Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-19-2014, 03:55 PM   #21
montanafordman

Default Re: Motor Stuck?

Hope that does the trick for you. I noticed in your signature that you summer in North Dakota. Whereabouts? I went to UND in Grand Forks and flew all over the state as a student and instructor pilot. As a side note: When I was at UND I almost took a history class from an Instructor named Gordon Iseminger... Fast forward 10 years later and I was recently reading a pile of old restorers I acquired from a club friend and see that instructors name as the author of an article about "A United States Indian Service Tudor" that also referenced pictures obtained from the UND Chester Fritz Library (where I researched many papers and studied for tests during my time in ND) in the September/October 1993 restorer. Now I regret not taking his class! It turns out he was a model A guy and it would have been fun to connect about that. Of course I wasn't stricken with the sickness so much at that time, and my coupe was still grandpa's at the time. Anyhow its amazing how small of a world it can be when it comes to Model A's sometimes.
Old 04-19-2014, 04:19 PM   #22
neds29

Hi Aaron- We usually spend a couple of months late in the summer in Maddock. It's around 35 miles WSW of Devil's Lake, and was my late mother's home town. She came from a family of thrifty Norwegians, 15 kids (16 actually, the flu in 1923 killed one), so I have lots of cousins and a few uncles and aunts left. Some still farm and we have lots of fun with the kids, tractors (I have a wide-front Farmall M that I've rebuilt), cats, dogs, etc. Some of the cousins even went to UND although most went to NDSU. Took me a while to figure out which was where.
Model A's are lots of fun and I thoroughly enjoy this old truck. Being from Mass. I'm thrilled to have one with no rust. My roadster wasn't too bad, it was from N.H. but it wasn't as nice as this '29 truck.
Thanks for the tips.
Ned
'29 roadster- Owned for 21 years but now sold.
'28 CC pickup- My first car in Andover, MA back in '62- '63.
neds29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 04-20-2014, 07:51 PM   #23
machineman64

check your personal messages
machineman64 is offline   Reply With Quote