Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-24-2021, 11:21 AM   #21
V8COOPMAN

Default Re: Post pics?. . . from computer to Ford Barn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by highbeams View Post
thank you, Chris.

I see that my pics on my computer are 2.41 mg, it also indicates 3120 X 4160.

Ford Barn: choose file, I select a pic in My Pictures, o14.jpg to upload to Ford Barn, nope.

I think that the are too large.?

Hey Pat ......We're gonna "Smarten-you-up" SOMEHOW, no matter how long it takes. Just for 'yuks', can you e-mail to me that BIG picture that you're trying to post? Send to:

[email protected]

I'll try to see what you're working with. DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 04:16 PM   #22
glennpm

This is a post I made a while ago to use "Paint" to resize.

https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showp...1&postcount=16

- right mouse click on the picture on your computer
- Select "Edit"
- Microsoft "Paint" opens
- select the "Resize'' button
- Select "Pixels"

- put in 800 in top box
- Check off "retain aspect ratio" Attached Thumbnails
- Now "Save as" with your smaller picture.

Glenn

Last edited by glennpm; 07-25-2021 at 05:59 AM.
glennpm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 12:02 AM   #23
V8COOPMAN

Quote:
thank you, Chris.

I see that my pics on my computer are 2.41 mg, it also indicates 3120 X 4160.

Ford Barn: choose file, I select a pic in My Pictures, o14.jpg to upload to Ford Barn, nope.

I think that the are too large.?

OK Pat .....Here are the pictures that you e-mailed to me. Here is PRECISELY what I did to post them here on the 'Barn.

In my e-mail, both pictures opened perfectly. I saved each picture to "MY COMPUTER". Then, I used the PAPER CLIP ( ) up in the "GO ADVANCED" toolbar to post them here, like we have described to you before. I LEFT clicked on that PAPER CLIP. A window opens downward. I put my cursor on the first gray box at the upper left. Left click on that gray box. A window opens-up showing all the places on your computer where you have pictures stored. On the line at the bottom, I typed-in the file name that I gave your first picture: "33 3W". At the bottom right of that window on MY computer, I clicked "OPEN". Then I put my cursor on the SECOND gray box and LEFT-clicked again. Then, I typed-in what I named the second picture: "33 3W GRILL". At bottom right of that window, I clicked on "OPEN". Now, off to the right of the SEVENTH gray box is a button that says "UPLOAD". Left-click on UPLOAD. Now, you can either click on "PREVIEW POST" at the bottom of your REPLY window to see your pictures as they will appear, OR....you can click on "SUBMIT REPLY" at bottom of your reply window to post your verbiage & your pictures, like you see here. EASY-PEASY! That will get ya two thumbnail-sized pics like below.

But, that ain't no fun! I USUALLY go the extra step to post full-size pics for us old guys that can't see little tiny crap any more. NICE FRIGGEN' '33 3-W coupe!

Now, why don't YOU copy and save one of these pictures to your computer. Then, following the explicit instructions I gave you above, see if you can re-post it here in this thread. FOLLOW MY DIRECTIONS Explicitly......and you'll be "In Like Flynn"! It's obvious that e-mailing them to me reduced their size appropriately to post here on the 'Barn. If you start your reply to this post by clicking on the "POST REPLY" button ( ) at the BOTTOM, LEFT of this post, you will have the PAPER CLIP and other 'tools' that you may need right up at the TOP border. DD

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE

Last edited by V8COOPMAN; 07-26-2021 at 12:10 AM.
Old 07-26-2021, 02:09 AM   #24
highbeams

The '33 Grill is saved to the computer as '33 Grill shrunk.

Thank you again, DD!
highbeams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 09:28 AM   #25
V8COOPMAN

Quote:
The '33 Grill is saved to the computer as '33 Grill shrunk.

Thank you again, DD!

Pat .....Think about THIS! The '33 grill picture is ALREADY 'shrunken-enough'. Otherwise, it would NOT have posted to the FordBarn!

Are you going to attempt to RE-POST that '33 grill picture HERE in this thread? DD

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
Old 07-26-2021, 12:06 PM   #26
highbeams

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8COOPMAN View Post
Pat .....Think about THIS! The '33 grill picture is ALREADY 'shrunken-enough'. Otherwise, it would NOT have posted to the FordBarn!

Are you going to attempt to RE-POST that '33 grill picture HERE in this thread? DD
Okay, DD

I tried to post one of the the pics that you sent me after you posted the two;

named it 33 3W GRILL shrunk.

I'll do another through the paper clip and Manage Attachments. I'll inform you at the time.

Thanks, Dd
Pat

Pat
Old 07-26-2021, 09:59 PM   #27
highbeams

Quote:

who care if it is shrunken enough.
People here are preachin;, make it as small as you can,make it as small as you can, make it as small as you can, make it as small as you can. Now you're saying it's shrunk enough!
Old 07-26-2021, 10:10 PM   #28
highbeams

I choose a file/pic from my computer. "upload" I click upload.

"Name the url." In a flash that disappears.

What is my url so it doesn't tell me "Do not recognize url".

So I don't even click the second "upload". It's gone!
Old 07-27-2021, 05:44 AM   #29
glennpm

Hi highbeams,

I think you may have picked the the "upload" check box for a web URL and not the one to upload from your computer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Paper clip Upload.jpg (21.2 KB, 14 views)
glennpm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 07:37 AM   #30
highbeams

I have never ever never in my life been on a site sooooooooo confusing just to submit a photo. I'm done.
Old 07-27-2021, 11:15 AM   #31
Bob C

Like Glenn said, you need to click on BROWSE not URL.
Bob C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 12:02 PM   #32
VeryTangled

Hi Everyone, Here's a four minute video I did on how to post a picture. It shows how to check the size of a file, how to resize it with Windows' Paint application, how to post the thumbnail, and how to insert it as a URL/Web Link for a full size photo.

How'd I do? What should I change? When I get a good one, I can start a new thread maybe?

One thing I should have said, when I pasted the image link/url I used the keyboard combination Ctrl-V, I could have right-clicked and selected Paste for another way to do it.

https://youtu.be/sdP9Bvbojoo

Have you thought about supporting the Early Ford V-8 Foundation Museum?

Last edited by VeryTangled; 07-27-2021 at 12:08 PM.
VeryTangled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 12:39 PM   #33
cas3

I use an old digital camera, pixel count set low so no need to resize them. Put the camera card in a reader, down load to computer, and I'm done. So easy even a dummy like me can do it
cas3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 02:11 PM   #34
V8COOPMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryTangled View Post
Hi Everyone, Here's a four minute video I did on how to post a picture. It shows how to check the size of a file, how to resize it with Windows' Paint application, how to post the thumbnail, and how to insert it as a URL/Web Link for a full size photo.

How'd I do? What should I change? When I get a good one, I can start a new thread maybe?

One thing I should have said, when I pasted the image link/url I used the keyboard combination Ctrl-V, I could have right-clicked and selected Paste for another way to do it.

https://youtu.be/sdP9Bvbojoo

Hey Jeff .....I've just gotta acknowledge MY appreciation for your effort to make that video. And, in MY questionable opinion, it was extremely-well done .....until the very end where you went to actually "insert" the image with the concoction of brackets and "img's", and more brackets and "img's" and slashes. My question is.....WHY DIDN'T you insert the image using the simple 3-click, "YELLOW SQUARE with mountains" method ( ) that several of us have so heavily-promoted here? I just thought that possibly added some unnecessary confusion to an otherwise EXCELLENT video that you put together. DD

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
Old 07-27-2021, 02:18 PM   #35
VeryTangled

Quote:
Hey Jeff .....I've just gotta acknowledge MY appreciation for your effort to make that video. DD
Thanks for the feedback.

I used the method I would normally use, the one I'm comfortable with. I see the benefit of the Insert Image button is that it automatically adds the tags before and after the web link so no fooling with brackets.

Have you thought about supporting the Early Ford V-8 Foundation Museum?
VeryTangled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 03:45 PM   #36
V8COOPMAN

It should have become obvious to anyone that has been following this series of threads/posts, that there are SEVERAL methods that can be used to post pictures and images on FordBarn. And when one thinks about just how many of us ACTUALLY do post pictures regularly, it should become evident that the process to post pictures IS NOT really difficult at all once one finally sees the light and grasps the process.

By my count, there are at least FOUR methods available to "REPLY" to a post in a thread that is already in progress.

Method #1 - You can simply use the "QUICK REPLY" method which is the narrow window that is always found below the LAST post in every thread. But if you will notice in the top band of that window, the number of TOOL icons available is limited, most notably the absence of the PAPER CLIP that is necessary to post a picture that you have saved on your computer.

2nd Method - Is simply to use that same "QUICK REPLY" window as above, but to also click on the "GO ADVANCED" button BELOW the "QUICK REPLY" window. By Going ADVANCED, you will now notice that you have ALL of the TOOLS available (including the PAPER CLIP) to perform picture-posting, as well as other F'Barn editing functions.

3rd Method - This 3rd method involves clicking on the "QUOTE" button ( ), which opens a window that includes another poster's quote that you wish to make reference to. Importantly though, it also affords the full line of TOOLS across the top of the window to allow posting of pictures from your computer, or as a "URL" on the WWW (world-wide web).

4th Method - This method involves beginning by clicking on the "POST REPLY" button ( ) which appears to the extreme lower left of the LAST post that appears on every page. I use THIS method EXCLUSIVELY (and automatically) unless I intend to use the "QUOTE" method. By using this "POST REPLY" button every time, the large window opens-up with ALL of the useful FordBarn TOOLS including image posting PAPER CLIP & YELLOW SQUARE across the TOP border. Using this button automatically affords the same features that "GOING ADVANCED" offers. Your reply can be as brief as a 3-letter "yes", or a lengthy dissertation with numerous pictures. I just find it so easy to begin almost every post using that button.

ANOTHER Way - There is one more method to open-up access to a thread, and that is to INITIATE a thread by clicking on the "START A NEW THREAD" button ( ) at the very TOP LEFT of the "Early V8 (1932 - 53)" page 1. This method also offers the full range of TOOL icons at the top of window, allowing full picture-posting functions, as well as others.

It is paramount for novice picture posters to remember that you MUST employ some manner of access to the two essential picture-posting icons (PAPER CLIP & YELLOW SQUARE) to make pictures. I personally find that button to be my "go-to" button 90% of the time. Again, it's my hope that some of this may help the new picture posters. DD

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
Old 07-27-2021, 04:31 PM   #37
Lanny

I just click on POST REPLY
Then scroll way down and click on MANAGE ATTACHMENTS
Then click on the picture I want to post, then click on Upload
To post more pictures just click on another picture, then Upload
Easy-Peasy

Click on Picture to Enlarge
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Do NOT Read.jpg (38.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg speed control.jpg (103.0 KB, 13 views)

If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.
But if daddy ain't happy...RUN
Lanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 04:46 PM   #38
highbeams

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennpm View Post
Hi highbeams,

I think you may have picked the the "upload" check box for a web URL and not the one to upload from your computer.
No, I clicked on the my computer; NOT URL.
Old 07-27-2021, 04:50 PM   #39
highbeams

So you are posting w/ 'post reply' to a post that has absolutely nothing to do with what you want to post. ???
Old 07-27-2021, 04:58 PM   #40
highbeams

I click your "post reply" . . . nothing.