Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-17-2015, 07:35 AM   #1
Chuck Kuntz

Default New 1928-29 coupe rear fenders

Has anyone bought the new Albrecht rear fenders for 28-29 coupe and roadster. I bought a pair from Gaslight at Hershey and very disappointed with the quality. The bead on the rear of the fenders is only 1/4 to 5/16 inches wide and very irregular.
Chuck Kuntz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 10:29 AM   #2
wrndln

Default Re: New 1928-29 coupe rear fenders

I bought a pair of Albrecht 28/29 coupe/roadster/pickup rear fenders about 5 or 6 years ago. I compared them to an original fender that was very close to beyond restoration but good enough to compare the Albrecht fenders. The Albrecht fenders were very close to the original fender - bead, serrations and shape. I have heard that there are some very minor differences between an original fender in the reinforcing plate for the runningboard and the reinforcing in the area where the splash apron goes. To me, both areas looked good and I am pretty picky. The only problem I had was with the right fender. I think they punched the mounting holes off about 3/16" to 1/4" where the fender mounts to the body. I had to cut out the slots a little to make the runningboard lay down on the runningboard brackets. Over all I was very satisfied with them.
Rusty Nelson
wrndln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 10:46 AM   #3
Russ/40

Default Re: New 1928-29 coupe rear fenders

The main difference I see is the crown of the fender is more shallow than an original. I'm referring to the lateral cross section of the Albrecht. It has a more gradual contour. An original fender takes a sharper turn. Can't think of a better way to describe it.
Russ/40 is offline   Reply With Quote