Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-02-2020, 01:02 PM   #21
flatheadmurre

Default Re: PayPal technical problem

So if you misspell and they send a message to another person that creates an acct...end of that is someone else is getting your funds...what a lovely way of keeping customers happy.
Bottomline is whatever happens they make their cut...
Anyone have a clue of what their daily turnover is ??
They must be making a few bucks so they can afford to tune it to work as customers want it...
flatheadmurre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 01:51 PM   #22
tubman

Wow Murre, you're right. After what happened to me, I was concentrating on my situation where the target ID does not exist. The case you bring up leaves the final result to the honesty of an unknown third party. Not a good situation at all.
tubman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 09:08 AM   #23
ct1932ford

I received an email this morning saying it was paypal and to log in to verify my account because of suspicious behavior. It was a scam! The paypal logo was not correct. I deleted it and went to my account,. ( no issues)
Old 02-03-2020, 09:25 AM   #24
Frank Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct1932ford View Post
I received an email this morning saying it was paypal and to log in to verify my account because of suspicious behavior. It was a scam! The paypal logo was not correct. I deleted it and went to my account,. ( no issues)
I get those without a paypal account. As a precaution, I never click on links in my email. I go directly to my bank or credit card account. Sometimes I just call my credit card company directly. Those are the only ways to ensure you are dealing with whom you're dealing with. Even if you receive a phone call from one of these places, hang up and call a known number and tell them what happened before you give out any sensitive information.
Old 02-03-2020, 11:10 PM   #25
Tinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatheadmurre View Post
So if you misspell and they send a message to another person that creates an acct...end of that is someone else is getting your funds...what a lovely way of keeping customers happy.
Bottomline is whatever happens they make their cut...
Anyone have a clue of what their daily turnover is ??
They must be making a few bucks so they can afford to tune it to work as customers want it...

Ever receive something in the mail that's not yours?

I have, including a new laptop. Was supposed to be delivered a street down. At the time I lived in a metro area where there was a 1st street,2nd street, Arlington st, then 3rd. Being on 3rd I received a few things from the same number on Arlington st. Guess they assumed 3 streets up. Called ups and they redelivered.

Emails are the same thing but more specif and anonymous. Small towns are nice, you can get most stuff from the post office if they get your name close and the zip right. Not the same with emails

6-7 yrs ago I wanted some cast wheels for IH hit in miss i had. A Amish crew does casting for them out of Pennsylvania. Send a letter with what you want and your address. Packed shipped later with a bill. Then send a check. Crazy I guess. Great wheels.

Last edited by Tinker; 02-03-2020 at 11:32 PM.
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 02:26 AM   #26
Brian

Deleted; wrong thread
Old 02-05-2020, 03:29 PM   #27
jim1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by itslow View Post
This is a designed feature, not a technical problem. What happens is that the funds you send are tied to an email address. If that address isn't associated with an active PayPal account, an email is sent to that address prompting its owner to create a PayPal account in order to retrieve the funds.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/...nt/td-p/183430
and that could never be used by a fraudster to get your bank info..... right....