Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-13-2017, 10:55 AM   #141
HOTRODPRIMER

Default Re: Hey Fellas... Some Clarification...

Since none of the cars I presently own fall under the guide lines of this forum at this time I am rarely participate but I still enjoy reading and learning from people here.

I have had several Flathead powered cars in the past and Good Lord willing I will have another in the future.

I understand that the Ford Barn is not a hot rod site. HRP
Old 02-16-2018, 10:22 AM   #142
ct1932ford

Not to beat a dead horse, but I am on both sites. Although I have two Hot Rods they are very traditional and have many original mechanicals. The Barn and it's people have been a great resource for me over the years. I have met lots of good members here as well. I also have a great appreciation for the stock vehicles! That's It!
Old 03-12-2018, 07:15 PM   #143
FirstGenF2

Yeah, i don't really see why it matters if you're modding the car or restoring it, I was told to come here by someone on HAMB because I was asking about how to straighten sections of an F2 frame and apparently that is too heavy duty for that forum? I'm weary of the ford barn merely because it excludes a large part of the community (non fords).

Last edited by FirstGenF2; 03-12-2018 at 07:21 PM.
FirstGenF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 07:16 PM   #144
FirstGenF2

If my 51' F2 doesnt have a v8 do threads about it still belong in the early v8 section?
FirstGenF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 07:22 PM   #145
Vintage Copper 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstGenF2 View Post
If my 51' F2 doesnt have a v8 do threads about it still belong in the early v8 section?
I say yes if your questions are about axles, brakes, body parts..

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm".

"Old enough for the experience & too young to know better"
Vintage Copper 47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 08:55 PM   #146
trucker1

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Both the HAMB and the Barn are awesome. I've gotten so much from both worlds. Thanks to all in the community who shared with the rest of us. Glynn.
trucker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 09:50 AM   #147
vintrex

Absolutely agree...I think I got in the game too late for mine to remain stock.
vintrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 09:49 AM   #148
blucar

Ryan,
During the last few months I have been unable to post a pix to the the FB forum. At first I thought it had something to do with my photo program, I now think this is not the case.

Just a few minutes ago I responded to a topic on EFV8 Forum, had not trouble posting a pix. I responded to a question on a Mopar forum a few days ago, no trouble posting a pix.
Any ideas, my pix are all in jpg formate.... Wm.
Old 10-13-2018, 01:28 AM   #149
Tinker

blucar it might be a browser update. Might need to do one or change browsers. Firefox is decent.
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 07:16 PM   #150
Gene1949

Many of us have "improved" our cars to make them more drivable.
I don't think addition of a 4 or 5 speed, a rear end change, or engine modifications change the "purity" of the car.
We did it as teenagers 60 years ago
Gene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 09:37 PM   #151
Tinker

It's not about "purity", it's about how it was built. No more, no less. No connotations of "purity" or whatever. It's about just taking a old ford and rebuilding it as from the factory. Same as a dodge, vw, ferrari, or whatever.

Last edited by Tinker; 12-11-2018 at 12:26 AM.
Old 12-13-2018, 12:34 AM   #152
Cldxsolutions

Nice post.
Cldxsolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 08:38 AM   #153
jimalabam

I agree with Ol' Ron. I think "The Barn" is running smoothly. "Different Strokes for different folks." If you are not interested in a particular post - DON'T READ IT. Again, one more time, thanks Ryan for all you do.
jimalabam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 10:31 AM   #154
jplawman

You cann't fix stupid!!
jplawman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 06:51 AM   #155
1ton

I visit Ford Barn and The Hamb daily. Love both sites equally. It does not take a whole lot of brain power to figure out where posts or questions should be directed. But it really does not bother me when some car buff crosses the jagged line between stock or hot rod. Like someone posted (If you don't like the post, don't click on it.) In this day and age there are a lot of people that apparently have their feelings hurt easily. Personally I could give a rats ass. Hope I didn't offend anyone.
1ton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 06:14 PM   #156
badassfrombadaxe

I only came to clarify something in Mac Van Pelt's book. If that leads to my information being disparaged and called SPAM then I think you are using extortion to keep something of value. Leaving won't fix that. I began working on digital graphics and before you ever had digital photographs to post because I had a unique perspective after working on where a communications aircraft had to be positioned in space to receive telemetry from the Apollo spacecraft we are celebrating a 50th anniversary of now. How does that apply here? There is a wide range of scales involved in drafting an early Ford. Go look at how some of the former blueprints that are now copied from the microfilm of the 1960's. The aperture cards used by Tank and Automotive Command were reproduceable on a special Xerox type machine. Then when I left Pratt & Whitney in 1981 they said they were going to a new system. I found that TACCOM used aperture cards in information packets they supplied to potential vendors in 1987. Then working with full size digital aircraft drawings in the year 2000, I got fouled by the Y2K first on January 1 and then again on February 29 as the divisible by 4 also led to divisible by 400. Can a computer ever fully represent a car design done in the 30's or 40's? Must it forever be photographs, even the stitched together 3d ones. The hardest things to represent I found to be soft things like tufted and button upholstery from circa 1909. Don't worry about the fine lines. They were blurred into oblivion when the Ozalid machines were shut down and the smell of ammonia no longer wafted by the cafeteria as you walked to lunch. It's not pi that made us have to make polygons instead of circles. Nor even how 8bit words moved to 16 bit and then on to 32 bit with 128 bit and 256 needed to do the encryption so our browsers could give us secure credentials here. It was the undriveablity of cars in the 80's that caused me to park mine and then not come back as gas station tanks had to be dug up and replaced as methanol ate the galvanize off tanks and goggled up marine tanks to warn about the fiberglass tanks installed before we were given Ethanol from edibles to avoid some of the nasty that also ate the neoprene tips (Viton?) of float needles that tired to absorb the rust and debris that made flooding reject rebuilds. Now, today cars are running around reliably. But what is lurking in the barn?

Last edited by badassfrombadaxe; 07-17-2019 at 06:19 PM. Reason: some mispellings and bad syntax
badassfrombadaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 12:25 AM   #157
Tinker

That's a lot of stuff there..... Thinking it's just a bunch of guys talking old ford cars on the internet. Ya sometimes we disagree. The main idea is about building old fords as old fords. Pretty much that really.

Old 08-20-2019, 09:13 AM   #158
LRSmith

I have fitted the motor on my 39 mercury with the starter in place. Now it seems I have to remove the steering box to get it out. Advice anybody?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
LRSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 05:27 PM   #159
DavidG

There's a reason why the paragraph was invented.
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 01:49 PM   #160
zzlegend

I knew i should not have read all that. Now my hair hurts. sheeeesh.
zzlegend is offline   Reply With Quote