Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-27-2021, 05:01 PM   #41
V8COOPMAN

Default Re: Post pics?. . . from computer to Ford Barn?

Pat....I have clicked on the
POST REPLY" button to reply to THIS post of yours, which was obviously an already-open thread.

Normally, as in this situation, I would have responded to THIS question by first opening with the
"QUOTE" button. I will RIGHT NOW go and answer you with the QUOTE button so that you can see how important it is to acknowledge a question.....so that you understand what I am referring to with an answer. DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 05:06 PM   #42
highbeams

I click your "post reply" . . . nothing. Quick reply worked. Now. I save a pic to my computer. It is in libraries. That is where it was sent directly.
highbeams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 05:06 PM   #43
V8COOPMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by highbeams View Post
So you are posting w/ 'post reply' to a post that has absolutely nothing to do with what you want to post. ???

Now, I have replied this time using the "QUOTE" button. You can see your message (question) above, so that we both understand what my answer is in reference to. I TRY to be as concise as possible when communicating. If people aren't CLEAR about a subject, or are not referring to something specific, then who the hell knows WTF any of us are trying to explain. DD

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
Old 07-27-2021, 05:37 PM   #44
V8COOPMAN

Quote:
I click your "post reply" . . . nothing.

I've used the "QUOTE" button to answer this question from you, so that you know what MY answer is in reference to.

I have no explanation why your clicking on "POST REPLY" brought-up ..."nothing". By "nothing", do you mean just a blank window with all of the icons at the top, or do you mean that "nothing" happened? That is what I mean by using concise answers rather than one-word grunts that EXPLAIN very little.

And here we are, STILL posting all of this in DIFFERENT threads, instead of continuing ALL of this in ONE, continuous thread like I suggested last night.
It's getting frustrating having to bounce back and forth between several threads to try to keep-up with, and to attempt to answer all of your questions concerning a single subject...."how to post pictures"!. DD

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
Old 07-27-2021, 05:40 PM   #45
V8COOPMAN

Quote:
So you are posting w/ 'post reply' to a post that has absolutely nothing to do with what you want to post. ???
"POST REPLY" merely gives me a blank page to make a statement...strictly a blank page to say whatever comes to mind, and with the TOOLS available at the top to post pictures ....IF I SO DESIRE.

For ME, the "POST REPLY" button opens-up a venue to say what is on my mind, post pictures if I so desire, all without having to push extra "GO ADVANCED" buttons, etc. "POST REPLY" is a catch-all button that provides ME with all of the tools or options that I would need to make over 90% of the kind of posts that I normally make here.

DO NOT CONFUSE the "POST REPLY" button with the "START A NEW THREAD" button. DD

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
Old 07-27-2021, 05:56 PM   #46
V8COOPMAN

Quote:
Now. I save a pic to my computer. It is in libraries. That is where it was sent directly.
In the posting of pictures on FordBarn, it makes no difference what area of your computer ("Libraries") that you have stored the image. YOU are the person responsible for the management of your computer's set-up and capability. The important part is knowing that you have to retrieve that image from the "Libraries" section of your computer when using the PAPER CLIP "Upload" function. DD

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
Old 07-27-2021, 07:31 PM   #47
JSeery
Member Emeritus

Easiest way to do it, at least starting out, is to save the photo file to your desktop. Then it is right there and easy to local.
JSeery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 02:09 AM   #48
highbeams

Actually, it's there in My Pictures and is very available.

After I click Upload, the file and number of the picture fill in the Upload blank space; not the picture. Now the (70 +-) pictures in the file do not load because they are too large.

A suggestion by a member, I've tried emailing a pic to myself to decrease the size for loading. Nope.

Other suggestions by others work for them, but not for me on my Windows 7 Professional. I've sent a couple pics from My Pictures/the file and picture number to a member at his request to see if he would get the two pics and could post. Success! He got the two pics and did the post!

But, alas, not I. I like mysteries, but not this one. Maybe if I disguise my face with sunglasses and a beard hooked behind my ears, I'd fool the automatic mechanism. I could try that.

If I don't try that, surely the Upload will say to itself: Huh! Here he is again tryin' to post those pictures I don't like.

At that point, I'll have to walk out of the room and get the beard and sunglasses looking like ZZTop, hummin' one of their tunes.

If that doesn't work, at least I'd enjoy it. (Every girl's lookin' for a sharp-dressed ma . . . hmmm hmmm hmmmm.
Old 07-31-2021, 02:17 AM   #49
Tinker

I'm not a microsoft guy but that means you're at least on a computer and not a phone. You have to downsize the image too around 900pxl and a jpg. It can be bigger and the site will do a little work for you. If it is a jpg. Lead a horse to water
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 02:18 AM   #50
Tinker

--- google and youtube are your friend. The repetitive idea of you posting pictures is integrating though
Attached Images
File Type: jpg -1.jpg (59.9 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by Tinker; 07-31-2021 at 02:33 AM.
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 02:50 AM   #51
V8COOPMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
--- google and youtube are your friend. The repetitive idea of you posting pictures is integrating though

Hell, that's "NANOOK".....the AA/FA owned and driven by Dave Hough in the '60s. DD

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
Old 07-31-2021, 02:59 AM   #52
highbeams

It is jpg.
Old 07-31-2021, 03:06 AM   #53
highbeams

It is right there and available, the file and picture number. When I upload that to the Upload blank, The file and picture number fill in the Upload blank space; not the picture, even though in My Pictures file, the picture is there with the picture number.
Old 07-31-2021, 03:43 AM   #54
V8COOPMAN

Quote:
Actually, it's there in My Pictures and is very available.

After I click Upload, the file and number of the picture fill in the Upload blank space; not the picture. Now the (70 +-) pictures in the file do not load because they are too large.

At that point, I'll have to walk out of the room and get the beard and sunglasses looking like ZZTop, hummin' one of their tunes.
Dusty Hill just passed-away here in Houston this past week.

__________________________________________________ ______

Back on the subject at hand....YOU trying to post pictures....I am having a very hard time trying to FULLY understand your methods. I've asked you before to try to be concise & serious with your statements and answers, yet you continue to attempt being humorous, and you are very confusing with describing your process precisely. For instance, your statement from above:

"After I click Upload, the file and number of the picture fill in the Upload blank space; not the picture. Now the (70 +-) pictures in the file do not load because they are too large."

First, I have to ask...Are you trying to load 70 +- pictures? Have you YET tried loading JUST ONE picture using the precise procedure I posted several evenings ago? And what is meant by "; not the picture."?

I know that I continue asking you specific questions, relevant to the specific symptoms of your then-current message, and you answer with different rhetoric and more confusion. We ain't never gonna get you headed in the right direction if you can't work with me or the others in more-organized, methodical and logical question and answer sessions. I know that myself & OTHERS have sat down here and spent some serious time trying to help you. We only ask that you try to be serious and focused with your replies & communications with us in this thread. Jeff has taken the time to put-together TWO extremely well-done videos specifically for your benefit. I can assure you that if you will CAREFULLY follow his second video step by step, you should be postin' pictures out the yang by now. DD

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
Old 07-31-2021, 03:51 AM   #55
Mart

Ok Pat. Try this.
Scroll up to the image of the dragster above.
Right click on it.
Select save image as and save it to your computer. make sure you know where it was saved to.
Then click on go advanced on this thread.
Then click on manage attachments.
Then click on Choose file and select the image you just saved.
Then click on upload.
Then click on submit reply.
and Voila!
The reason for asking you to use a known image is because it is of a size that is acceptable.
If you can post an image as a thumbnail as I just have, making it appear full size an optional step but one that I wouldn't worry about for now. Plenty of people here enjoy doing that for others.
Mart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nanook.jpg (46.8 KB, 4 views)
Mart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 03:52 AM   #56
highbeams

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8COOPMAN View Post
I've used the "QUOTE" button to answer this question from you, so that you know what MY answer is in reference to.

I have no explanation why your clicking on "POST REPLY" brought-up ..."nothing". By "nothing", do you mean just a blank window with all of the icons at the top, or do you mean that "nothing" happened? That is what I mean by using concise answers rather than one-word grunts that EXPLAIN very little.

And here we are, STILL posting all of this in DIFFERENT threads, instead of continuing ALL of this in ONE, continuous thread like I suggested last night.
It's getting frustrating having to bounce back and forth between several threads to try to keep-up with, and to attempt to answer all of your questions concerning a single subject...."how to post pictures"!. DD
Thank you. Coop, V8Coopman, DD, I must explain, I haven't posted a new thread lately. I continue to post in my two existing threads.

It would be beneficial to have the onus on Ford Barn itself; to wit, there are all sorts and sizes and methods that people post, or try to post.

The managerie is direct into Ford Barn.

Ford Barn accepts all pictures, and sizes - each and everyone - to 'fix'in order to their post requirements. Ford Barn IS The Ford Barn website;therefore, it is not the responsibility of Tom, Dick, Harry, Mary, Jeri to be responsible for jackin' the size up and down and around; jiggling methods: "This one works for me!"

Accept the responsibility; organize your site as most everyone else does.

Example: This is our All Service service station, but you, the customer has to fix your own flat, pump your own gas, change your own oil that you brought along. We just manage the place.

Anyone else care to comment?

Thank you.

highbeams/Pat Malone.

* If this site was run by the USMC, there would be convincing drill instructors that would drill it in and 'square it away' regarding this picture-size requirement; always accompanied by DO YOU UNDERSTAND, SWEETPEA!???, extremely loud, nose to nose,eyeball into your eyeball 'campaign cover' (Smokey-the-Bear 'hat' but it isn't a hat) below the eyebrows, up in back. DO IT, SWEETNESS! No more of this picture-cutting kindergarten bull- it's OUT! GET IT OUTTA HERE! DO . . . YOU . . . UNDERSTAND??? THERE IS NO TIME NOR DESIRE FOR THESE MEMBERS TO PUT UP WITH THIS. If they had voting rights, you'd be out the door, and this site would cater to its membership as opposed to treating them as children.

It hasn't failed since 1775. Now, that's a method.

Last edited by highbeams; 07-31-2021 at 06:02 AM. Reason: self-explanatory.
Old 07-31-2021, 04:39 AM   #57
highbeams

Mart:

"Post as a thumbnail." As I have explained. I open My Pictures.

I select the picture with its picture number in the file as is needed to upload into Ford Barn's Upload blank space. I click Upload. I Click the picture in the file to post to wit; The file and picture and picture number. The file and picture number fill the Ford Barn Upload space, but the picture is not there.

Now, that is all that I should be required to do. I gave you the picture, picture number in the file where the picture is located.

Your site, not mine. It is your obligation to receive what I have given you, accept it, do whatever your software deems necessary to accept. It is not my obligation to do your work. Please read my other post this past late hour.

If a person wants to visit you at your business, you have to answer the door or give him/her a key to enter. It is not the visitor's obligation to carry your key. Do you understand? Your business office accommodates the interested party. They are not obligated to accommodate you.

You surely must understand that if the internet ran the internet the way you run your site, demanding that each and every interested party knock on your door the EXACT way that you want to hear the knock. Preposterous.

THANK, YOU.

Pat Malone/highbeams.
Old 07-31-2021, 05:40 AM   #58
V8COOPMAN

Quote:
Thank you. Coop, Coopman, DD, I must explain, it would be beneficial to have the onus on Ford Barn itself; to wit, there are all sorts and sizes and methods that people post, or try to post.

The managerie is direct into Ford Barn.

Ford Barn accepts all pictures, and sizes - each and every one - to 'fix' to their post requirements. Ford Barn IS The Ford Barn website;therefore, it is not the responsibility of Tom, Dick, and Harry to be responsible for jackin' the size up and down and around; jiggling methods: "This one works for me!"

Accept the responsibility; organize your site as most everyone else does.

Example: This is our service station, but you, the customer has to fix your own flat, pump your own gas, change your own oil that you brought along. We just manage the place.

Anyone else care to comment?

Thank you.

highbeams/Pat Malone.

* If this site was run by the USMC, there would be convincing drill instructors that would drill it in and 'square it away' always accompanied by DO YOU UNDERSTAND, SWEETPEA!, extremely loud, nose to nose,eyeball into your eyeball campaign cover below the eyebrows, up in back. DO IT, SWEETNESS!

It hasn't failed since 1775. Now, that's a method.

Pat ....I will critique your methods NO MORE! I will attempt to help you NO MORE. Your quote just above exemplifies exactly what I tried to explain of your approach to trying to work within the relatively simple picture-posting process here at the 'Barn. It should be evident, even to those with limited 'worldly-comprehension' and with very little in the way of open-mindedness, that many of us 'mere mortal' FordBarn dummies are able to post pics with much regularity and little fanfare. Your seeming inability to accept and adapt-to this wonderful place we ALL fondly call the FordBarn with ALL that it affords it's members and visitors (FREE, no less) is a shame. MANY thanks to Ryan Cochran, aka "The Boss", for his never-ending efforts to keep us straight, and in keeping the 'Barn running smoothly for those of us who appreciate things as they are. Even though you have been unsuccessful at "squaring things away" with this picture-posting 'drill instruction', this exercise has afforded the rest of us the opportunity to share new and different methods of manipulating & posting images for everyone's enjoyment.

And one last little comment with regard to your latest reply in Post #57....it is "preposterous" that you can't comprehend the difference between a "business" operating on predictable remunerative return for a product or service rendered, vs a FREE, privately-owned internet FORUM, of which you have chosen to take any allowable advantage of, as long as you have acknowledged & follow the posted rules, in addition to keeping your nose clean..........GI-HUGIC difference, mon ami!

Many thanks to Jeff and several others for their sincere efforts herein, and again to Ryan. DD

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
Old 07-31-2021, 06:58 AM   #59
highbeams

Quote:
It is jpg.
Is there a way to delete my posts?

Thank you.
Old 07-31-2021, 08:37 AM   #60
Mart

Sorry Pat, you don't have the right temperament to be part of a forum.
I don't want to be lectured by someone I am spending MY time trying to help.
I won't try and help you again.
Mart.
Mart is offline   Reply With Quote