Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Archives > Early V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-30-2005, 07:25 AM   #1

Default Reds headers

I've got a set of Red's headers for my 35 2door and am having a hell of a time with the headers on the drivers side. They don't want to fit in with the steering box. Anybody had a similar problem, the other side fits like a glove.

Old 03-30-2005, 07:38 AM   #2

Default Re: Reds headers

Call Red, he'll make good if there's a problem.

P

Old 03-30-2005, 07:45 AM   #3

Had a some problems like that with '52 F1 but did get them on OK - but Patrick is right on Red's - good folks to deal with.

Old 03-30-2005, 07:46 AM   #4

John: I have a 35 touring sedan with 21 stud and have a set of Reds headers that I was planning on using please let us know what you find out. Thanks Dave

Old 03-30-2005, 08:06 AM   #5

I am waiting on an email from them regarding what to try next. They have been very good to do business with so far and I expect to get this problem solved shortly. I guess its the spring fever that I want to get out with the car.

Old 03-30-2005, 10:12 AM   #6

I just put a set of reds headers on a 36 coupe with a 21 stud engine, had to fuss a bit around the steering box but they did go on eventually, i used bolts on the block instead of studs !!

Old 03-30-2005, 10:36 AM   #7

Bob: I removed the pan under the steering box and I was able to almost get it in. Did you have to remove the steering box. John

Old 03-30-2005, 11:08 AM   #8

I have Reds Headers on my 36 coupe, it was tricky around the steering box but they did go in,also on the passenger side the header is very close to the starter cable and the nut that screws on the starter bolt.

Old 03-30-2005, 11:53 AM   #9

Well after having dinner-a few beers and about an hour of looking at that header from top to bottom and end to end, I gave it one last try. By golly on the second attempt it slid right up into place. It's a bit snug around the steering box but it's in. Thanks guys for the ideas-maybe by saturday I'll have it running. John

Old 03-30-2005, 12:13 PM   #10

Sometimes all it takes is a little "lubrication". (

Old 03-30-2005, 02:01 PM   #11

HI,

I HAVE TROUBLE WITH THE HEADER RUBBING THE ANT-CHATTER ROD ON THE LEFT SIDE. OF MY 41 CONVT. WITH A 24 STUD ENGINE ALSO THE OUTLET OF THE HEADER ON THE RIGHT SIDE IS MADE ABOUT 9-9 INCHES TOO SHORT. THE END IS JUST BELOW A FRAME BRACE AND NEXT TO IMPOSSABLE TO GET A CLAMP ON. I HAD TO WELD A EXTENTION ON IT.

MY 2 CENTS WORTH

BIG AL

Old 03-30-2005, 02:30 PM   #12

Why don't you loosen the front motor mounts and jack the engine up a little. You can even move the front over slightly to get the header on. G.M.