Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-14-2014, 03:27 PM   #1
Hitchhiker

Default Huge Barn find of model A's and other Early Fords

Just thought I would show you guys what I have been trucking home the last week...

Still lots of truck loads left....we aren't even to the good stuff yet...

So far I have a complete but rusty tudor with title. About 4 trucks with titles, And a T coupe, and a bunch of parts....

Just wanted you guys to know this stuff is still out there and some of us younger guys are saving them.
Old 07-14-2014, 03:43 PM   #2
Fred K-OR

Default Re: Huge Barn find of model A's and other Early Fords

Matt, congratulations on your find. You must have a lot of storage area to pick up all that stuff.
Fred K-OR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 03:46 PM   #3
peters180a/170b

I am about to checkout the same about 1-1/2 hours from me...It pays to ware car tee shirts ...A woman in her late 60's came in [Sunday] to visit her brother on the lake and stopped by for something to drink for her road trip back home.Said her husband[died 5 years ago] has a barn full of car parts and she needs to sell everything. Showed 2 complete front ends for a Model "A" outside the barn... I said WHY OUTSIDE??? No more room in the barn ! 1931 "A" and 5 other cars...Checking it out in 2 weeks and may be a mistake waiting that long //but them are the breaks...no time...went thru your pictures... nice collection of GAS TANKS... Good luck with your find... nice...

Last edited by peters180a/170b; 07-14-2014 at 04:57 PM.
peters180a/170b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 03:50 PM   #4
Fred
BANNED

Talking Re: Huge Barn find of model A's and other Early Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by peters180a/170b View Post
I am about to checkout the same about 1-1/2 hours from me...It pays to ware car tee shirts ...A woman in her late 60's came in [Sunday] to visit her brother on the lake and stopped by for something to drink for her road trip back home.Said her husband[died 5 years ago] has a barn full of car parts and she needs to sell everything. Showed 2 complete front ends for a Model "A" outside the barn... I said WHY OUTSIDE??? No more room in the barn ! 1931 "A" and 5 other cars...Checking it out in 2 weeks and may be a mistake waiting that long //but them are the breaks...no time...
Tell me where it is, And I will let you know whats not there..
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 04:11 PM   #5
Hitchhiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred K-OR View Post
Matt, congratulations on your find. You must have a lot of storage area to pick up all that stuff.
Honestly I don't. I'm stacking it to the fence line. Luckily my neighbors like me.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:12 PM   #6
Hitchhiker

Quote:
I am about to checkout the same about 1-1/2 hours from me...It pays to ware car tee shirts ...A woman in her late 60's came in [Sunday] to visit her brother on the lake and stopped by for something to drink for her road trip back home.Said her husband[died 5 years ago] has a barn full of car parts and she needs to sell everything. Showed 2 complete front ends for a Model "A" outside the barn... I said WHY OUTSIDE??? No more room in the barn ! 1931 "A" and 5 other cars...Checking it out in 2 weeks and may be a mistake waiting that long //but them are the breaks...no time...
That's a long wait. I am not envious! I bet it's still there when you go. I've had to wait before too. sucks but sometimes it just is.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:17 PM   #7
Gunmetal blue2

That is the kind of find we dream about congratulations. Good Find.
Gunmetal blue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 04:25 PM   #8
zzlegend

Maybe I am mistaken, but it almost looks like a pair of 50 Pontiac tail lights on the back of a t coupe. Nice find.
zzlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 04:35 PM   #9
MNFATS

Nice find. I looked at a very nice '30-31 frame on Saturday and made the deal. It had been under a hay wagon, had both axles, and was sporting '35 wheels.
MNFATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 06:00 PM   #10
Wick

Keep digging and you will find the stuff out there. I've taken a break from picking for the last 6 weeks. She's gone now I think....
Wick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:46 PM   #11
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
I am about to checkout the same about 1-1/2 hours from me...It pays to ware car tee shirts ...A woman in her late 60's came in [Sunday] to visit her brother on the lake and stopped by for something to drink for her road trip back home.Said her husband[died 5 years ago] has a barn full of car parts and she needs to sell everything. Showed 2 complete front ends for a Model "A" outside the barn... I said WHY OUTSIDE??? No more room in the barn ! 1931 "A" and 5 other cars...Checking it out in 2 weeks and may be a mistake waiting that long //but them are the breaks...no time...went thru your pictures... nice collection of GAS TANKS... Good luck with your find... nice...
My brother lives "around the corner" from you I'm sure he will "look and report back"!
Old 07-15-2014, 07:35 PM   #12
Tinbasher

Keep your eyes open for a set of 27 T Coupe Garnish Mouldings. I need a complete set less the Dashboard.
Let me know what you find.

Tinbasher
Tinbasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:52 PM   #13
chiliman

Come on a deal afew years ago rust fee 31 rodster and 29 rodester pick up 7 G for. Both and 3 tandom trailer loads of very good stuff
chiliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 11:43 PM   #14
Roadster62

Yes, stuff is still out there, I'm selling off stuff to buy what I just found. Bob

Quote:
Old 07-16-2014, 12:18 AM   #15
Rowdy
BANNED

Nice Find. been a while since I have had a nice find of a parts. really have not been looking hard for the last few years. Keep your eyes open for a nice 28-29 truck mirror head. I have a good arm, but the morror itself has eluded me so far. Rod
Rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 07:16 AM   #16
Will N

Now, the trick is for you to either personally use all those parts, or to actively sell them all off to people who will use them. If they go from one hoard, where they spent years in a barn to no good use, to another hoard where they await the same fate, those parts may as well have been scrapped. I trust that you will put them to good use.
Will N is offline   Reply With Quote