Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-04-2017, 07:27 PM   #21
Bored&Stroked

Default Re: Ardun Heads

And here is what the original/real brochure really looked like . . . in true 'Hotrod Colors' - black and red baby! I am fortunate enough to have an original document - something about anything related to Ardun just seems to capture my fancy. I don't even remember where I found it . . .

Page1 copy.jpg

Enjoy!
B&S
Bored&Stroked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 08:05 PM   #22
Bored&Stroked

And here is something else fun (at least I think so). It is an original lid from an Ardun shipping crate.

I wish I had the whole crate, all I have is the lid . . . but it is something kind of special and cool to me (I guess I'm a bit nuts hugh???):

Ardun-Packing-Crate-Lid copy.jpg
Old 12-04-2017, 08:32 PM   #23
tubman

That would be on the wall in my living room if I had it! Couldn't you afford a frame?
tubman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 07:59 PM   #24
Bored&Stroked

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubman View Post
That would be on the wall in my living room if I had it! Couldn't you afford a frame?
Good idea! Maybe I'll make one wall of my home a vintage racing and Ardun wall - that would be kind of fun!
Old 12-05-2017, 09:21 PM   #25
AnthonyG

Having never seeing an actual disassembled unit or full schematic I'm curious. Seems the conversion had to use the original valve openings bushed as valve pushrod guides obviously using the same cam pushing on the conversion valve pushrods to operate rockers on the Ardun heads operating the conversion overhead valves opening into the hemi-head?
Old 12-05-2017, 09:57 PM   #26
Ardun

Yes except the valve holes are not bushed. Often, the valve holes have to be ground to allow for pushrods clearance. The pushrods are held in place by the special Ardun lifters and rocker arms.
Ardun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 11:21 PM   #27
Ardun

Ronnieroadster, do you know how long spark plugs should last on a normally aspired ARDUN where the plugs holes have been modified to place the spark plugs at the dome rather than being recessed?

Last edited by Ardun; 12-05-2017 at 11:49 PM.
Ardun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 03:42 PM   #28
Ronnieroadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardun View Post
Ronnieroadster, do you know how long spark plugs should last on a normally aspired ARDUN where the plugs holes have been modified to place the spark plugs at the dome rather than being recessed?
From my experience spark plugs will last a long time. Now that I use the longer reach plugs I find there's no indication of fouling. The ignition system I used for the old tunnel fire and now the long reach plugs is a simple Pertronix conversion. For the street and setting the 225 MPH ARDUN record at Bonneville this year the Pertronix works perfectly.
Ronnieroadster
First ever gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to run 200 MPH at Bonneville Salt Flats setting the record August 7th 2021 at 205.744 MPH
Ronnieroadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:08 PM   #29
AnthonyG

Thx, , informative & interesting. I'd love to get the new Ardun conversion kit for my '35 with an 8BA but @$14K too rich for my blood. But very cool
Old 12-06-2017, 09:23 PM   #30
Bored&Stroked

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyG View Post
Thx, , informative & interesting. I'd love to get the new Ardun conversion kit for my '35 with an 8BA but @$14K too rich for my blood. But very cool
Consider that just a start! By the time you get all the other things you need (just parts) - even for a naturally aspirated engine, then another $5 - 7K.

Now think about a cool 'Big SCoT' repop blower, aluminum oil pan, special water pumps . . . whups, there goes another $15K.

But hey . . . if they were cheap, easy to build and plentiful . . . everybody would have one!

B&S