Go Back   The Ford Barn > To The Editors > Questions & Suggestions

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-14-2010, 05:27 PM   #1
FL&WVMIKE

Default What I Miss About The Old FORDBARN

What was better about the old FORDBARN, was about being able to have, even fifty, or more, responses to a single statement, all in the same thread. Now, they are separated by other statements. We lost that continuity. You could respond to the original statement or to another response. And, still be in the same thread.
BUT, the ease with photos is SUPER !
Just my opinion,
MIKE
FL&WVMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:34 PM   #2
HOTRODPRIMER

Default Re: What I Miss About The Old FORDBARN

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL&WVMIKE View Post
What was better about the old FORDBARN, was about being able to have, even fifty, or more, responses to a single statement, all in the same thread. Now, they are separated by other statements. We lost that continuity. You could respond to the original statement or to another response. And, still be in the same thread.
Just my opinion,
MIKE
Mike,,,you can respond at anytime to the original statement by clicking on that post where it says ,,or click to include others.

The old Barn has burnt down and now we have to get use to the new one. HRP
Old 05-14-2010, 05:36 PM   #3
Frank The Plumber

Hi Mike, you can do a lot of cool stuff here, you can form groups, you can have private convos, you can post pics and albums, I think that this will turn out way better, I think the guys just have to want to gel into groups and figure out how to use this tool to their advantage. This thing can be anything they want, they just have to work it their way.
Frank The Plumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:37 PM   #4
Frank The Plumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank The Plumber View Post
Hi Mike, you can do a lot of cool stuff here, you can form groups, you can have private convos, you can post pics and albums, I think that this will turn out way better, I think the guys just have to want to gel into groups and figure out how to use this tool to their advantage. This thing can be anything they want, they just have to work it their way.
Like this
Frank The Plumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:39 PM   #5
Jason in TX

Under "User CP" at the top of your screen, you can go to "Edit Options" scroll down half way to the bottom of the page and turn on that confusing feature by selecting "threaded" as the way you want the board displayed. then you have to do lots more clicking on each answer and reading the tree break down as to who responded to who, rather than just scrolling the page down.

This is what it would look like...

Last edited by Jason in TX; 05-14-2010 at 06:03 PM.
Jason in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:43 PM   #6
52merc

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodprimer View Post
mike,,,you can respond at anytime to the original statement by clicking on that post where it says ,,or click to include others.

The old barn has burnt down and now we have to get use to the new one. Hrp
yes but from the ashes a new phoniex arose,,
52merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:45 PM   #7
Jason in TX

You may also want to turn on subscriptions to posts you respond to or start. that is also under User CP (stands for Control Panel) and then Edit Options.

In the second "Messaging & Notification" section, change the Subscription box from "Do Not Subscribe" to "No Email Notification."

Now, whenever you come to the ford barn, click on User CP first to see if anyone responded to a comment you made. It will list all the comments that you are taking place in first. Then you can go read other comments, make comments, and grow your subscribed library of topics.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:46 PM   #8
52merc

Quote:
Originally Posted by fl&wvmike View Post
what was better about the old fordbarn, was about being able to have, even fifty, or more, responses to a single statement, all in the same thread. Now, they are separated by other statements. We lost that continuity. You could respond to the original statement or to another response. And, still be in the same thread.
but, the ease with photos is super !
just my opinion,
mike
i agree with you mike i just tries the quote thingy but my message still ended up at the bottom of page we will what happens this time
52merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:48 PM   #9
HOTRODPRIMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by 52merc View Post
Am I to read optimism in that statement? HRP
Old 05-14-2010, 05:49 PM   #10
Jason in TX

You can also reverse the order and have the newest comments be at the bottom of the page if you like. This is entirely customizable to you with the old ways still as an option.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:51 PM   #11
Tim Ayers

Quote:
Just my opinion,
MIKE
Mike:

I know what you are saying and what you mean.

There were some folks on Shelly's 'Barn that no matter what they said, quite frankly, I didn't wouldn't give two poops about their opinion.

It was easier to just skip over their B.S.postings by not clicking on their name.

This layout, like the HAMB, forces you to read all of the comments made by the same d*ck h*ads you were trying to avoid in the first place.

I know that may sound a tad anti-social, but its true
Tim Ayers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:51 PM   #12
HOTRODPRIMER

Quote:
Just my opinion,
MIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTRODPRIMER View Post
Mike,,,you can respond at anytime to the original statement by clicking on that post where it says ,,or click to include others.

The old Barn has burnt down and now we have to get use to the new one. HRP
Quote:
Quote:
Like this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrod View Post
Under "User CP" at the top of your screen, you can go to "Edit Options" scroll down half way to the bottom of the page and turn on that confusing feature by selecting "threaded" as the way you want the board displayed. then you have to do lots more clicking on each answer and reading the tree break down as to who responded to who, rather than just scrolling the page down.

But if you are looking for more clicks and navigation, you can turn that feature on.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrod View Post
You may also want to turn on subscriptions to posts you respond to or start. that is also under User CP (stands for Control Panel) and then Edit Options.

In the second "Messaging & Notification" section, change the Subscription box from "Do Not Subscribe" to "No Email Notification."

Now, whenever you come to the ford barn, click on User CP first to see if anyone responded to a comment you made. It will list all the comments that you are taking place in first. Then you can go read other comments, make comments, and grow your subscribed library of topics.
Quote:
i agree with you mike i just tries the quote thingy but my message still ended up at the bottom of page we will what happens this time
,But they will be all together even if it is at the bottom of the page,,,I am just trying to help with the best of my ability,,HRP
Old 05-14-2010, 06:00 PM   #13
Jason in TX

By changing the view to "Threaded" in the "Edit Options" screen, you get the old FordBarn thread layout at the top of the screen.

Old 05-14-2010, 06:01 PM   #14
George/Maine

Quote:
Just my opinion,
MIKE
Mike lets see if i can add to your thread using quote button.
George/Maine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:01 PM   #15
HOTRODPRIMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Ayers View Post
Mike:

I know what you are saying and what you mean.

There were some folks on Shelly's 'Barn that no matter what they said, quite frankly, I didn't wouldn't give two poops about their opinion.

It was easier to just skip over their B.S.postings by not clicking on their name.

This layout, like the HAMB, forces you to read all of the comments made by the same d*ck h*ads you were trying to avoid in the first place.

I know that may sound a tad anti-social, but its true
Tim,,it does sound anti-social but I know how you feel,,but you don't have to be forced to read anything I say or anyone else for that matter that you have a dislike for,,,

look at the user list beside someones name and click on it,,you can add them to your friends list,contact list or ignore list,,if it is ignore their post won't show up when you open a post. Last Activity: Today 06:51 PM
Current Activity: Viewing Thread What I Miss About The Old FORDBARN

Try and remember ,,everyone has an opinion,,I have always tried to listen before I cross the road. HRP

Last edited by HOTRODPRIMER; 05-14-2010 at 06:06 PM.
HOTRODPRIMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 07:59 PM   #16
hombres ruin

This format is way more user friendly,and clearer and concise.It layed out better,so we can utilise more knowledge and more pictures.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:17 PM   #17
paul2748

Quote:
Just my opinion,
MIKE
Your wrong - all responses to a thread are included with that thread if the person responding clicks first on the post reply and then responds. Unlike the old Barn, when someone answers a thread it automatically goes to the top so all can see that there is a new response. I have been advocating that for years.
paul2748 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 08:46 PM   #18
flatjack9

Yep, I think this is much better. On the old barn, you needed to do a lot of scrolling if a subject was active for a few days. It tended to get buried. Now it goes right to the top. And if I don't like to read what someone says, it's easy to scroll right by it.
flatjack9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 08:56 PM   #19
Dirty Duck

Maybe it's just because it's all new, but the "feel" of the old 'Barn is definitely MIA- I guess we're not in Kansas anymore,Toto. Seems we're left to pick up the pieces and try to make the best of the new HAMBARN...
Dirty Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:51 PM   #20
Tim Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Duck View Post
Maybe it's just because it's all new, but the "feel" of the old 'Barn is definitely MIA- I guess we're not in Kansas anymore,Toto. Seems we're left to pick up the pieces and try to make the best of the new HAMBARN...

Dirty Duck:

Well, I guess we'll all have to to give it a chance. Can'ts we all just get
along?

Laughed out loud after reading HAMBARN. Thanks.
Tim Ayers is online now   Reply With Quote