, etc.

This is our proposed itinerary for the 2013 Florida “Barner’s Bash”. We still have some “Dash Plaques” available at $6.00 each and we are looking for donations of parts and/or services to give away in the raffle on Sunday. If you would like to donate to the raffle please PM or email me at [email protected].
Old 02-26-2013, 04:42 PM   #145
Vic Piano

Old 02-27-2013, 07:56 AM   #146
Vic Piano

Old 02-27-2013, 04:42 PM   #147
Vic Piano

Don't forget to bring your camera but don't get over exposed...!!!
Old 03-02-2013, 04:37 PM   #148
Vic Piano

Old 03-04-2013, 08:02 AM   #149
Vic Piano

Old 03-05-2013, 11:07 AM   #150
Vic Piano

One more time! I need to establish a "head count" to be able to effectively arrange several of the events we have planed for this years "Barner's Bash", not the least of which is the Sunday BBQ at Fred Howard Park in Tarpon Springs. At this point I don't know if we'll be able to get the preferred pavilion as in past years. I also need to have an idea of how many of you will be going to Ft. Myers with us before I can talk to GM about stopping to visit with him and Skip on the way back from Ft. Myers. So, please respond here or via a PM or email to: [email protected] Thanks. Vic

P.S. I'd also like to know how many of you will be checking in to the hotel Thursday evening as we would like to have dinner with everyone.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:26 PM   #151
Vic Piano

Old 03-06-2013, 07:18 AM   #152
41ford1

Only 2 more weeks. We can't wait. More snow here today.
We're in for both GM and the BBQ.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:44 AM   #153
Vic Piano

Excellent Chuck, we're looking forward to seeing you and a bunch of other "Barner's", have a good trip down.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:04 AM   #154
Vic Piano

Old 03-06-2013, 08:05 PM   #155
Henry Floored

Vic I'm in. I'll be there Fri, Sat and Sunday. I'll probably cruise down with Cliff Friday morning and stay the night at the hotel. Sunday Jamie will be with me at the picnic.

Last edited by Henry Floored; 03-06-2013 at 08:10 PM.
Henry Floored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:18 PM   #156
Steves46

That's great Mike. Look forward to seeing you, Cliff, and Jamie.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:43 PM   #157
Vic Piano

Mike, that's excellent. We’ll see you, Jamie & Cliff in Sarasota.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:49 PM   #158
Vic Piano

Old 03-07-2013, 08:04 AM   #159
chuck stevens

I'll be there Friday for breakfast, and we'll see how the rest plays out. Kath and I will be at the park on Sunday for sure, wouldn't miss it! Chuck S.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:26 AM   #160
Vic Piano

Excellent Chuck, we'll see you on Friday in Sarasota. Vic
Old 03-07-2013, 08:27 AM   #161
Vic Piano

Old 03-07-2013, 08:37 AM   #162
Tom Morookian

Judy and I will meet up with you at the Henry Ford place in Ft. Myers. If the Punta Gorda visit does NOT work out - then your all invited to stop at my place in North Fort Myers and I'll cook out burgers and dogs for lunch or later if you want to make it dinner. If Punta Gorda does work out I'll be there! I will need an address.

Weekend parking at the Henry Ford place can get very crowded. There's a huge parking lot just before the museum If you want to all meet there.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:24 AM   #163
Vic Piano

Tom, that sounds like a plan, and I appreciate your offer of a cook out at your place. I'll PM you with my cell phone #. Vic
Old 03-07-2013, 02:49 PM   #164
Vic Piano

Old 03-09-2013, 02:37 PM   #165
tailgaterdude

My wife & I will be there for most of activitys
tailgaterdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:40 AM   #166
Vic Piano

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailgaterdude View Post
My wife & I will be there for most of activitys
Excellent, looking forward to meeting you. Vic
Old 03-11-2013, 07:39 AM   #167
Vic Piano

Old 03-11-2013, 08:00 PM   #168
tailgaterdude

My '48 F-1 is without an engine. So I will be driving my daily driver...
Old 03-11-2013, 08:16 PM   #169
Vic Piano

Quote:
My '48 F-1 is without an engine. So I will be driving my daily driver...
That works, we'll see you in Sarasota. Vic
Old 03-12-2013, 07:34 AM   #170
Vic Piano

Old 03-13-2013, 06:32 AM   #171
Vic Piano

Old 03-13-2013, 06:51 PM   #172
Vic Piano

Old 03-14-2013, 07:13 AM   #173
Vic Piano

Old 03-15-2013, 07:34 AM   #174
Vic Piano

Old 03-17-2013, 04:27 PM   #175
Vic Piano

Just four more days till the 2013 Florida "Barner's Bash"
Old 03-18-2013, 06:46 AM   #176
41ford1

Barners Bash or snowed in!! Heading south today to avoid a potentially bad storm in New England tomorrow. I want to make my AutoTrain spot on Wed. Can't wait to feel some Florida heat!
Old 03-18-2013, 06:53 AM   #177
Vic Piano

I've requested warm temps and sunshine for the weekend but there is a 30 to 40% chance of some liquid sunshine... I've decided to drive the '51 F-1 because, I know if I take a Convertible it will rain. See you Friday
Old 03-18-2013, 09:03 AM   #178
TomT/Williamsburg

Sorry I'm going to miss this one this year - hopefully next year and maybe, just maybe, I can stay a bit longer and join the boys in Vic's garage and have some pizza on a Sat garage fun day - oh yeah, and fix a few old cars as well!
Old 03-18-2013, 09:55 AM   #179
Vic Piano

Tom, we'll miss ya but I know you'll have fun on the salt... Vic
Old 03-18-2013, 10:09 AM   #180
robert dick

Fort Myers is a neat place to see, plus after the tour you can motor over to Sanibel and enjoy the fantastic beaches, and eateries.
robert dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:21 AM   #181
Vic Piano

Robert, are you planning on joining us?
Old 03-18-2013, 11:31 AM   #182
Vic Piano

Old 03-18-2013, 04:26 PM   #183
JM 35 Sedan

Looks like I'll be a "no show" for this years Bash in Florida. I hate missing out on all the fun! Maybe I will make the Moonshine Festival in Dawsonville, GA this October and meet up with the Cigar City Flathead's there.

Old 03-18-2013, 04:36 PM   #184
Vic Piano

We'll miss you John. Hopefully we can all meet at the Moonshine Festival. Vic
Old 03-18-2013, 04:52 PM   #185
Vic Piano

Old 03-18-2013, 09:17 PM   #186
41ford1

On the way. In Danbury CT for the night. Didn't beat the storm. We will see what the morning brings. The last 20 miles were more of a pinched ass ride instead of white knuckles. Can't wait to get to the sunshine state. Vic, you better have the heat on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (51.4 KB, 10 views)
Old 03-18-2013, 09:26 PM   #187
VeryTangled

Hey Chuck, 41ford1, great to see you and Karen are on the road. Looking forward to meeting on Wednesday. Looks like the low on Tuesday will be 28 so you will have to get further south before you get any relief.

-VT/Jeff
VeryTangled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:27 PM   #188
Hotrodladycrusr

Quote:
Looks like I'll be a "no show" for this years Bash in Florida. I hate missing out on all the fun! Maybe I will make the Moonshine Festival in Dawsonville, GA this October and meet up with the Cigar City Flathead's there.
I'm bummed. Was hoping to see you down here.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:54 PM   #189
JM 35 Sedan

Hey Denise, I didn't know you were planning to attend. Are you on a business trip in that area or are you driving one of your cars down? Sorry to miss you! I looked for you at the Jalopy Showdown last year but you were nowhere to be found .

Old 03-19-2013, 06:12 AM   #190
Vic Piano

Chuck, the heat is on... Should be in the mid 70's when you get here. There is a slight chance of some liquid sunshine but that's always a possibility.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:15 AM   #191
Vic Piano

Old 03-19-2013, 08:41 AM   #192
chuck stevens

Hey Vic, do you have a place to meet up for breakfast yet? I'll be diving down on Friday and don't know how the fog and traffic will be. I plan on meeting up at the motel, but if I don't make it, the restrant would be good to know. Thanks Chuck S.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:46 AM   #193
Vic Piano

Hi Chuck, the short answer is no... I don't know the area and Steve (Steve's '46) had been looking for a place. PM me if you don't have my cell phone # and I'll give it to you so we can communicate on Friday morning. See you in Sarasota. Vic
Old 03-19-2013, 11:50 AM   #194
Steves46

I am not too familiar with the area as well however when I was getting the hotel established, I did notice there was an IHOP located a couple of miles south of the hotel. The address is 1199 N Washington Blvd. Steve
Old 03-19-2013, 01:08 PM   #195
Vic Piano

Old 03-19-2013, 04:27 PM   #196
Vic Piano

Old 03-19-2013, 07:40 PM   #197
oldford2

Vic,
Where will the Fordbarners be on Sunday for the Miss Shelly award?
John
oldford2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:55 PM   #198
Vic Piano

John, as of now, the revised plan is for everyone to meet at my house/garage at around 10:00am on Sunday the 24th. We will hang out for a bit (maybe we’ll announce the winner of the "Miss Shelly" award) after that we'll cruise over to Lake Tarpon and have lunch, possibly at the Tarpon Turtle. I did not reserve the pavilion at Fred Howard Park (as in years past), for several reasons, not the least of which was a very limited response from my numerous requests for a "head count". Anyway, that's the plan.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:25 PM   #199
tailgaterdude

First Watch is right off of University

Lakewood Ranch
8306 Market Street
Bradenton, FL 34202
941-907-6657
Lots of parking next to Publics just east of I 75
http://www.firstwatch.com/menu-breakfast.htm

Last edited by tailgaterdude; 03-19-2013 at 08:26 PM. Reason: added link
Old 03-19-2013, 08:50 PM   #200
41ford1

Quote:
Chuck, the heat is on... Should be in the mid 70's when you get here. There is a slight chance of some liquid sunshine but that's always a possibility.
Liquid sunshine is good!! The Courier needs a real good rinse after the brine and salt road treatment it's seen in the last couple of days. Hope to give it abath before getting to the train. See you definitely Friday if not Thursday evening.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:53 PM   #201
VeryTangled

Hey Chuck, Maybe we can do the bath at Dad's place on Wednesday morning. We've got all it would take to get 'er cleaned up and it's about fifteen minutes from your hotel!

-VT/Jeff
Old 03-20-2013, 05:13 AM   #202
Vic Piano

Quote:
First Watch is right off of University

Lakewood Ranch
8306 Market Street
Bradenton, FL 34202
941-907-6657
Lots of parking next to Publics just east of I 75
http://www.firstwatch.com/menu-breakfast.htm
Thanks, that's excellent! We'll see you in Sarasota on Friday. Vic
Old 03-20-2013, 05:16 AM   #203
Vic Piano

Chuck, (slight change of plans), I'll see you Friday morning at the hotel.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:18 AM   #204
Vic Piano

Old 03-20-2013, 06:26 AM   #205
chuck stevens

I have your cell#, if I get lost in the fog, traffic, or road rage drivers, I'll give you a shout. If I totally miss you the next stop is at GM's? Wish me luck Chuck S.

Quote:
Chuck, (slight change of plans), I'll see you Friday morning at the hotel.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:41 AM   #206
Vic Piano

Chuck, the south bound traffic should be light once you get south of Tampa. Have a safe trip, we'll see you Friday. Vic
Old 03-20-2013, 07:42 AM   #207
Vic Piano

Old 03-20-2013, 01:52 PM   #208
Vic Piano

Old 03-20-2013, 03:45 PM   #209
41ford1

On the train heading south. We'll see you Friday AM. Had breakfast with Jeff H. And John M. This morning.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:32 PM   #210
VeryTangled

Had a great time meeting up with Chuck and Karen (41ford1), and John (JM 35 Sedan) for breakfast this morning. Snapped this shot. Thanks again for breakfast! After food we found a coin-op car wash and Chuck got some of the goop off the car. Then we went for a short visit with my dad, Henryat1140. A good day!

-VT/Jeff
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GEDC0484_zps22622fa3.jpg (81.6 KB, 27 views)
Old 03-20-2013, 04:40 PM   #211
Vic Piano

Jeff, glad you guys all had a chance to get together, sorry you, your dad and JM won't be here for the "Bash" this year. One question... what are Chuck & Karen wearing...? They don't look like baithing suits...
Old 03-20-2013, 09:20 PM   #212
Hotrodladycrusr

Quote:
Hey Denise, I didn't know you were planning to attend.
Kind of a last minute trip. I'm only attending the Sunday FordBarn gig at Vic's place and lunch as I'm going to attend BilletProof on Saturday. Gotta spread the love thin while I'm here.

Are you on a business trip in that area or are you driving one of your cars down?
Neither, I flew down here to spend a couple of weeks with my folks who winter down here.

Sorry to miss you! I looked for you at the Jalopy Showdown last year but you were nowhere to be found .
I was there for two days, in my wagon. I'll be there again in May. Call me and I'll meet you at my car which is always parked in the same location as I grab that spot the night before.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:46 PM   #213
VeryTangled

Hey Vic, First of all, THANK YOU VERY MUCH for all your work to pull off the Bash event.

I can't say how much I enjoyed being there last March, it was really a highlight that I will carry all the rest of my days. I would really like to do it again. Circumstances are such that it just wasn't going to be a possibility this time around. I'm sure JM feels the same way. I will be with y'all in spirit if not in person, that's for sure.

The temp was about 35 or so when I shot this photo at about 8:30 am, so no bikini's, sorry. It warmed up, but was windy today so the chill was cutting through us. I'm sure when C & K get off the train it will be a lot warmer, but from my experience even in Sanford it can be chilly in March.

Take lots of photos for us lurkers!

-VT/Jeff
Old 03-20-2013, 09:57 PM   #214
41ford1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryTangled View Post

Take lots of photos for us lurkers!

-VT/Jeff
Jeff, That's the plan.

I'm looking forward to meeting Denise on Sunday at Vic's. I hear she makes some really good cookies! Postings on the HAMB and the Barn rave about them. Makes me wonder what's in 'em.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:54 AM   #215
Vic Piano

Old 03-21-2013, 11:09 AM   #216
Vic Piano

Old 03-21-2013, 04:16 PM   #217
Vic Piano

Ok, we are scheduled to meet at the Hotel in Sarasota at 9:00am tomorrow. See you there!
Old 03-21-2013, 05:12 PM   #218
Vic Piano

Old 03-22-2013, 05:49 AM   #219
BILL WZOREK

Vic :
Because it is a four Banger may be she can't GO ALL THE WAY with him. LOL LOL

Ok Guys Have a Good time ( I Know that is a given )

Hope the sun gods shine on you.

Some one please take & Post Pictures.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:42 AM   #220
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41ford1 View Post
Jeff, That's the plan.

I'm looking forward to meeting Denise on Sunday at Vic's. I hear she makes some really good cookies! Postings on the HAMB and the Barn rave about them. Makes me wonder what's in 'em.
Chuck, I hear that Denise makes THE BEST chocolate chip cookies!! Unfortunately, for me, by the time I find her at the car shows, the other guys have completely devowered them Maybe this year I'll find her before all are gone .

Old 03-22-2013, 08:15 PM   #221
Hotrodladycrusr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41ford1 View Post
Jeff, That's the plan.

Thanks bud, looking forward to meeting you as well. Drive safe and I'll see ya Sunday!

Quote:
Chuck, I hear that Denise makes THE BEST chocolate chip cookies!! Unfortunately, for me, by the time I find her at the car shows, the other guys have completely devowered them Maybe this year I'll find her before all are gone .
and last year there was a HUGE bag that had your name on them and when we didn't hook up I had to pass them around the campfire on Saturday night cuz I didn't want to have to eat them all myself. Hopefully this year we'll hook up in the AM and you can eat them all day long.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:15 PM   #222
41ford1

Yup, see you on Sunday at Vic's. This weekend has been fun so far. Lots of miles, meeting some new friends.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:41 AM   #223
Tom Morookian

Default Re: 2013 Florida “Barner’s Bash” Pics

A couple of pics of Vic and the folks just before eating and drinking all my stuff. Great gang and really a fun time.

I took a picture of Vic's motor but his "motor mouth" was so big it took up too much space. My ears HURT!

Thanks for coming by even though I'm a "hotrod".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg barnersBash 001.jpg (67.0 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg barnersBash 002.jpg (76.2 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg barnersBash 003.jpg (81.8 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg barnersBash 004.jpg (76.5 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg barnersBash 005.jpg (61.5 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg barnersBash 006.jpg (67.0 KB, 52 views)
Old 03-24-2013, 07:45 AM   #224
JM 35 Sedan

Thanks for the pictures Tom! What??....you say Vic talks alot?? That's almost unbelievable!!!

Old 03-24-2013, 08:03 AM   #225
Steves46

Default Re: 2013 Florida “Barner’s Bash” Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Morookian View Post
A couple of pics of Vic and the folks just before eating and drinking all my stuff. Great gang and really a fun time.

I took a picture of Vic's motor but his "motor mouth" was so big it took up too much space. My ears HURT!

Thanks for coming by even though I'm a "hotrod".

Tom, thank you and your lovely wife for having us over for the wonderful BBQ and to share lots of laughs. If you happen to ever be in the Tampabay area, please look us up. Steve
Old 03-24-2013, 08:24 AM   #226
Vic Piano

Hi Tom, thanks for everything, we all had a blast and I'm still suffering food coma after eating all the hot dogs, burgers, etc. When we got back to Sarasota, the fog had started to roll in. As I was driving to my sisters' place on Longboat Key the fog got so bad that I deccided to spend the night. I got up at 5:30 this morning and drive home. Now I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at my place at 10:00am. I'll post some photos of our weekend adventure later today. Thanks again for a wonderful afternoon.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:26 AM   #227
Vic Piano

I also want to thank GM for inviting us to tour part of his beautiful collection of Flatheads, etc., and for treating all of us to lunch. Vic
Old 03-24-2013, 04:39 PM   #228
Vic Piano

Here it is Sunday afternoon and another Florida "Barner's Bash" has reached a successful conclusion. This year we had several newcomers join us, Tailgater Dude and his wife Joann (spelling) and Tom Morookian and his wife. As scheduled, most of us met at the designated hotel in Sarasota at 9:00am on Friday. The Dude led us to an excellent breakfast place and after plenty of coffee, etc. we headed down to Punta Gorda to GM’s place.

Inside the building with the gas pumps are some beautiful Fords and other memorabilia that GM has collected.

The group assembled out front, (I suggested they line up alphabetically by height…) as George opened the door to start the tour.

Not everyone in attendance was available for the photo. Here, from left to right, are:
Don, Mike, Chuck Stevens, me, Cliff, Steve, Karen & Chuck (41ford1). Once inside GM’s garage, we were all like kids in a candy store, beautiful flatheads everywhere, even a few T-Birds a Model T and a ’54 Corvette among the bunch. I hope some of the other Barner’s will post photos they took at GM’s because I only got a few shots… Here’s some “eye candy” for you;

After the tour George treated all of us to lunch in a beautiful club on the river. Sorry, I don’t have any photos of the lunch as I was too busy eating, (ok, and talking) to take any photos. Hopefully someone did snap a few and will post them here. After lunch we headed back up to Sarasota for the night. On Saturday, we met again at the designated hotel, this time at 8:00am, to cruise down to Ft. Myers to tour the Edison-Ford Winter Estates.

My computer is having some sort of melt down with Photobucket so, I’ll stop at this point and see if I can get the problem solved… Hopefully, I'll be able to post more photos and continue the recap of the “Barner’s Bash” in just a bit.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:16 PM   #229
Vic Piano

Ok, I'll give this another try...

When we were just about a block away from the entrance to the Edison-Ford Estates, I spotted a beautiful '36 Five Window Coupe... Tom M. was standing beside the coupe waving and motioning for us to pull into the parking lot. Tom is a super guy and the job he did on the '36 is outstanding. He was gracious enough to offer to host a BBQ for the group after we finished touring the Edison-Ford Estates. Tom took a head count, handed us printed directions to his house and told us to be ready to eat when we got there. Here are some studious fellows at Edisons...

Here are some photos we took while taking the "audio tour" of the estates.

[IMG]http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n286/Vic_046/Amelia%20Island%
Steve put his Ford cap on Henry for a photo but... Henry would not cooperate...
202013/Cigar%20City%20Flatheads/044_zpsd8547133.jpg[/IMG]
there were two "T"s on display in the garage at the Ford Estate, we were told that an additional two, an "T" & "A" were on display at the Ft. Myers Airport (on loan from the Estate)
Old 03-24-2013, 06:19 PM   #230
Vic Piano

Still having some computer issues...

Here's a shot of Chuck behind one of Fords "Chuck Wagons" used on the famous camping trips he took with Edison, Firestone, etc.

After to tour we drove over to Tom's house where he treated us to some verbal jousting along with a close look at his '36 and some super BBQ. Tom said his work on the '36 was not a restoration but a resurrection... If you saw the before & after photos you would agree. the '36 five Window is a real beauty.

Once again I was busy eating and talking so I didn't get a chance to take photos. I hope someone will post a few of Tom's Coupe and the BBQ. Thanks Tom, we had a blast! After overindulging, we hit the road and headed back to Sarasota.

The weather had taken a turn for the worst and a thick fog was rolling in. I decided to stay at my sister and brother-N-Laws place on Longboat Key for the night. At 5:15am I got up and hit the road because everyone was scheduled to be at my house at 10:00am, to hang out and then go to lunch at the Tarpon Turtle, a local eatery on Lake Tarpon in Tarpon Springs. We had a special visit from our Topless Cruisin' Buddy Denise, the Hot Rod Lady Cruiser. Denise brought a dozen of her famous cookies for JM35 (John Mason) however John couldn't make it to the "Bash" this year so... All I can say is... the cookies were delicious... John shouldn't be upset for too long because, as it turned out, he was selected as the recipient of the 2013 "Miss Shelly Award". As you should know, Bill Wzorek is the creator of the Award as well as the designer and builder of each unique "Trophy". Congratulations to JM and thanks for all your helpful contributions and sharing of knowledge on the FordBarn.
Here are a few photos from today.

The Crew...

Eating AGAIN...

Here is a photo of the 2013 "Miss Shelly Award" crafted by Bill Wzorek and awarded to JM35 John Mason.

Thanks to everyone that took part in this year's "Barner's Bash", I appreciate your continuing effort and support and look forward to our next event... did someone say Moonshine Festival...
Old 03-25-2013, 08:05 AM   #231
TomT/Williamsburg

You guys seemed to have WAY too much fun! Thanks for the pics and the talk about eating - now I'm looking for some BBQ!
Old 03-25-2013, 08:57 AM   #232
JM 35 Sedan

Wow! What a surprise it was to see a picture of this award posted here. Not sure what I have done to deserve winning this but I am very honered to be chosen. I can't tell you how much I enjoy owning, driving, and yes, even working on these early Ford V8's. I also enjoy helping others experience this same enjoyment. A big thanks to Bill Wzorek for making these nice awards each year and thanks to those who felt I deserve to receive this.

Old 03-25-2013, 06:35 PM   #233
Steves46

Here are some more pics from the 2013 Barners Bash.

Old 03-25-2013, 06:43 PM   #234
Steves46

And a few more....

Old 03-28-2013, 12:08 PM   #235
41ford1

Another Florida Bash done. My wife and I had a fun time, but we're both tired of riding and driving. The high points were meeting Tom Moorokian and Denice(Hotrodcriuserlady). Tom's '36 may not be flathead powered, but it is a very well built resurrection of what was a rusting away hulk. A beautiful car in and out. Thanks to Tom and his wife for hosting an excellent BBQ at their place. I'd say Vic met his conversational match with Tom..

Here are a few pics of the Sunday lunch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013 BB lunch1.jpg (223.5 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 2013 BB lunch2.jpg (230.9 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg 2013 BB Lunch3.jpg (214.3 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 2013 BB lunch4.jpg (230.2 KB, 25 views)
Old 03-28-2013, 03:41 PM   #236
Vic Piano

Old 04-02-2013, 02:32 PM   #237
Vic Piano

Old 04-02-2013, 02:52 PM   #238
trainguy

The pictures are awsome,looks like a great time was had by all.I will have to put it on my bucket list,maybe next year. Phil
trainguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:47 PM   #239
Vic Piano

Old 06-11-2013, 10:45 PM   #240
Brendan

when is the 2014 Barn Bash, I may be coming!

i can't spell my way out of a paper bag!
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:04 AM   #241
Vic Piano

Brendan, we haven't even thought about the 2014 "Barner's Bash" yet... first we want to get to the Moonshine Festival in Dawsonville, Georgia in October. If we decide to have another "Barner's Bash", I'll promote it on the FordBarn. Either way, let me know when you are going to be in Florida. Vic