Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-04-2017, 11:32 AM   #1
GB SISSON

Default King-Seeley

I have tried the after market senders etc, and the more I try the more I want to just use stock gauges with stock senders. For my 47 half ton, is there a source for these original parts?
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 11:46 AM   #2
tubman

Default Re: King-Seeley

I don't know if it will fit, but I have a repaired 8BA type single pole temperature sender I am just dying to have someone use on a regular basis. I have bench tested it and it works exactly like a good stock sensor. If there is any interest, let me know and I'll send it to you. (IF "GB" doesn't want it, the offer is open to anybody.)
tubman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 02:48 PM   #3
GB SISSON

Thanks Tubman, My immediate need is for a fuel gauge and or sender. I have a lot of old heads and engines that should yield some temp senders, and that system is currently working in my '47. That temp sender should go to one of the members who hasn't surrounded his place with a junkyard. Parts like gauges don't hold up well in the rainy Pacific NW, particularly when windshields are missing.
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
Old 11-04-2017, 03:18 PM   #4
42 1/2ton

GB there is one on Ebay buy it now.

Ed
42 1/2ton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 07:55 PM   #5
deuce_roadster

King-Seeley gauge need to be fed a FREQUENCY signal from the sending unit. That is why the gauge will only be accurate with the stock sender. Sending units that vary the voltage to the gauge will not work satisfactorily. The non working stock senders usually can be fixed by either 1, replacing a bad float, and or cleaning the points under the tin cap on the top of the unit.
You may already know this from previous threads relating to the KS senders and gauges.

Last edited by deuce_roadster; 11-04-2017 at 07:57 PM. Reason: misspelling
deuce_roadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 08:58 PM   #6
Newc

Hi Sisson; Off topic; There is a '47 Tonner PU on Portland Craig's list now for $1000! Looks like some good fenders and parts. The '48 Tonner PU just sold this Am for $5900. Newc
Newc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 04:10 PM   #7
GB SISSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42 1/2ton View Post
GB there is one on Ebay buy it now.

Ed
There are some nos passenger car units for about half $ of the pickup ones. I have the new face stickers to install. That seems to be the only difference, but??? Anyone confirm this?
Old 11-05-2017, 04:18 PM   #8
GB SISSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newc View Post
Hi Sisson; Off topic; There is a '47 Tonner PU on Portland Craig's list now for $1000! Looks like some good fenders and parts. The '48 Tonner PU just sold this Am for $5900. Newc
I doubt my wife would even notice the addition. Yes, nice fenders.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6356.jpg (89.9 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6326.jpg (100.8 KB, 36 views)