Go Back   The Ford Barn > To The Editors > Questions & Suggestions

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-02-2020, 10:01 PM   #1
Gsc

Default Web Navigation

Hi : I am rebuilding a 29 Ford RPU and building from the ground up a 32 Ford RPU hotrod . I am not on your website very often,, but every time i am i run into problems with viewing dwgs or files or just trying to see stuff ,clearance levels re-questioned , that i have to go back and find passwords and e-mail addresses and it's like i am starting over. I don't know about you but ,, this is not easy to remember all this stuff.

I just want to gather information and don't really want to ask questions ,,is there a way i can just belong to the Ford Barn and not jump thru hoops to dig out all the good information ? I click on dwgs and attachments that won't open for me.

I really do enjoy your website,, just wish it wasn't so secretive or difficult to navigate,,, and I'm a guy who lives on his PC lap top , i-pad , i -phone , Fast Look , AutoCAD , all kinds of computer programs etc. and consider myself to be fairly computer literate.

Regards
Greg
Gsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 12:43 AM   #2
redmodelt

Default Re: Web Navigation

Try for the hot rod; https://www.jalopyjournal.com/
It's more in line with the hot rod side.

Last edited by redmodelt; 02-03-2020 at 08:01 PM.
redmodelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 01:05 AM   #3
Ryan
Administrator

Sorry man. This isn’t Facebook. We take the privacy or our members and the integrity of their data VERY seriously. I won’t change that for anyone.
Old 02-03-2020, 02:20 PM   #4
Charlie Stephens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsc View Post
Hi : I am rebuilding a 29 Ford RPU and building from the ground up a 32 Ford RPU hotrod . I am not on your website very often,, but every time i am i run into problems with viewing dwgs or files or just trying to see stuff ,clearance levels re-questioned , that i have to go back and find passwords and e-mail addresses and it's like i am starting over. I don't know about you but ,, this is not easy to remember all this stuff.

I just want to gather information and don't really want to ask questions ,,is there a way i can just belong to the Ford Barn and not jump thru hoops to dig out all the good information ? I click on dwgs and attachments that won't open for me.

I really do enjoy your website,, just wish it wasn't so secretive or difficult to navigate,,, and I'm a guy who lives on his PC lap top , i-pad , i -phone , Fast Look , AutoCAD , all kinds of computer programs etc. and consider myself to be fairly computer literate.

Regards
Greg
I don't find the site secretive or hard to navigate. What do you expect to happen when you click on a picture, most of them are stored on the site and not linked to an offsite sever? When you click on an attachment and it doesn't open try copying the address and pasting it into your address bar. Some people don't know how to make a live link. I wonder if some of your problems may be hardware related? Can you try a friends desktop? Maybe a desktop in the local library? I also noticed this is your first post, that may be part of the problem. The second one will be easier. You pointed out your '32 is a hot rod, does that mean your '29 is stock? Stick around, you will get used to the site.

Charlie Stephens

Last edited by Charlie Stephens; 02-03-2020 at 02:39 PM.
Charlie Stephens is offline   Reply With Quote