Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Late V8 (1954+)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-14-2019, 09:34 PM   #21
Alaska Jim

Default Re: Difficult selling on barn?

I have bought parts off the Barn, and the Hamb, with good results. sometimes I think that maybe the part was not as good as I had thought, but they were always useable , and not junk. there are many things I see for sale, and so do some of my friends, but the cost of shipping is just to high to get it here in Alaska, then if we are not satisfied, we usually end up keeping the part, just because the cost to return it is to high. I find this to be true not so much with the guys here on the Barn , or the Hamb, but mostly large company's like Mac's, Ecklers ( same co. ) where the shipping is very high to begin with. Speedway also sometimes fits into this shipping deal, bu putting a part in to large a box, and end up paying 3times the cost of the part in freight.
Alaska Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 10:26 PM   #22
Hot Rod Reverend

I buy and sell quite a bit online, and here on the FordBarn I mostly buy. I have been burnt... One fella sold me a "set" of 8 connecting rods. He only sent 7 and said with the great price I got on the parts I should just live with it. Another seller sent me a pack of 8, Autolite 46's, still in the boxes!!! LOL they were all used spark plugs. BUT! Last week I purchased an exhaust gas analyzer and an engine analyzer together from roysboystoys and I am very happy with how that went.

I get tired of it, but as most swap meets tend to dwindle in size and therefore parts availability, buying parts online has been the way for me to go. eBay has become so lopsided to the seller that the buyer is trusted 99 percent of the time. While this helps larger businesses and those selling "new" items that the masses consume, people like us who try to move items in a niche market can really take a beating. I sell quite a bit on eBay and the buyer is usually very happy with the transactions. I do ok.

Enter the FordBarn... I sell the CD's and Thumbdrives that contain a plethora of parts manuals on them in PDF form. I have sold very little however. When I do list parts, I get very little to no contact. It would be interesting to know the statistics for how many times the website is visited each day, how much your post visited (if at all), etc.
Old 06-21-2019, 12:09 PM   #23
Chris Haynes

If I was looking for a part eBay would be my first place to look over The Ford Barn. Why? Its simple. On eBay I can search for a spindle or any other part I need by name. Here I have to scroll through every single ad hoping to find what I need.
Speed costs money. How fast do you want to go?
Chris Haynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 05:13 PM   #24
51504bat

Why not use the search option here on the Barn?
Old 06-23-2019, 11:50 AM   #25
Dave Covey

I have a search set up for ebay that sends me an email everyday with a listing for 55 Ford Parts. Mostly I get key fobs and hubcaps..
Fordbarn: I look every time I'm on here and rarely see anything I might want or really need. When I am in need of something I'll post in the wanted to buy and will normally get at least a couple of contacts.
This place is one of 3 places I'll go to looking for stuff..

Dave
Dave Covey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 01:41 PM   #26
HOTRODPRIMER

I've been a member here since before Ryan took the reigns and have sold a few parts,but they have all been desirable pieces, '32 Ford stuff generally sells pretty good.

In buy and sell on the internet forums like the Ford Barn and the Hamb, I always look at their profile and see how long their have been a member and do they participate on the other forums?

If I get a PM from someone that joined that day wanting what you have or having that part you desperately need more than likely they are a scammer, especially if the ask you to pay with a money gram or a Wallmart gift card.

Due diligence will pay off in the long run, I don't hesitate to deal with long time members, they are here to stay. HRP
Old 06-25-2019, 07:50 PM   #27
Hot Rod Reverend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTRODPRIMER View Post
a Wallmart gift card.