Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-22-2019, 07:49 PM   #1
ryanheacox

Default Electric wiper arm

I’m working on the electric wiper on my 1930 Fordor and the new wiper arm support is a bit shorter (about 1/4”) than the one that came off and doesn’t fit the old wiper arm.

The wiper arm support p/n is A-17564-A. Can anyone confirm the wiper arm A-17530-A will fit this support? These are all parts on Bert’s website and I will call tomorrow, just wondering if anyone knows off the top of their head.

Also, I was very impressed with the quality of the wiper arm support. Looks like it was CNC milled, probably why it was $35. The old one was a vintique pot metal piece of junk. I remember when my grandfather did this he broke 3 just trying to fit them on the wiper shaft... glad to see quality parts being made, well worth the cost.
ryanheacox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 04:51 PM   #2
Gary WA

Default Re: Electric wiper arm

Do u have a copy of the judging standards? Area 20 on wipers and swing arms.! What wiper motor are u using?two types were used.

Last edited by Gary WA; 08-23-2019 at 05:06 PM.
Gary WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 07:04 PM   #3
ryanheacox

I don’t have the standards. It’s on my list of stuff to get though. I called up Steve at Bert’s and he said the wiper arm support I have which is 1928 ONLY will not fit the later wiper arm. He also said the wiper arm support I need is not in production. He did say however that A&L is the supplier of the wiper arm supports and wiper arms and that they may still be making the 1928 arm. Good news because A&L is a 30 minute drive from me. They weren’t open today though, I’ll have to call them Monday.
ryanheacox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 07:23 PM   #4
Gary WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanheacox View Post
I don’t have the standards. It’s on my list of stuff to get though. I called up Steve at Bert’s and he said the wiper arm support I have which is 1928 ONLY will not fit the later wiper arm. He also said the wiper arm support I need is not in production. He did say however that A&L is the supplier of the wiper arm supports and wiper arms and that they may still be making the 1928 arm. Good news because A&L is a 30 minute drive from me. They weren’t open today though, I’ll have to call them Monday.
They had a 6 1/2" and a 6 3/4" as per standards and depends on the type of motor. also 8 1/4"