Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2020, 12:53 PM   #1
1936 ford pickup

Default It RUNS ....and then it DIES....

Hello to all....

Pictured for my '36 Ford pickup is ALL NEW, the 16 gallon (Galvanized) fuel tank, fuel tank vent, fuel filter, electric fuel pump, fuel pressure gauge (set at 2 1/2 PSI), original style glass bowl type fuel pump (that I gutted and only run fuel through, because I like the looks of it) and Super 97 carburetor. Reason I send this is because about 1 1/2 weeks ago I started and warmed up my pickup to take about a 6 mile drive. Ran fine and drove for about 4 1/2 miles then just died when I pulled up to a stop sign. Sat on side of road for about 5 minutes, pumped the gas pedal about 10 times then pickup started back up. Ran about 1 mile (2 blocks from home) then died again. Sat for another 5 minutes, pumped the gas pedal about 10 times then started up and drove home. I thought that I had run out of gas in the tank (my fuel gauge is not hooked up yet) so added 10 more gallons of gas. Took the same driving route and pickup ran fine all the way back home with no issues. Last Saturday 11/14 I started and warmed up my '36 pickup, drove about 1 1/2 miles then it dies again. My '36 pickup only has 59 miles on it since ALL NEW items were added. I am looking for your thoughts, comments and advice on what you think is going on, I suspect the electric fuel pump (even though new).

Please let me know back,

Thank you,

Bruce in California

What are your thoughts
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0590.jpg (43.9 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0592.jpg (84.4 KB, 135 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0589.jpg (62.2 KB, 142 views)
1936 ford pickup is offline   Reply With Quote