Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-26-2012, 04:47 PM   #1
bige386

Default What kind of insurance ?

I'm just wondering what kind of insurance do you carry on your vintage car. I check with my insurance company today and they offer Haggerty so I had her give me a quote and it seem to be quite reasonable.
I think tomorrow Ill get her insured and start putting some mile on her.
bige386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:58 PM   #2
oldbugger

Default Re: What kind of insurance ?

I just switched to Hagerty also, I have heard good things and their price saved me some money from my old company.
oldbugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:02 PM   #3
ford1

haggerty is cheap, they have agreed value on your car,But there are restrictions, like 6000 miles a year, to be used for shows and plesure drives once in awhile, not to go shopping are for general transportation, ask what king of restrictions are in the contract, and i beliee no one under 25 is to drive the car, check before you sign, some of the other insures are a little more expensive but give you more latitude on miles and useage
ford1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:22 PM   #4
Old Henry

Because of those restrictions imposed by Hagerty I have ANPAC's "Chrome" policy that is less restrictive. Learn more here: http://www.anpac.com/products/p_c/chrome/default.aspx
Old 03-26-2012, 07:25 PM   #5
Hotrodladycrusr

Hagerty is awesome and there is actually no mileage limations on their binding contract. Also, no where does it state where and when you can drive your car or when and where your car is covered with the exception of a race track or exhibtions of speed which your car is not covered on or doing. It does list that no one under the age of 25 is allowed to drive the car.

With that being said they do have a few requirements for insuring your car with them one of which is you must have a daily driver and a garage to store the classic car in.

I've had many of my cars thru Hagerty and a number of large claims, one was a total loss of my '47 Chevy convertible which got smashed while I was at the Grand Canyon driving across country. Hagerty paid me for the smash then less then a month later the car burns in a shop fire. They then sent me another check for the full agreed value of the car.

They were very easy to deal with BUT I found Grundy to be less expensive for the exact same coverage so Big Olds is insured with Grundy now.

Both Hagerty Grundy have online quoting which you can do within a matter of minutes.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:34 PM   #6
Vic Piano

Hi Denise,

We missed you at Billetproof… maybe next year. Back to the topic, I’ve had JC Taylor insurance for all of our antique cars for 39 years, with a few major claims as well as some small ones, never a problem to deal with, reasonable rates and limited driving restrictions. Vic
Old 03-27-2012, 05:32 AM   #7
richard crow

why are you worried about the 25 year old driver most of us have a dog older that 25
richard crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:03 AM   #8
40cpe

I had Sneed-Robinson and Gerber until they stopped handling our old cars. Somehow this American National "Chrome" policy got sent to me, I guess because of NSRA sponsorship. Although it was quite cheap, I called them and they wouldn't even let me stop at a store on the way to/from a show. I drive my cars for pleasure occasionally and even to work once in a blue moon. Hagerty fit my bill.
40cpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:10 AM   #9
al's28/33

Hagerty is the one, very reasonable and they understand the hobby. They also provide flat-bed tow service which I have used several times. The drivers come from local tow shops, but they are always curtious and cautious when loading and unloading my cars.
al's28/33 is offline   Reply With Quote