Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-29-2017, 11:40 AM   #1
Big A

Thumbs up New to me 1931 Coupe

Hey gents, I'm moving back through time. I've got a '51 Ford sedan, a '41 Ford business coupe and I just got this nice '31 coupe.

It's not original—in the early 1960's the roof was filled, it got a coat of black lacquer (with a brush from the looks of it), the wheels swapped and the interior replaced—but it's still got the stock banger and mechanical brakes. I don't have any history prior to the late '50s, but one man owned and drove it from roughly 1959 until 1980, then garaged it where it sat for 33+ years. The guy I bought it from just did the basics to get it running and driving again (and added the rumble seat kit). It's got scars and scratches, peeling paint, signs of a life lived... but very little rust.

My plan at this stage is... not much of anything. I'm going to drive it as-is and get to know it a bit before I change anything, if I do. I've started to go through the mechanicals, everything seems to be in amazing shape and functional.

I'll probably be on here asking obvious questions. This is the oldest car I've owned so far, a few things (like the mechanical brakes) I'm going to educate myself about.

Anyhoo, just thought I'd share. This whole car just makes me smile, it's a blast to drive.
Big A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 12:11 PM   #2
1955cj5

Default Re: New to me 1931 Coupe

Very cool.....Drive it a little, fix it a little...enjoy it!

I agree, leave it as-is....!
Old 05-29-2017, 12:17 PM   #3
CHuDWah

Nice coupe (I have a fondness for that body style) - just the thing for a sweet little driver. Pretty cool about your "10-year" Fords too.
CHuDWah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 12:27 PM   #4
kd4lok

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Looks like my 31 Coupe except for the rumble seat. Perhaps I will also do the conversion one day. Enjoy your Model A.