Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2019, 08:15 PM   #1
Randy

Default 1950 Ford F1 value?

9/11/19 UPDATE to original post: Thanks everyone for your input. I spoke to the 2nd and current owner today and his story is different from the info I received from another family member. The owner knew the family that owned the truck and used to do work for them so he's the one with the most historical knowledge. Unfortunately, he says the whole truck was repainted after the fender bender decades ago. The original owners were farmers and used the truck to occasionally transport produce from Luckenbach to San Antonio and so the tops of the fenders were scratched up from loading and unloading the bed. After the fender bender they decided to repaint the truck. I do not know about the inside of the truck or the inside of the bed. I apologize for the changing story and have been around long enough to know that it must be much more closely scrutinized having been repainted especially with how trucks are typically treated when used as work vehicles. So, I am going to go see it in person in a few weeks and will update this thread at that time with lots of pics. Thanks again to all!

ORIGINAL POST:
I'm looking at this truck, but don't really know values of these? Is anyone willing to give me an opinion of value or range for this very original 1950 Ford F1? It's in Luckenbach, Texas where it was bought new and has remained since new. 2nd owner is selling it, bought it from the estate after original owners passed away. It's always been garage kept, maintained and kept running/driving, never been restored, had a fender bender once 40 years ago and so one front fender has been painted by the local Ford dealer way back then. Other than that repair, no other body work and no rust. V8 runs good and stops. Very, very clean pickup. I only have these 3 photos for now, but they give you an idea of how clean it is, the rest looks the same, bedsides are cherry as is the inside of the bed. Any input is appreciated, thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0980x.jpg (54.7 KB, 209 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0981.jpg (42.3 KB, 215 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0982x.jpg (69.5 KB, 210 views)

Last edited by Randy; 09-11-2019 at 06:05 PM.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote