Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-19-2014, 12:17 PM   #1
Bruce Lancaster
Member Emeritus

Default Bratton's

This past Wednesday, I ordered a few parts and tools from Bratton's at about 10:00 Am. My wife noticed it on our front steps in Northern NJ mid-afternoon on Thursday. That's only slightly slower than if I had hopped in the car, driven down to grab the parts, and driven right back! They've done this before, delivery speed bordering on the paranormal. Maybe they have gotten ahead of Amazon and their drone fleet is already making the deliveries...computerized Pietenpols buzzing around all over the place!
Anyway, it is a great place to do business with!
Bruce Lancaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 12:43 PM   #2
Mitch//pa
BANNED

Default Re: Bratton's

same here in pa i have my order on the second business day... they don't seem to stare at the parts on the counter or half ship an order without a phone call telling me.

Last edited by Mitch//pa; 09-19-2014 at 12:56 PM.
Mitch//pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 01:46 PM   #3
29Cabriolet

The biggest single factor here is how close you are to their distribution warehouse. Of course orders must ship the same day the order is placed, but I've had the same next day experiences without having to pay for next day service. Not only with Model A parts but also musical gear (for my other hobby). Both ware houses are less than 100 miles from home.
29Cabriolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 01:57 PM   #4
pgerhardt

I wish a model A parts supplier would become an Amazon affiliate. As a "prime" subscriber I would love to search for a given part on Amazon and have it come free second day shipping with one click! On the other hand that would be very dangerous to my credit card!
pgerhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 02:23 PM   #5
darrylkmc

I just placed my first ever order with Brattons's, probably a week out for me here at the edge of the earth.

Got an itching to get my hands on RESTORING THE MODEL "A" & "B" CARBURETOR THE "REX" REHEIS WAY.

Darryl in Fairbanks
darrylkmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 02:26 PM   #6
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Being close to Mikes (they GA me Fl) I get almost next day service.
Old 09-19-2014, 03:05 PM   #7
brito36

Delivery time depends on location, and who is delivering the parts. I live north of Chicago and I always receive my parts from Bratton's within three working days. When I order form Synder's, it takes only two days if I order early in the morning, three at the most..
brito36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 03:45 PM   #8
Patrick L.

I have the same experiences with Brattons, good people. They forgot one part in the last order, no complaint and they just sent it right out without question.
Patrick L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 07:02 PM   #9
Gary Gregory

Snyders..Brattons and Mikes are great....Mac's is the worlds worst.
Gary Gregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 07:08 PM   #10
dave in australia

I also order my parts from Bratton's. But, being in Australia, it's definitely not next day delivery. The service they send through, provides computer tracking, so I can see where they are in the world. Sometimes, they go on a very scenic journey around the world. Once they are picked up from Bratton's, they cannot control the speed or course of delivery though.
dave in australia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 07:41 PM   #11
Roadster62

I need to get a Bratton's catalog so many good things have been said about them. Still happy for all the years of service from Snyders, but somehow I get the feeling Bratton's has more original parts parts in addition to the new reproduction stock. Bob
Old 09-19-2014, 07:55 PM   #12
Y-Blockhead

Being on the West Coast I find that Snyder's is about the quickest, ~4 days.

Mike's is good also but what is with the "Handling & Packaging Fee" tacked on along with Shipping Fee.

Sometimes I order from MAC's because the others don't carry the part I want. MAC's seems OK speed wise but cost a little more for shipping.

Last edited by Y-Blockhead; 09-19-2014 at 08:01 PM.
Y-Blockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 08:42 PM   #13
machine girl

in California ship USPS. flat rate box (if your parts will fit) joblot in new York we get our order in 2 days, a third of the cost of UPS or FED EX.
machine girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 10:04 PM   #14
5window

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gregory View Post
Snyders..Brattons and Mikes are great....Mac's is the worlds worst.
You know, I used to be a MAC's fan-they had good service and would bring stuff to Hershey or Carlilse for free-like my cowl band and bumpers. But last month, when I needed a $5.95/2 oz part for another old car (Mustang) they wanted $7.95 shipping and said they no longer came to car shows. Since at least 3 other Mustang suppliers have the same part and go to the shows, I declined to order from Mac's. Not sure how Ecklers buying them out was a good thing.
5window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 10:17 PM   #15
Rudy T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike V. Florida View Post
Being close to Mikes (they GA me Fl) I get almost next day service.
True, ordered from them recently and was here in 2 days. Also So. Fl..

Bought something today from Jerry's in Orlando. Could likely be next day service from there
Rudy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:38 PM   #16
armchair67

I'm in Chicago and am lucky enough to have a local supplier who stocks damn near everything, as well as builds engines for model As and Ts. Antique Engine Rebuilding in Skokie. Very happy with them so far
armchair67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 05:52 AM   #17
mhsprecher

I live about an hour from Bratton's and get next day service, as you would expect. I have even driven up there to get something I needed right away. It's good that there is competition in the market, because that helps promote good service. Once it leaves their door, they don't have much control, but if you order at night, they typically ship the next day, via whatever is cheapest, I suspect: USPS or UPS.
mhsprecher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 10:34 PM   #18
DougVieyra

Most all of the major Parts Houses have their pluses and minuses. Mike's erks me because of their $2 packaging charge as an additional charge to ANY shipping ! ON the other hand Mike's does have TWO things that none of the other's seem to have, which I appreciate VERY much.

1. A policy of NOT shipping your order if all of the order can not be immediately filled. They contact you to alert you to the short-fall and then ask if you want to order sent even though one or more of the items is out of stock - or would you perfer to have them hold the order until the missing item(s) are back in stock. Having been 'burned' serveral time by receiving an incomplete order, I really like Mike's policy.

2. The second thing that I like about Mike's is there REALLy extensive and thorough index of parts. The index makes in an easy and painless effort to find what you are looking for.

I Like and have used extensively in the past, three major suppliers :
Bert's in Denver; Bratton's in Maryland; and Snyder's in Ohio. All three have left me in a learch because they shipped my order with one or two of the main part I was needing. Like many mail order suppliers, the shipping charge is a concern. So to help defray some of the pain, many of us buy additional (non-essential) items to help amortize the shipping cost.

So when I needed rubber pads to hold my windwing glass onto my brackets/clamps, I also ordered other items that are of no particular or immediate need. So I 'fume' when my oder arrives with all the non-essential 'stuff' but the one item that I needed and what instigated the order in the first place - did not arrive ! No fore warning. No advanced notifacation - just my high expectations.

So for that reason alone, I pay the little extra that Mike's charges, just because I know they understand and work to meet my expectations.

My bad experiences with the mail order parts houses often are brought about by my (previous) use of their 'on-line' ordering. EVerything automated, even automated return messages stating that your order has been received. So now I avoid on-line ordering, even though it is more timely (in that I am on the WEST Coast and they are on the East coast) and make a phone call to speak to someone on the order desk. And even then some have taken the order, but some items are not sent.

It all drives me to more fully appreciate Mike's policy of not shipping an incomplete order (unless asked to do so).

- Doug Vieyra, Eureka, Calif

Last edited by DougVieyra; 09-20-2014 at 10:41 PM.
DougVieyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 09:26 AM   #19
Bob Bidonde

I order from Bratton's, and when a part is out of stock they tell me about it or they call me about it.
Old 09-21-2014, 11:23 AM   #20
DougVieyra

My 'non notified' - "Not in Stock" expereince ( a one time experience) with Bratton's must have been an anomoly (sp?). I hope so, and not that your's was an anomoly.

I use both Bratton's and Snyder's because of their dedicated committment to producing quality parts, often made from original Ford blueprints. And also because of their good 'customer support' - technical advice.

I use Bert's because of 4 reasons: 1. Steve too only sells quality products, 2. Has a LOT of original Ford-Made parts; 3. he is good at liestening to your problem and offering a sound solution (tech. advice), 4. Bert's is the closest (Denver) to me, for quicker delivery and cheaper shipping costs.
DougVieyra is offline   Reply With Quote