Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Archives > Model-A

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #1

Default Ignition switch cable length

The replacement ignition switch cable that I purchased seems about 2-3" too long because I have to contort the cable housing to install the instrument panel. Should I cut it down and if so what should be used to cut the housing?

<table><tr><td><font face="arial">

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #2

Default Re: Ignition switch cable length

The original popout switch 30-31 is 31" long from center of head (at rear cover plate) to the end of the treads on the other end (not including the spring plunger). The presently unavialible repo popout is about 30-3/4" long. A little short of the original. Many of the repo armored housings are much more stiff than the originals, making them harder to install. I would use an abrasive cut off wheel to cut one if it was too long.

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #3

The original popout switch 30-31 is 31" long from center of head (at rear cover plate) to the end of the treads on the other end (not including the spring plunger). The presently unavialible repo popout is about 30-3/4" long. A little short of the original. Many of the repo armored housings are much more stiff than the originals, making them harder to install. I would use an abrasive cut off wheel to cut one if it was too long.

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #4