Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Early V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-14-2011, 02:38 PM   #1
Jersey Suede

Default 1932 Ford B-400 project or body

City: Northern Jersey
State: NJ
Price: In ad

The B-400 is an original body with the factory tag riveted in the floor by the passenger side front seat. Guaranteed this is an original body and not a tudor converted body.

Call it "seeing the light" or whatever, but I wanted to chop it but just can't do it, so I have decided to offer it for sale here on the Ford Barn.

The gent that I bought it from years ago said he owned it for 15-20 years and had plans but never did anything to it. I’ve owned it for nearly 15 years myself, searching for specific parts to build it in honor of the Doanne Spencer roadster, but as a B-400 vs a roadster.

It has all the window moldings and regulators specific to the body. Dash, dash tunnel, all the specific little clips and brackets to make the top work, the top bow assembly with a new piece of oak around the back of the body. Top assembly folds properly and easily.

The worst part of the body was the rear floor area as it was full of pinholes from water sitting in it. I have that original floor piece cut out as well as other 1932 Ford floor pieces to make it right and put back to original if wanted.

The wheel wells need some help also. Driver cowl needs a small patch (not the entire cowl) and the quarters could use new patches. Both doors were patched when I bought it years ago and look to be done nicely. The rest of the body is solid. All the door opening tins are in great shape, the doors shut well.

Front floor is made up of custom pieces as well as some Bitchin Products floor pieces, all bolted in and can be removed easily. Master cylinder and slave cylinder is located under the floor.

Has a new (30+ years ago new!) chrome windshield frame. Also the super rare trim tin above the windshield, where the rear view mirror attaches, is there. Has a working cowl vent and a clean solid original firewall. I have a hood on it that I do not know if it is original or aftermarket (how do you tell?) and an original CHROME 1932 grill shell.

Chassis is original Henry and I tried to use as much original Henry stuff to keep it as authentic as possible. But I did use a few aftermarket items. One being a Speedway Motors tubular X-member and a later master cylinder. Rails have been pinched (as in the Spencer car) and front horns removed. Wheel base was moved forward 2 inches for better proportions. Spring is behind the axle and mounted through the wishbone. Original Henry thick 1932 front axle, un-dropped, with split bones (I believe 1933 Ford), 1937 spindles with juice brakes. Original 1933 front and rear shocks (the ones that mount inside the chassis) with NOS shock arms mounted to Early Ford dog bones.

I also have a Shroeder steering box mounted so it is set up for cowl steering. The box belonged to Parnelli Jones (according to Jack Chisenhall, the owner of Vintage Air, whom I purchased the box from). A 1936 Ford tie rod is used as a drag link.

At the rear I have an original early Halibrand V-8 with a Culver City rear cover with a triangulated 4-bar set up made from lower 1939 rear radius rods as the trailing arms and custom uppers mounted high and out of sight. Juice brakes. Custom Model T spring is mounted off the 1939 Ford axle housings and bolts into a Model A rear cross member.

Wheels are 16 inch Early Ford steelies with Brand new Coker Firestones, 4.50/4.75 x 16 on the front and 750 x 16 Commanders on the rear.

Engine is set up for a flathead and currently has a ceased 1940 installed for mock up purposes. There is a brand new Walker radiator installed with an electric fan. Has a Corn Husker adaptor kit to install a 5-speed, with a hydraulic clutch and all associated parts and pieces. An S-10 5-speed is in it as well with a new driveshaft hooked up to the open drive converted 1939 rear, all installed.

I am sure there is more that I am forgetting, so if there is something specific you want to know, just ask and I will describe it as best as I can.

This is a pile of parts, so it does not come with a title.

For hot rodders, this has the potential to be an outstanding and one of a kind project when finished. For a restorer, the body can very easily be put back to original and placed on a stock deuce frame to make a very desirable 1932 Ford.

I am asking 57K for the entire package and would prefer to sell it all. But I am also willing to sell the body and sheet metal only for 47K. Yes, I will talk a little.

Please PM me with questions and do not respond on the thread as per the rules. Or give me a call at 973-875-9046 any time during the day. I’m in New Jersey so please no calls after 9 PM EST. Lance
Jersey Suede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:40 PM   #2
Jersey Suede

Default Re: 1932 Ford B-400 project or body

pix
Attached Images
File Type: jpg body ID.jpg (56.4 KB, 370 views)
File Type: jpg dr profile.jpg (54.7 KB, 510 views)
File Type: jpg driver side.jpg (65.9 KB, 381 views)
File Type: jpg firewall.jpg (70.4 KB, 354 views)
File Type: jpg front 3:4.jpg (60.8 KB, 384 views)
File Type: jpg front susp.jpg (72.8 KB, 348 views)
File Type: jpg header back.jpg (70.3 KB, 357 views)
Old 11-14-2011, 02:42 PM   #3
Jersey Suede

More pix
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bows.jpg (62.9 KB, 188 views)
File Type: jpg dash and steering.jpg (61.1 KB, 203 views)
File Type: jpg front.jpg (65.0 KB, 163 views)
File Type: jpg dr cowl .jpg (42.0 KB, 172 views)
File Type: jpg dr qrtr.jpg (40.3 KB, 170 views)
File Type: jpg interior.jpg (73.9 KB, 215 views)
File Type: jpg pass qtr.jpg (38.8 KB, 146 views)
Old 11-14-2011, 02:46 PM   #4
Jersey Suede

...and more pix
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pass well.jpg (59.9 KB, 156 views)
File Type: jpg pass wheel well.jpg (66.6 KB, 143 views)
File Type: jpg passenger side.jpg (68.4 KB, 148 views)
File Type: jpg Quick change.jpg (51.0 KB, 137 views)
File Type: jpg rear 3:4.jpg (58.1 KB, 139 views)
File Type: jpg rear suspension.jpg (66.1 KB, 152 views)
File Type: jpg rear.jpg (61.4 KB, 136 views)
File Type: jpg rear suspension2.jpg (70.0 KB, 160 views)
File Type: jpg top up and profile.jpg (63.5 KB, 165 views)
File Type: jpg w:s and cowl.jpg (61.7 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg wheel well dr..jpg (54.8 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg fan.jpg (74.5 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg front susp.jpg (72.8 KB, 115 views)
Old 11-23-2011, 08:56 PM   #5
Jersey Suede

One more time!
Old 05-05-2012, 10:46 PM   #6
htrod 032

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Suede View Post
pix
how much are you asking? mike
htrod 032 is offline   Reply With Quote